Issue: Weekly Events not Resetting Correctly (Jan 1st 2018) FIXED

Can you please put any important updates in this thread, because the one you ask us to refer to above is just getting filled with general bitching, rather than useful information…

3 Likes

A fix is currently in testing and should hopefully be out shortly.

7 Likes

Thanks, but can you clarify “shortly”? Minutes? A couple of hours?

It’s 1am here in the UK and even I tend to go to bed around 2am…

1 Like

Will GW still happen this week? Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

It should be out within a day. We can’t provide anymore specifics in case something goes wrong and it doesn’t get sent or we need to make some more changes, etc!

GW and other events will still happen this week. For more info on the issue: https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/333757055375-Weekly-events-not-resetting-correctly-PVP-Guild-Wars-

Happy New Year! :confetti_ball:

edit: linked the wrong URL, changed.

1 Like

Great. hurry up and rush and wake up those that are asleep to level sentinels and set their teams!!!

To bad for a majority that can’t do this until tomorrow when it has already started

4 Likes

Yes, this seems very unfair for those of us who have to work tomorrow and can’t stay up all night waiting for a fix that may or may not repair the issue.

3 Likes

After a few tries, I’ve managed to get the GW schedule up long enough to see what colour is first in line (Blue) and set my PvP Defence Team to my “Blue Defence” Team as a bodge fix so, hopefully, that will work until I can get back into the game when I wake up tomorrow.

But, frankly, at this late stage, for everyone else, it would be fairer to suspend GW for a week.

1 Like

Yeah, this is a Messsss! Just cancel the week, shoot.

1 Like

If we are providing a fix for something it means the problem has generally been identified, we’ve fixed it, tested the resolution, and implemented into the game. The only case where it ‘may or may not be fixed’ are for weird bugs we don’t quite understand, in which case we’ll let you know. We’re quite sure what this problem was caused by. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What about the other part of the question?
What about all the people who have gone to sleep and who will be unable to set their defense teams and level their sentinels before GW starts?

2 Likes

its not the fix, it’s the principle of everyone elses lives to get all messed up, and schedule and rotations, Some wont even have time for this, as in today monday the reset days are usually the whole day/afternoon to get everything ready. its not fair that theyll wake up tomorrow rush everything all in and try to get the battles in.

1 Like

I would laugh my ass off and have to get emergency ass reattachment surgery if the compensation as discussed via the zendesk post is a troop literally named “TROOP_01_2017”. I don’t even care about the ability or traits. For some reason I decided that will make me laugh hard enough to forget everything else?

I think it’s this hibiscus saison I’m drinking but whatever!

3 Likes

Cancel GW this week please :wink: Lots of upset people otherwise I think…

1 Like

I think there also will be lots of upset people if they do cancel the Guild Wars, too.(Probably more) So it is rather an ethic dilemma.

6 Likes

Nobody loses if GW is cancelled for a week.

Some people will lose out if GW is not cancelled simply because they live in the “wrong” part of the world.

4 Likes

It will affect all others that does not live in the correct time zones that wants the Guild Wars as well as all night hawks that lives in Europe, that wants the GW. So its clearly an ethic dilemma which I stated above, no right or wrong answer for this.

3 Likes

Ethic wants people to be able to compete in equal conditions. If some are at a disadvantage, there can’t be any ethic dilemma.

6 Likes

What I am saying is that no matter what decision that is taken it will affect many players.
If the Devs decide to close down GW for the week, players that wants GW, will be upset.
If the Devs decide to not close down GW for the week, players that doesnt want GW, will be upset.
For me thats an ethic dilemma, because no matter what decision the devs take it will affect a majority of players, and there is no right or wrong in the decision they takes because each alternative might affect about the same amount of players.

I am fine with whichever alternative the Devs picks.

I am for canceling GW this week also. Too hard to get everything ready for a guild in that small of a timeframe

4 Likes