LEADER
WATER SPIRIT
DIVINE BOND
WATER HEART
BLESSED
FAST

PRIDE PROWESS
BARDIC INSPIRATION

Every time I start a match, I have to sit and wait a few seconds for every trait to show itself one by one. This is even worse now that hero talents are part of it too. On 4x it’s only 3-5 seconds, I can’t imagine what it’s like for people who play on lower speeds to try and avoid bugs.

DIVINE BOND
BLESSED
RADIANT AURA
ELEMENTAL SHIELD
RAKSHA BOND
WILDFOLK BOND
SERENDIPITY
MAGE LORD
MANA SOURCE
MENTOR
LEADER
ELEMENTAL BOND
FIRE SPIRIT
FIRE SPIRIT
FIRE SPIRIT
FIRE SPIRIT
EMPOWERED
ELEMENTAL BOND
FIRE SPIRIT
FIRE SPIRIT
FIRE SPIRIT
FIRE SPIRIT
EMPOWERED
ELEMENTAL BOND
FIRE SPIRIT
FIRE SPIRIT
FIRE SPIRIT
FIRE SPIRIT
EMPOWERED
ELEMENTAL BOND
FIRE SPIRIT
FIRE SPIRIT
FIRE SPIRIT
FIRE SPIRIT
EMPOWERED

PRIDE PROWESS
BARDIC INSPIRATION

This seems excessive, and is the source of many bugs due to players trying to make moves while being informed, for the 500th time, their opponent’s Divine Ishbaala is fully traited.

DIVINE BOND
BLESSED
RADIANT AURA
ELEMENTAL SHIELD
RAKSHA BOND
WILDFOLK BOND
SERENDIPITY
MAGE LORD
MANA SOURCE
MENTOR
LEADER
WATER SPIRIT
DIVINE BOND
WATER HEART
BLESSED
FAST
DIVINE BOND
SERENDIPITY
LEADING LIGHT
DAWN’S AURA
MENTOR
DIVINITY
ARMORED
ELEMENTAL SHIELD
RAKSHA BOND
DIVINE BOND
BLESSED
RADIANT AURA

PRIDE PROWESS
BARDIC INSPIRATION
DIVINE AURA
PRIDE PROWESS

Can there be an option to turn off trait animations? I don’t think most players benefit from them after a few hours, and they’re causing gameplay bugs.

23 Likes

Corollary: this is not the same as asking that all such animations happen simultaneously. Poor @Sheba’s eyes would never recover from such a sensory assault.

2 Likes

If they tone down the sounds of all the traits it would be great too. Also to be sure the devs don’t go in a road of simply disabling these notifications forever:

PLEASE, GIVES US AN OPTION ON THE SETTINGS TO TURN OFF THESE MULTIPLE TRIGGERS. IF PEOPLE ARE OK WITH IT LET THEM HAVE IT. THANK YOU!

Simple as that.

5 Likes

Ah, that’s okay, I feel like the barrier effect has already made me almost completely blind anyway at this point.:wink: No, honestly, the trait stuff at the beginning of the battle is annoying, but the worst for me are symbol-flashing effects, like from CoA or Bard-Hero, where every troop gains one to all stats each round and all the symbols flash up. It’s like daggers to the eyes and why I avoid using these troops.

3 Likes

We also have similar issues when we have traits that trigger on 4-5 matches. Granted, this used to be far worse before, they fixed how those would fire multiple times at once, but its still not ideal. Talking about Krakens’ Tentacles, anything with Huge, etc.

1 Like

Hey @Slypenslyde,

We are looking at improving the trait animations in 3.6, making them more readable and quicker to get through. We won’t be providing the option of turning them off though (for gameplay flow and readability reasons).

3 Likes

I think this is… odd… if we can play at faster speeds that accelerates the gameplay flow and don’t allow us to read all the triggers anyway, why not give the players the option to turn it off?

3 Likes

I think turning them off would be the best option, but I’ll wait to see the tweak before condemning it.

I’m not not really clear on how you plan to quickly and legibly show 12+ indicators.

I’m with you, trait animation is painful when doing farming.

Are we talking about the animation itself throughout the battle or just the initial ones at the start of the battle? No one, at least I don’t, is able to read through 15-20 traits across four card at the same time. Let alone know what all of them do, so we have to check the cards individually anyways (especially the hero nowadays).