Kingdom Rework - Wild Plains

Thanks! Bummer about that boost ratio though. That’s decent for early players if you hit the 2x, but probably not quite good enough for the mid and late-game players.

I’m going to be annoyed if the Skeleros in delves is even better than the one that already exists.

Any card that’s in delves that gets buffed even a little gets a huge buff in high-level content…

2 Likes

I am totally with you. I am already lamenting the Bulette buff. As minimal as it is, you get that butterfly effect at high delve and event levels!

Glad mongo has more randomness yay

You forgot about the Hydra. @Tacet has a good suggestion on how to buff it.
How were you able to miss such a troop? It’s currently useless now.

1 Like

I think it was sneakily done in this update, I could be wrong
But thanks devs for adding under the boost ratio, the total multiplier for troops like Ketras

It was mentioned in 4.4 patch note

I misread that transform the first time I saw your post. I thought it was transform an enemy into a random Fey.

Man, I was so confused when my Mongo became a Slyph today.

2 Likes

It would have much been better to have the Fey come empowered. At least that way Mongo’s spell cast would not be a total waste.

2 Likes

You did some changes, but the kingdom is still full of unplayable troops aside from the Tauros.

To call this a rework in the sense that it’s was a good job is an insult to the intelligence of any individual…

1 Like

Forums… Is this what I sound like when the devs give me half of what I want? Or at least attempt to make changes the community would enjoy?

If so…

My apologies. I had no clue that’s what I sounded like.

1 Like

You and I are still entitled to our opinions, and even if such opinions are not entirely pleasant they can play a role on guiding the decision making process of the developers.

From what i recall, no. In this very specific case maybe you could be trying to get back at me from everytime i played the “Give the devs the benefit of the doubt.” or “Let’s be patient.” card in their defense when we argued. Maybe i’m wrong… Who knows?

But i don’t expect that any future change will be made to Wild Plains for the betterment of the game or to improve the player’s experience. They simply won’t do it because it’s not on their interests after waiting nearly three years for… this! After nearly three years this is the best they could come up with?

If the answer is yes, then i shouldn’t have banked in any hope… How is that saying again?
“Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.”

Yes, i’m the one to be blamed in the end.

Agree.
A bunch of unused troop, after time, ressources and effort, were turned into slightly different, but still unusable troops.

3 Likes

I personally think these changes have made the troops much better for newer players, and really I think that’s what they meant to do here.

I don’t know why Hydra and Chief Stronghorn didn’t get reworked (the former especially) to make them more interesting for later-game players.

6 Likes

They gave gnolls a theme (50% chance to target incorrectly, Hatred traits) and adjusted other troops to match existing themes (Attack/Life/Armor based boost for Minogor, skull doubling on Skeleros). Looks okay to me, every kingdom has some troops you wouldn’t really put into your team.

2 Likes

I think two things are clouding judgement:

1. The Wild Plains remake has been promised/anticipated for so long there’s no way it could live up to expectations.
  2. Expectations are questionable. A Common’s a Common and even after a rework I expect a 98% chance it will be unusable.

The point of the remake wasn’t to make Wild Plains the new jewel of Krystara. The point was to address that it wasn’t cohesive and didn’t seem to have a purpose. I think the goal of the remake was accomplished.

You can argue there’s still no real point to building a 4x Wild Plains team. Is there really a reason to build many 4x kingdom/creature teams at all? This is an endemic problem in the game if you see it as a problem, it’s not specific to Wild Plains or any other kingdom. Right now, the game’s focus is around powerful synergies with powerful weapons and hero classes. No kingdom or creature type gains a tribal bonus that represents the same power as these weapons and synergies. If Wild Plains were updated to address that, its power curve would have to be so dramatically higher than the rest of the game there’d be a danger of making it “the new Divines”.

To get what it seems people want and have a snowball’s chance of maintaining balance, we’d need to rework most of the game at once.

2 Likes

Give me one case of cider, ten cheese pizzas and three days.

6 Likes

Don’t forget the cloak of invisibility, because no matter how you rework most of the game, the majority is going to dislike it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Nah, I got this. *nod*

2 Likes

In @Shimrra We Trust

1 Like