Game Mode Idea

I think it would be interesting to have something similar to Delves but card stats don’t refresh either. So if something is grown huge in a round it stays that way or if something is about to die it stays that way for the next round. It would make for interesting strategies.

3 Likes
  • Yet another mode? Do you still have spare time? Most players are struggleing with what is there already

• Also, the strategies would be massively weighted towards devourers and Vespera. While delve itself already has a bunch of strategies, it rules out (anything with self-sacrifice for expample), this one would narrow it down way more. Not as much fun as you might think.

7 Likes

OK. I don’t play all the modes. Just something I have been thinking about.

1 Like

I have thought of it, too, from time to time. What would really be nice is if there was a toggle switch in the underworld for it - like swirching ro the hard level in PVP or vault. I have no idea of the development effort involved or if I would even like playing it after trying it out once. Curious minds just can’t help wondering :star_struck:

With all the modes available, I don’t have time to complete a good portion of them already. I’ve only done Underspire 2 or 3 times, I never do arena, or GW, let alone other weekly events like Tuesday delve and Thursday class event, simply not enough time.

1 Like

I like your idea of a toggle…that would be fun!

1 Like

Yeah, I attempted Underspire on release, but it didn’t grab me. I do like to come to the game and see different areas to play in. Depending on mood that’s what I choose.

How about back to back delves. Like you can just keep going until your whole team wipes finally. Maybe it gets harder n harder but if u lose a troop it stays gone n if you beat the whole thing you go again for free etc

2 Likes

Sinny: Like this?

They can do this and 10 more modes for the folks that need more content to fill their extra time. I would hope this would be a personal event so you can skip it if you so choose. We don’t need more guild events that usually are mandatory in top guilds.

4 Likes

Yeah, I know guild players are overloaded.

From what I’m told, if you’re not putting all your efforts into completing underspire every week you’re wasting your time playing.

Well, obviously :joy: What can I say, I like to rebel when it comes to my free time.

1 Like

I would never say you’re wasting time playing if you are enjoying it. But, I do get better rewards from Underspire for fewer gems than I spend on guild events every week - other than Journey. I enjoy working toward a common goal with my guild, but I would not spend as much on those events otherwise.

3 Likes

I’ve thought before that a survival mode like this would be cool. Not being able to change your team and having to defeat an endless stream of tougher and tougher opponents for ever increasing rewards.
The main thing would be balancing it, since it obviously makes teams need to use certain strategies like life steal, stat increases, devour, insta-kill, etc. I’d suggest that the enemy team doesn’t just get increased stats, but add traits each time kinda like delves, so you can include stuff like immunity to devour to help combat those strategies.

Also, instead of a constant stream of battles, it could be a single battle with a powerful boss that has the following traits:

1. Whenever an ally dies, summon a new random troop at 10 levels above the defeated troop. Whenever I die, summon a copy of myself at 10 levels above the defeated troop.
  2. Invulnerable - immune to all status effects and devour, etc.
  3. Whenever a troop is summoned give all allies a random trait.

That’d mean you can never truly beat the boss, just keep killing it and the other troops and they keep getting harder. I’d also make any troop summoned by the boss a battlecrasher so that they give a reward when you defeat them. Assuming the game can handle that.
Just have them all drop a specific reward that you exchange for random stuff, like a special boss key. And the higher the level of the battlecrasher, the more boss keys you get from them. So when you cash them in, you get a load of rewards, with a small chance for rare stuff, like writs, deeds, dragonite, cursed runes, etc.

2 Likes

JHM: While it sounds like a pain to program, I admit that this is a fascinating idea in the single fight format. Maybe drop the keys as rewards (we already got so many of those) and have every couple of summons be a gnome, and in rarer cases a Cedric.

The issue with strong status boosters, who can keep going almost indefinitely (getting a team with all 1000 values is not a matter of if, but of when in some setups), remains, and if only the boss is invulnerable, Irongut and wand of stars could at least keep going for a very long time until the random pick is invulnerable for all.

Might still need a bit of polishing on details, but you could be onto something there.

1 Like

Yeah, this sounds like a neat idea! I dig it!

1 Like

Yeah they would actually have to have someone good at the game test it first and then put in counter measures to their strats. They dont have anyone like that they arent good at their own game n dont listen to us. Would be fun tho if they were actually willing to put in the effort instead of inventing a new resource for a new dragon or pet for us to buy with real money as they spoon feed f2p

1 Like

Thanks. Definitely feels like a cool idea if done well, though I don’t have a lot of hope of seeing it any time soon, as you say it’d be a pain to implement. Still, we can imagine it and you never know.
Keys would be good, especially those from the Paragon’s path update, which already give good rewards, but only occasionally in among gem and glory keys. You’d get a good mix of rewards then.

Not sure how to combat the bloated stats in a way that feels fair. Maybe give the boss a spell that reduces all stats on a given target by a fixed percentage? Kinda like kryshound does half life and armour. Combine with a second effect, like creating gems (mana or hero gems) and it could be fearsome even against a heavily boosted team. If the percentage of skills removed was based on the boss’s magic, the effect would scale up as it increases in level, with a hard cap at 99% or something. You’d just need to get the scaling of magic boost right, and it’d need some trial and error with plenty of testing to make it feel fair. But I think it’d be doable.

1 Like