Let's get physical 🏃‍♀️

I miss it as well. It isn’t an easy sport to pick up again though. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Walking to the fridge to grab some cold pizza

2 Likes

Have you ever considered doing larping? My housemates do it every week, it’s not the same as fencing though.

I used to swordfight acitvely in the SCA! I don’t think larping is for me though.

I don’t know what SCA is. Sword something?

It’s a historical re-enactment thing. :slight_smile: Society for Creative Anachronism - Wikipedia

2 Likes

+1 Zombie Run here, even for my Runner 5 shirt

2 Likes

Ahh, I see, nifty. The guys I live with do the full on armour thing, but use fibreglass/foam weapons/shields. It’s actually pretty exhausting, running around for two hours carting ten kilos of crap around with you.

Though I do know a couple people that go the full thing, one works at Kryal Castle, another just does the accurate equipment stuff for fun, I think it’s called HMV.

1 Like

It’s so common in Melb! I know salty knows some friends who do it, I have some friends as well. If I had more time I would. I think it’s a bit of a luxury exercise, I’d rather just do some HIIT and be done with cardio :joy:

1 Like

Yeah, I find cardio a bit boring, unless I’m riding my bike around the city with my headphones in (which I can do for hours), I’m not really into cardio stuff.

1 Like

I’m surprised how clean this thread is, well done everyone!

2 Likes

@Saltypatra just earned some mad props from me on this! I never got into SCA but I was a big Amtgard proponent when I was in junior high and high school!

I designed and built my own short sword, long sword, quarterstaff, and even an axe! It was fun… :thinking: :grin:

I have not thought about this stuff in DECADES!!! :scream_cat:

3 Likes

It’s so much fun, isn’t @efh313! Now I want to start again but I just don’t have the time. :frowning:

1 Like

I literally looked up the Amtgard website and spent about an hour and half just reading over all the material. I would love to play again, but as you pointed out… where is the time?

Work
Wife
Children
Gems

Just no time for Fantasy Swordplay in my life… :cry:

Maybe when your kids live on their own? It takes so much time but that’s time you can play gems with instead :wink:

Yes! That’s why I do HIIT. So much quicker and you can listen to music.

I jog a bit but enjoy when my bf can actually join me. Otherwise I skip it sometimes.