Is Totem Guardian not in gold chests, or did I get unlucky 24,000 times?

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
I expected to get Totem Guardian from 23/25 epics to fully mythic by spending about 24,000 gold keys. Instead I did not get a single base rare Totem Guardian. That card was released July 10, so it has been out way more than 4 weeks.

Has anyone gotten totem guardians? I want to know people are getting them before I waste thousands of glory keys chasing it. I’ve never seen a rare so difficult to get.

What are the steps to make it happen again?
spend 24,000 gold keys.

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!

1 Like

In just 100 glory keys I got a Totem Guardian. So yes I did get unlucky 24,000 times on the card. I had no problems getting the new rares to mythic.

2 Likes

But glory keys and gold keys are different tables. Your lack of pulling a rare in 24,000 gold chests could still be indication that it is not in gold chests, and it should be.

6 Likes

I hope they get gold keys fixed. You don’t even want to know how many thousands of glory keys I had to spend to make up for the error. :frowning:

1 Like

This isn’t even the first time this has happened where a chest was not in a drop pool it should have been. It would be nice if there was a way for the player to just know what is in chests at any given time. I know they don’t want to disclose drop rates, but I don’t think it is out of the question to have this information be readily available.

3 Likes

I think I can second this.

I’ve spend 20K gold chests today, and I believe I haven’t received the Totem Guardian. I might have overlooked it - but I was able to ascend other new-ish troops through 2 tiers, at least.
… While I don’t even remember Totem Guardian on the list (I didn’t check all of them - but checked a nice few as I was tracking the new cards progress)

2 Likes

I kind of don’t want to open chests until a dev confirms that Totem can be pulled from gold keys. I need a large amount of copies of that troop.

5 Likes

I think I also didn’t get any Totem from 20k gold chests :frowning:

1 Like

@PGSundling
Looks like they accidentally removed Totem Guardian from the Gold chest pool by mistake with the 3.2 update. I reported this till it was added in mid September.

One more thing the reason why many of you are short so many Totem Guardians is it was never in the chest list for such a long time.

1 Like

Wow…I wonder how many more bugs we’ll discover about this update?

I’m not spending any keys until we get a Dev response.

2 Likes

I’d expect to wait 7 to 9 hours. It’s 1 AM currently in Melbourne.

1 Like

Yup, I know the time difference. I can wait. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was lucky to mythic Totem last week in Gold Keys I got 7 extras from gold keys so not a lot but I did get to mythic Warhawk the common from Leonis Empire.

733AE9C6-53E0-415A-8924-87FCCFCED97F

A1F2F826-E3FB-4FD7-B0AD-449E310B10D1

Fished out a Totem right now. So it should be in the chest.

1 Like

From a Gold chest? We also had someone pull one but they were pulling from Glory chests instead.

4 Likes

I think it was from a Glory chest, yes :frowning:

1 Like

I don’t think so, your screenshot just barely shows a Warg on the right, that is an Ultra-Rare troop. NEVER in Gold Chests. Therefore those were not Gold Keys.

1 Like

Unfortunately, he still could be right. That looks to me like a screenshot from the Troops menu after you filter “Maugrim Woods”

2 Likes

According to gowdb.com I’ve 71 troops with base rarity Rare.

After opening 1000 gold chests, there were only 6 of them I hadn’t got at least one new copy of.

After opening another 500 gold chests (1500 in total), there was only 1 troop I hadn’t got a single copy of: Totem Guardian!

I guess I save the rest of my gold keys until the devs have taken some action.

(I did open over 2k gold chests without getting a single Totem Guardian, but I only did the test towards all my Rare base troops with the last 1500 of them.)

4 Likes

Well I just realized that it has now become Saturday in Australia… I didn’t think this one through.

Still going to ping @Saltypatra and @Ozball so that they see this thread.