Let's get physical šŸƒā€ā™€ļø

:weight_lifting_woman:

I havenā€™t posted in off-topic for awhile, so thought Iā€™d start a random convo!

Whatā€™s your favourite type of exercise (even if you donā€™t do it regularly)? Walking? Running? Spamming refresh in PVP on Gems of War?

I lovvvve weight lifting. Gotta get dem gains! I hate running though so I do ride my bike to work every day (about 30 mins one way) and do HIIT cardio as well.

1 Like

My favorite is rowing and push-ups.

I like walking a lot. Not much else to it. Sucks in the winter though.

1 Like

Bike riding, pull ups, planks mostly. Basically stuff I can do at home or on the go. Helps get around my tendency to flake out on going to the gym.

2 Likes

I go to bikram yoga once or twice a week

I just moved to a new Suburb in November and itā€™s been lovely walking around in summer at night around 8 pm - itā€™s a very weird residential area unlock others in Melbourne. Everyone has quirky townhouses built in odd shapes.

What is that like? Iā€™ve heard about it but never understood how it is different to other yoga.

Its 105 degrees in the room so its like yoga in a sauna

I love bike riding (it helps that Melbourne is a really good city for bikes), but I have a bad habit of getting my bike stolen, so currently I donā€™t have one.

Weights I like, dead lifts, floor press, etc. Also planks and push ups. I cannot, no matter how hard I try, do a pull up, I just canā€™t seem to lift my own body mass with those particular muscle groups, itā€™s really annoying.

I am a really poor runner though, Iā€™m fine on a treadmill but I struggle running around the city.

Iā€™m all about that dance aerobics.

1 Like

Hahaha up 5 in the morning, every day.

1 Like

I donā€™t get much exerciseā€¦
I direct a Barbershop Chorus on Tuesday nights for 3 hours and I direct Handbells and Church Choir on Wednesday for 2 and 1/2 hours. My conducting is very expressive so I count that as a solid 5 hours of cardio a week!

However, the best exercise I ever got was that one family trip to Las Vegas when I was a kid. My sister and I spent the whole week in the arcade at Circus Circus playing this game:

Wish I could find one of those nowā€¦ :thinking:

3 Likes

Have you tried the assisted pull up machines at gyms? I have this problem too. Itā€™s frustrating because I know I am quite strong but I am also very tall with long limbs so I have extra weight to lift, also being female Iā€™m naturally weaker! Melbourne is great for riding. Deadlifts are also my favourite, though I can only do half a straight leg deadlift. I often struggle with lower body workouts because my back gets sore too easily as I only have an adjustable dumb bell set at home. :frowning:

You would probably see me doing this at clubs/bars anyway :wink:

You could try Just Dance @efh313?

1 Like

My favorite is the one-armed barley lift :muscle::beer:
I get enough excercise at work :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I havenā€™t done it in a few years, but I used to love to ice skate (weird hobby for Australia I know).

Horse Riding is also good but I live in the city so I have too far to travel to go horse riding now days.

3 Likes

I play basketball regularly and do a little cardio to stay in shape for it. Used to play soccer in the summers, but it was getting too hard on my body so I gave it up a couple years ago.

In the winters, I shovel snow.

1 Like

Yeah, I use them occasionally, my PT gets me to do stuff to try and improve my strength there because letā€™s face it, if I happen to be in a situation where I am falling off a building and happen to catch myself on a balcony ledge or whatever, being able to pull myself back up would be quite useful.

Iā€™ve gone to Docklands once, it was a lot of fun (albeit painful initially). My favourite sport to watch is Ice Hockey as well so ice skating has always been interesting to me.

Buy a horse and ride it in the city, be a modern day cowgirl (pretty sure you are female, apologies if not).

1 Like

Lifting a beerā€¦
While playing Gemsā€¦

3 Likes

Skating :hugs:I used to play hockey, but my knees/back/shoulder/neck objected at various times. Still got my gear, will play again. Will be in ā€˜old-timersā€™ league, but crease crashers WILL be ā€˜talked toā€™. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
(goalies are all a bit mad :upside_down_face:)

:hammer:
:brain:

2 Likes

Pokemon Goā€¦

2 Likes