[Known Issue] Troop summoned on wrong side (display bug) THEN opponent summoned a troop over top

Platform, device version and operating system:
Mobile; Samsung Galaxy S9; Android version 9

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I’ve seen the issue before where a troop dies to reflected damage (reflected skull damage in this case from Gloom Leaf in the ToD level 25 doom fight), and a summoned troop goes to the wrong side of the board. That happened here, but something new as well. My hero was killed, and Alderfather summoned a Treant into my 1st slot, which appeared on the opponent’s side of the board. Top screenshot shows this. I proceeded to kill the valraven, and Sylvanimora, which then sumoned a dragonette on death (because of course she did). The Dragonette also landed in my opponent’s top slot, obscuring my Treant. The rest of the fight was pretty confusing, but I recorded a video: Very strange - YouTube

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
I’ve seen my summoned troop land on the wrong side of the board after my own top troop died of reflected damage before. But I’ve never seen an opponent’s summoned troop obscure that troop before.

Steps to make it happen again
top troop killed by reflected skull damage (or possibly any reflected damage); summoned troop will go to the wrong side of the board.

1 Like

I almost made the title: “Troop summoned on wrong side… you won’t believe what happened next!”

But I have too much self-respect for that.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, this is a known issue, but it was missing from the Known Issues article. I’ve just added it back on T__T

hey, look! This bug is still around!

Step 1: Your top troop is killed by reflected skull damage
Step 2: Your summoned troop will appear on the wrong side of the screen.

This bug is years old.

In case anyone was wondering, this can happen on either side of the board. If a troop is summoned “below” the bugged one, it cannot be cast until the bugged summon is dead.
(Tested on mobile. On PC, it might be possible to get around this if using a controller.)

It looks like this bug is still around. I was battling King Gloomleaf today and had this happen to me when Jar of Eyes summoned a troop for the other side.

1 Like