Don’t Be a Jerk
You’d think this was self-evident but you’d be surprised. Basically don’t be that guy/girl.
Example behaviour includes but is not exclusive to:
- Hate Speech - Racist, Homophobic or Sexist slurs.
- Commenting on people’s appearance.
- Threats - Threatening another person with physical or sexual violence.
- Swearing, NSFW content, Illegal activities – We do have families who wish to enjoy or share Gems of War with their children. Let’s keep it clean.
- Trolling or Combative Behaviour – This also covers responding to such attacks in a similar manner.
- Sharing the personal information of others.
- Posting PMs – PMs are meant to stay private. This also include Support responses from the Support team.
- Purposefully derailing threads.
- Impersonating a Dev or Spreading False Information.
- Unnecessary Flagging of Forum Posts or Threads.
- Spoilers without warnings – Spoilers are okay as long a people know that the spoilers are there. (Remember not everyone wants to know.)
- Upsetting and/or provoking other forum members.
The PG-13 Line
Sometimes there are things that are said which don’t clearly violate out pre-existing guidelines. However, there are instances where while something may not technically break a rule, it is still harmful, inappropriate or best not mentioned in polite company.
This is where the PG-13 line comes in. We want you to have fun and be able to express yourself, but if we feel that something significantly crosses this line, you may be banned. A good way to frame this is by thinking about the following:
- Am I posting this for shock value? If so, probably best not to post it.
- Am I trying to goad someone into an argument? If so, maybe don’t.
- Am I comfortable with my children reading this? If not, don’t post the thing. (And if it’s very inappropriate and you would, maybe re-evaluate some of your choices. :P)
Be patient with new players
We were all new once, and not everyone has the time to go through hundreds of threads to find an answer to a specific question. We want to provide a warm, welcoming community for the lovely noobs joining us.
Don’t Hijack Other Guilds’ Recruitment Threads
Any posts in a Guild Recruitment thread trying to advertise a different guild will be removed. Classy people have their own recruitment thread!
This also includes flagging a recruitment thread until it closes.
No Rage Quitting the Game Threads
Unfortunately, these threads do nothing to further the conversation or discussion found in these forums. If you have feedback, there are feedback threads waiting for you input. We welcome all feedback, whether positive or negative, as long as you remain civil.
If you are leaving the game and wish to say goodbye, thank your guildies and farewell your friends, you are welcome to do so. Thank you for playing our game and being a part of our community! We will miss you, but also wish you the best of luck in the future.
No Selling Accounts/Guilds
Like pretty much every online game, we don’t support the private sale of accounts or guilds between players. So, in the spirit of that, any advertising of accounts of guilds for sale will be removed.
What are the consequences of breaking a rule?
- A first time offence will see 24 hour chat ban.
- A second time offence will incur a 48 hour chat ban.
- A third time offence will incur a week long chat ban.
- If you commit a fourth offence you will be chat banned forever.
- At any stage, if we feel the severity of the offence was extreme, or we believe there is little chance of the player changing their behavior, we will move the offence through the process up to and including an instant permanent ban.
If you are seen making a post that breaks one of these rules the post in question will be removed. If we feel that it is required, you will then be contacted by a member of our team to explain why this has happened.
If you persist in breaking the rules you will be banned.
Remember! It’s easy not to be banned - just be respectful in your dealings with others.
TLDR; don’t be a douche.