Issue: Weekly Events not Resetting Correctly (Jan 1st 2018) FIXED

No one knows right now if there will be a rollback or not, but rollbacks mean that everything will be rolled back (as in, your account will be set to a former date) - this means you will get resources you spent back, but also lose anything you crafted or found after the date.

While a rollback is apparently unlikely, I still decided not to play today; I would feel horrid if I do a few hours of Arcane faming just to lose it all then.

4 Likes

Thanks for the advice. I too will hold off on play until I hear official word it’s been fixed.

Hey we can lose as many times as we want right now and it won’t impact anyone’s perfect records next week lol.

Is the new mythic hero still in the event chests @Sirrian? Only asking because i did a few pulls before i found out about the problem.

A mythic troop? If you mean Skadi, she’s gone from chests since Friday… but never was in event chests. If you mean the new troop, Chief Stronghorn, then he’s not a mythic, but a legendary troop and yes, he’s in the event chests, people keep getting him. As well as Ketras (a mythic), but he’s an old mythic and not a new one.

Yup, that’s who I’m talking about. Thanks for the quick reply @Sheba.

What’s the color for tomorrow guild war ??

It’ll be blue by the looks of it.

As a compensation for this issue @Sirrian you guys should change all gnolls’s spells to manual targetting instead of random. I know you were probably holding this change until my birthday because that’s just how lovely you are mate, but really, it’ll be deeply appreciated in the same way. :smiley:

Anyway, hopefully things wii be sorted out and we’ll start this new year in Krystara in a proper way.

2 Likes

*Sighs, walks to the “Days since a routine game update breaks routine stable features” sign.*

*Switches the number from “1” to “0”.*

Hey man, I’m bitter too but this actually makes sense over holidays, particularly New Year’s.

My offices are split between three continents. From work it’s easy to touch all the servers I need. From home, so long as I’m on my laptop with all the VPN credentials, I can touch 90% of them 80% of the time. When I’m on vacation, say visiting family for the holidays, all bets are off. On shaky-ass rural internet I can barely do anything useful, and if I don’t have those VPN certificates I might not be able to log in at all. When I go on vacation, it’s vacation.

NYE/New Year is even worse. The devs that aren’t coming in stayed out until 3 AM getting wasted last night. You don’t want them touching GoW today. They’ll screw it up and do terrible things like “targeting with Elspeth removes all mythics from your account”.

Gripe about things that matter like this:

Are there automated tests to verify weekly reset functionality isn’t inadvertently broken? Why not?

How accurate is it if I guess “putting Pharos-Ra in Soulforge is what broke weekly resets”? That’d be some dangerous coupling. Maybe the QA process should think of those things.

Let me guess: the change-maker is a senior dev and thus exempt from normal QA? Being above the law means causing disasters.

These are Mickey Mouse Software Process 101 policies. Can you believe these people want $50+ for game features? How can I trust them to deliver in-game items?

3 Likes

Pharos-Ra went in chests twelve days ago, so this is the second reset since it happened. For once I think your pessimism is unwarranted. (Of course, Ra is still in chests, so the devs appear to have extended their offer or these things don’t automatically time out after a week.)

2 Likes

Not much to remove, in my case… :disappointed:

The problem is always the same: patches etc should be tested on test servers.

Good question, but in this case we are told that there was an exploit. So there was a bug and someone exploiting it, and it was no routine weekly change.

1 Like

The devs don’t need a white knight to save them. I’d rather them save themselves by not screwing up a weekly update for so long I forget the last time it happened.

What’s funny is every time I think, “You know, the game’s in a good state, I feel OK spending some money on it” I log on to find a “please understand” bug has happened. It gets really old and if I knew another match-3 I liked half as much I’d already be gone.

3 Likes

That would be good information for the “official news” post? Why is it that useful GoW information is spread across a network of random replies to random players?

Anyway, can we just say the devs dropped the ball on the New Year’s Rollover?

2 Likes

I thing we can safely say the devs dropped the ball ages ago and every time they try to pick it up, they fumble it.

(Nice pun :wink:)

2 Likes

Bedtime for me.

It’s new years day and I couldn’t really play but no stress from me so please don’t dismay.
At what some folks might say when they kick up a stink because they can’t play a game so today they must think.
Of something else to play and while away some time, instead of playing gow and to them that’s the crime.
So devs do your best whilst Ozzzy’s asleep, bring us good news sometime soon I believe.

Sorry, just thought it was OK for a couple of minutes.
Good luck fixing stuff.
NN

5 Likes

Just a small question. I am supposed to wait that devs fix the problem, or should I send a ticket because I haven’t receive my guild tasks rewards. Thank you and happy New year community.

It’s still showing from last week no one was able to do guild tasks yet.

1 Like

Thank you venus

1 Like

Please refer to this thread.

1 Like