It's time for a vote

Who wants Gems of War version 1.0 back?

No thanks. While I will concede that there are some issues I have with this game (mostly with the older systems), this is a better product than they originally released. Even the PVP system is miles better… Trying to keep a win streak when everyone would just Devour spam? I quit shortly after that.

It does seem like their development focus has changed to purely making money, which is unfortunate, but there’s still a lot I haven’t completed yet. Right now I’m working on getting classes to 100, a bit at a time.

Just looking forward to seeing what they do after Factions are all released. Might be fun, might not be, but they do have the scaffolding there.

I can’t give an opinion about the original version of Gems of War as I’m a bit late to the party, but I kinda wish I could go back to the way it was back in mid 2017 when I first started playing this game. The old UI was so much prettier than what we have now, and gems were in LTs back then. But then again, gnomes didn’t exist back then, and I love gnome hunting. So I’m not sure whether I would prefer the 2017 or 2018 versions of GoW. Either way, I prefer the past versions of GoW over what we have now. But that won’t stop me from continuing to play GoW as it is still my favorite game, I just wish we could get some better updates that aren’t all about the $$$.

2 Likes

I’ll pass, I also don’t want my old monochrome CRT computer monitor back. Sign me up instead for getting the team back that originally made GoW 1.0 such a huge success.

3 Likes

I was here then an no thank you. The current version may not be ideal, but it’s better than 1.0.

If they had a 4.6 revert option I would do it immediately.

2 Likes

No
Must be 10 characters

Nope. 1x speed wasn’t fun after we got to see 4x

2 Likes

I want the old skins back.

aaa, so that’s why some pictures of the game look so epic in here… the old one looks great, todays version is so polished. it would have been nice to see the old version, can’t say much more to this…

Some games have the option to use old graphics, that would be cool

1 Like

Oh yes, so epic… My old avatar disagrees.

1 Like

i’m sure that’s just a bad angle :smile:

2 Likes