Kingdom Rework - Wild Plains

Guess Gnolls could see some Guild-war anti-color use on defense

Bracket 1 Paragon green day. A Gnoll was the only offensive troop. So yeah I’d say so. :wink:

1 Like

The part I’m unhappy with is that both legendaries were extremely subpar, and only one got buffed and in such an insignificant way that it won’t matter at all. I’ve regretted every time I put Stronghorn on my team where I wasn’t completely restricted to Tauros, and even sometimes where I was… his stat ramping is far too slow especially for a troop that can’t contribute to the trigger condition (match 4/5) he just doesn’t do enough damage with that boost ratio, and if you want a dedicated team rearranger, you probably want something much faster (or, you know, Rope Dart). Hydra doesn’t really even “work” unless you pull him in the first couple weeks of gameplay where the pace of the game is slow enough that he might survive hits and be able to deal significant damage (and yet probably still not full lethal, which can be accomplished pretty early on with just a Rowanne setup and an armor buffer, both available super early), and even then there are a lot better options as early game troops that don’t have such an absurd setup condition (Ranger will get you through nearly every battle you could apply Hydra to early game). Its conceptually flawed troop design because there aren’t enough ways to take damage that isn’t lethal damage to fuel his boost ratio, but really, a 4x boost ratio (or at least 3x) would have helped immensely. Neither of these have fully functional designs, so it was extremely disappointing that they got passed over.

Most legendaries should have some kind of significant application. Especially “recently reworked” legendaries. This one, unlike the last “rework” for Pan’s Vale, at least saw some actual significant changes on many lower rarity troops, but still didn’t significantly alter either of the legendaries that were candidates for bottom tier. I feel the same way about Pan’s Vale, too. Like how Bunni’Nog’s “buffed” spell is still objectively weaker than an entire cross section of Epic troops that already barely see play because of how niche they are.

The Epic and below stuff is probably fine. Its mostly thematic on a lot of them, and some fringe viable stuff got a little less fringe. Significantly changes how you’d use a few of the troops, which is nice, and way better than Pan’s Vale got.

6 Likes

This is a good rebuttal and I agree in general every Legendary should have a good niche.

Sadly I think if I laid them out there’s probably at most a dozen very useful ones? That means if I hear some kingdom’s getting reworked I more or less expect a very small chance the power level will come out much higher than it went in.

At some point, there’s just going to be too many legendaries to have a good niche for all of them. Pan’s Vale already has 4 kingdom legendaries and 1 faction legendary.

I just want the Mythics to be all be decent, given how rare they are. Imagine paying $50 for one of those Path to Glory and getting Fallen Valdis or Tian Yi…

1 Like

Actually when I imagine paying $50 I get an entire game in return. I couldn’t ever imagine paying that much for 25% of a team in one game.

2 Likes

Same issue with Mythic troops though… somehow not a loot box . :man_shrugging: