Lets talk about delve rewards and maybe figure out something better

about years later nothing changed. the rewards for high level delve fighting are just ridiculous.

Just played a Level 500 delve, the treasure chest raised up to level 8 after boss fight.

The rewards were 116 glory and 80 shards. nothing more.

So the high level delves are not even worth any time. even in a low level chest at level 8 i suppose to get better rewards. even if it is only a higher amount of gold.

2 Likes

They havenā€™t updated the rewards for pretty much any game mode. With the exception of the Arena re-work introducing it having access to the Daily Deals stuff, game modes still have the exact same reward tables as they did when they were introduced.

Iā€™m back to 100% renown in all factions as of this morning. If I do delves on the side, either itā€™s a Tuesday Faction Assault that Iā€™m doing with the free sigils for the rewards (Vault Key + 1/2 Chaos Orbs depending on RNG luck) or itā€™s a ā€œfarming delveā€ Iā€™m doing quickly (at Level 50) looking for Angel/Merchant and/or class XP. Iā€™m certainly not doing them for the other rewards; there are other ways to farm Gold and I have more of any other resource I can get through delving than I can see needing for a very long time.

I wouldnā€™t even do Deep Delves at this point even if the developers introduced a way to do them at Level 100 because it wouldnā€™t be worth it. Iā€™m certainly not going to do them at Level 500 because thatā€™s more effort for middling rewards.

They also significantly redid dungeons, and almost every modeā€™s rewards changed a little with the addition of the new orbs.
The Deep Delve is a bust because the reward for the special treasure room just isnā€™t good enough to spend an extra delve token + 10000 gold. They would have to add a possibility of getting a hoard mimic from defeating that hoard mimic, and a base hoard bonus. Otherwise the deep delve is too disappointing too much of the time.

1 Like

Now i am done with delves. made the faction assault today. got 3 lvl 9 chests, 1 lvl 10 chest and 5 lvl 7 chests. and all that i got from them, no matter which level the chest is, were some shards.

that is ridiculous. why leveling up the chest when you just get only shards from it??? not one ingot, not one little souls. only shards.

if these changes move on in the game, i will quit it. it do not make any fun if the rewards are that awful.

This might sound surprising. Iā€™ve got full renown in all delves, I still run my three sigils every day. For the shards. Thereā€™s some other incentives mixed in, like some gold, glory, souls and hero xp, the main reason is shards though. I usually want to collect at least 10k shards each 4 weeks, for a long time to come, to not make pulling each newly introduced fifth faction troop awkward.

Play a bit longer. Youā€™ll eventually start to groan every time you pull ingots from the chest, then eventually stop groaning because your throat is constantly sore.

5 Likes

I wish they would make rewards a choice. You could pick 2 or 3 of 5 options. I will likely never need souls or ingots from delves at this point, and would rather pick from among gold, glory and shards.