Is Totem Guardian not in gold chests, or did I get unlucky 24,000 times?

Right you are the uncropped picture

1 Like

Ops, My bad. I initially thought that “proof” screenshot of Totem Guardian was an actual real chest opening, not a grab of the troop roster. It could have been screen shot a ham sandwich if that’s the case, and ham sandwiches make a nice lunch.

Has anyone with code access confirmed that Totem Guardian is in gold chests? Or, has anyone received a Totem Guardian from gold (not glory!) chests?

As long as I am waiting for the 3.2 hotfix before updating, I may as well wait until it’s confirmed that my gold keys can get me one of the few common/rare troops that isn’t already mythic.

1 Like

I opened ~5,000 gold chests Friday and didn’t get a single Totem from gold chests. (I got some from glory chests however.)

2 Likes

I opened 13,000 gold keys earlier and failed to get a single Totem… !!

1 Like

Really hoping this gets looked at asap. I have a small mountain of keys burning a hole in my pocket!

2 Likes

It’s Monday morning there. Maybe @Saltypatra or @Ozball could get back to us now.

3 Likes

If we don’t get it today, hopefully we get it this week. That way I know how many event keys I need to spend.

1 Like

i opened 15k of gold chests and no totem guardian (last week)

Can anyone confirm if Totem Guardian is in the gold chests?

Kinda disappointed to see no word on this yet. I wouldn’t think it would be that hard to query the database that controls Gold chest drops and add one missing troop (if needed).

I’m assuming this is a server-side issue and not a client-side one, but if that isn’t the case please at least tell us.

2 Likes

They won’t. It’s not the first time chest drops were proven incorrect, past handling was to eventually ninja-fix it and pretend it never happened. I guess I understand their stance on this, players would shout for compensation if they officially admitted drop tables had contained errors. I still wish there was some way to let us know whenever such issues got fixed.

I guess I am saving my gold keys for Shentang, then. If they aren’t going to state that Totem Guardian is in gold chests like it’s supposed to be, it’s hardly worth spending my current supply.

1 Like

This. With all the massively negative feedback about the update, this strikes me as low-hanging fruit for an easy win.

1 Like

it probably just got lost in the sea of 3.2 complaints and 3.2 “quick bug fixes”

1 Like

I just opened chests to see if this was stealth added. Appears we still have no luck.

Disclaimer: I only used 1000 gold keys, but I got at least 1 copy for 65/71 rare troops. It’s not 100% conclusive, but still points toward the common narrative.

4 Likes

When I did my test 3 days ago, I also got 65/71 after 1000 gold keys. After another 500 it was up to 70/71.

You can also add in another 500 gold chests from me today with no Totem Guardian success.

3 Likes

I guess we just need to keep the thread alive until they ninja fix it.

2 Likes

Yup.

Could we pretty please get a response to this? I’ll share cookies.

3 Likes

Can someone please explain to me why they even have this 1-month wait for new troops to show in chests? Seems to me to be totally unnecessary and just one more thing to go wrong. I mean new kingdom troops go straight in so why not new weekly troops?