Last Minute Guild Wars Questions and Suggestions

Glad I’ve been helpful :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll be accepting my invitation to math society from 1PM to 8 PM today.

8 Likes

We did some (very) quick math on Discord and it looks like it will always be better to taking 4 colour troops, and lose 2, than it would be to take only 2 colour troops in and not lose a single troop. (VERY low level Statue guilds will only see a very minor gain, but 4 colours still wins). Haven’t checked other combinations, but in general it looks like colour will trump not losing troops.

2 Likes

That the bonus per surviving troop is 10%, on top of everything else, seems off to me. Sirrian had said several times that the bonus would be a small modifier with an eye toward preventing ties. Wonder if that was a conscious design decision, or another switch up between multiplication and addition in the code (a la the red statue kerfuffle).

1 Like

I am very annoyed that color bonus is rewarded based off statute levels.

This should be flat. The result of this distortion is that guilds 6-9 need to do 40% better in raw results to beat intrim and anonymous.

This is clearly ridiculous

1 Like

On the other hand, one of the goals of guild wars was to reward the “best”, most active guilds. By almost any metric, Intrim and Anonymous qualify. I don’t think a flat bonus is the way to go, because something should reward them for the work they’ve done getting their statues to level 200. Maybe a flatter bonus curve is in order, if the first couple of weeks show zero movement in the top four guilds.

5 Likes

Difference is not so huge however. If members of anon or intrim do perfect fights they will win anyway.
We currently have more points then any guild in our bracket or in bracket above us. This may change but still. (To further clarify 81k points which would rank us 4th in top bracket, and all guilds in top bracket have higher statues then us).
Fighting good is the most important factor.

2 Likes

Agree - the points difference between winning 4 matches and winning 5 matches is so large, and colour bonuses are just the cherry on top

1 Like

Lead us our paragon! Defeat enemy armies with your mighty handsomnes!

I can fill some holes (you always need a lowbie guild :smiley: )

For our guild :

• Level 54 is 36 %
  • 56 is 37 %
  • 62 and 63 are 39 %
  • 66 and 67 are 40 %
1 Like

I was pumped about Guild Wars, and have been greatly impressed with most of it. There are only a couple issues I have, but they are big enough to pretty much sour the whole thing. Maybe @Saltypatra can pass this along to the devs.

Brackets were necessary to group similar strength guilds together. But giving older guilds static bonuses that cannot be beaten is patently unfair. Based on the current system, if I use 4 troops of the bonus colour and all 4 survive, and the other guild only uses 3 troops of the bonus colour and only 3 survive, they will get more points and beat me. If I had understood this sooner I would not have wasted any resources on sentinels. I can’t stress enough how much I hate this inability to actually compete on skill.

My next issue, which is more minor but still frustrating, is the lack of information being presented in the game. The colour bonus points of my opponents are hidden, which means spending on the sentinels really is a gamble since they may not actually do enough to help you win. It’s one thing if spending is a choice and a strategic way to give you a slight edge. But if other bonuses have already decided that I can’t win (or the reverse that I have a high enough bonus that I can’t realistically be beaten), there is no point in levelling the sentinels. Another small improvement would be to see the progress of my opponent. I know that I’ve done 50/150 battles, but I don’t know if my opponents points are based on a similar 33%, or if they’ve done 100% already. As a result, a lot of the appeal and excitement of “leaderboard watching” is missing.

Guild Wars looks awesome, and the dev team has done an amazing job. Luckily most of the things I’ve mentioned are pretty easily tweakable issues, more numbers and decisions rather than technical. But as things stand, Guild Wars is simply not a competetive or enjoyable mode. It’s simply another weekly event system where I can do some extra battles to get stuff.:cry:

8 Likes

Except that this is not the case. Difference is far from being that huge. And it’s capped at 80% so theres that too.

Oh absolutely this. I want to see how are guilds in my bracket doing! And would be cool to see their bonus for colors too.

Also show us the battle results in a different place then the current battle log!

we have been put to #66 in the guild war ranking (bracket 7)
and we have only 43% color bonus
comparing to 80% it seem rather @beanie42 is right

i certainly wish to have some idea about other guilds color bonuses

and i also agree with @beanie42 that the % differences are too high 20% to 80%?

i hope it resets weekly but even if so it still makes me wish i was in a 200lv statue guild… =_=
this system is antisocial

So you are telling me guilds in bracket 7# have 80% bonuses? I am willing to bet that they are all 10%+/- to yours 43%.

no but who knows, they may have 20% difference , thats 63%

and inevitably, regardless how well my guild will perform we will have to fall back in ranking due to the 43%

1 Like

We in bracket 3 have 55-57%. Im sure your opponents don’t have more.
Guilds are placed in brackets based on activity, and it has been done rather well so don’t be silly. None of your opponents have substantial advantage over you and you can fight for rank 1 in your bracket without a problem.

on last week activity or whole-gow-guild-statues activity?

less active guilds (who reached 200lv statues in past) will come on top in few weeks due to the % xD
they only need to do 5 fights a day

The problem here is the lack of transparency. There are some “named” guilds in our bracket and it would be hard to assume that they have similar Guild Statue levels to ours. But since the game doesn’t tell us, we really have zero way of knowing and that’s not a good thing, IMO.

Also, @Saltypatra,

Was it intentional to give us no way in the game interface to see how effective our defense teams are? We don’t know who is invading us, even let alone the outcome. How are we supposed to set our defense teams going forward if we don’t know how well they’re faring?

7 Likes

I’m not a dev so i don’t have an answer to this.
But brackets are matching up opponents of quite similar levels of play.

You can see it in battle log. But youll have to open up every player to see are they from guild you are fighting against.

2 Likes