Last Minute Guild Wars Questions and Suggestions

You’re assuming they are. There is a top 5 guild in our bracket.

That’s not really a good solution.

lets say right now guild statues are kind of new, but in half of year a low activity guild with lv200 bonuses that just keeps playign few matches a day will be no match for a lot of decent and active guilds

i dont see a point in this, its like a come back from guild trophy ranking xD

It is not thats why i asked up there for it to be separated. But for now i wanted to help you out to find what you can.

2 Likes

Which one exactly?

Intrim 2 I think, if bracket 2.

1 Like

Cool, I didn’t see the request. Thanks for doing that. It’s a big issue, especially since the PVP Battle Log only reports on the last few battles. If you’ve done PVP since GW, you have no idea at all.

1 Like

Intrim 2 is ranked 8th.

It really is. We need to see what our team is doing to further plan and tune it.

1 Like

Yes, we need playback of our last 20 defends under the battles tag thing. It tracks players, but it gives no data whatsoever as to the performance other than win or lose.

3 Likes

The problem i see is this:
Let’s say a guild finishes first in their bracket. They move up a bracket or 2. But they still get the same reward as the last guild in their bracket?

Rank 1 guild in all brackets should get some additional reward for their performance. It doesn’t have to be huge just to distinguish their efforts.

3 Likes

It isn’t technically a reward, but people who finish first on their bracket do get a visual “1st” next to their guild, which may last forever. Based on what we have seen from previews and game files, it looks like it will keep track of the history of 1st any guild obtains regardless of bracket.

As far as I understood brackets have nothing to do with rewards. It’s just a way to choose your guild opponents during the week so you will not be matched with a super hardcore guild.
Rewards are only based on the number of points that your guild did compared to the other guilds. Super strangely we cqnnot see this overall leaderboard by points (and not bracket)…

1 Like

Top guilds are over 100,000 points atm.

The max possible a maxed guild can get per day is around 250,000-280,000, though realistically more towards 200,000.

Sorry @DonBoba , you’re too active for me to pick one reply to quote :wink: . Yes, the math does mean that if somebody has a much bigger bonus we simply can’t win. As @htismaqe mentioned, the lack of transparency is a huge issue. I’m not certain there are no guilds in our bracket that aren’t much bigger. However, let’s assume we’re all close to the same. That means the top couple who win will get moved up to a bracket against those teams with huge bonuses, and they won’t be able to compete. The system does not have a way for newer guilds who work really hard and are super strategic to beat the older guilds, even if they outplay and outstrategize them. Older guilds already have advantages in higher kingdom bonuses, larger troop catalogs, higher guild statues, etc. But if a weaker team figures out a way to perform better then them (meaning winning more of their battles and defending better), they should win, not get lower points for accomplishing the same thing. That’s not competition…

2 Likes

Ok i dont disagree with this.

Are you sure? Why don’t we then see a top 50 points earned, it would make things more logical.

That’s not the case, brackets do dictate rewards. In Guild Wars - Sneak Peek Wrap Up opening post Sirrian specified that “You won’t be able to finish any higher than the TOP of your bracket, and any lower than the BOTTOM. So in the example above, Sparkle Ponies won’t be able to finish higher than 21st, or lower than 30th.”. So if you are in the top bracket, you are guaranteed 10th place rewards at worst. And if you’re in second bracket, you have no chance at better than 11th place.

4 Likes

Wish a dev would show up and answers our questions. Either explain it all or show up after the update is played to resolve players questions.

2 Likes

That’s how i understand it too.
We are 5th by points right now, but we will get at best reward for rank 21. I don’t think we will stay on 5th for long but we might end up somewhere around rank 10.
Also how is it fair to award rank 11 and rank 20 the same reward o.O

1 Like