Drop rates stink

I have spoken to a bunch of people about this and they feel the same, it seems as if the drop rates on things have went to crap since they have introduced all the many different money tabs.But of course this will be dismissed as players being upset with there bad rng:example person from guild used 22k guild keys 40k glory keys no new mythic and as I said this will be dismissed as bad Rng.

~3 months ago i used 40k guild seals, 2000 gem keys, 4000 glory keys, AND 250k glory without pulling the mythic, so yea, bad rng happens before AND after the update.

I assume you meant 22k seals, since 22k KEYS would be an insane amount to hoard. 40k glory keys would also be a crazy amount to go through without seeing the mythic, but they are 1 in 10,000 to start with, so possible, just quite unlikely. Hope they manage to get it at some point this week!

I’ve seen plenty of people pulling the new mythic, so overall, the rates seem fine. Got my 2 copies pretty easily this month as well. People tend to forget the good rng when it happens and focus on the times it takes WAY longer than expected.

7 Likes

Sorry for the above person’s rude and dismissive reply. He posts in other threads in a similar fashion. What I know is that a lot depends on your player level. Once you are above Level 1300 and have a certain number of mythics (some say around 20), it becomes much harder to pull any new mythic from a chest. It also varies from month to month. Sometimes a person can in fact use an insane amount of keys without getting anything. But to my knowledge the game has always been like this, not sure if it has gotten worse.

Well atleast that person was right and not spreading false info like you lol. Player level doesnt matter ever and the new mythic is the only one available so why would it matter how many of the others you have? People need to quit correcting correct people just to join the echo chamber wtf

2 Likes

It cost me 50k glory and 32k seals.

2 months ago. I spent 330k glory and didn’t get mythic.

But it’s just rng.

In the past , iv had it of 7k glory.

1 Like

Can you tell me how to obtain the evolution of Zuulgrock i have alreay 7 Splocks . So im eager for your insight.

1 Like

I guess you are the same guy that makes unpopular comments in videos on Youtube? Heard about you…anyway the person did not say they were just talking about the new monthly mythic…I assume he meant pulling any new mythic from a chest. And yes it is general knowledge that newer players on around level 900 - 1000 pull a lot of new mythics but after level 1300 or so it becomes near impossible…many older players have told me this. But I guess since your living depends on the game you do not want to paint a bleak picture.

OP is correct. I have spent 200 VIP keys, gem chest and event chest and yes since all these new updates I haven’t received one mythic. Before opening up those chest was almost always a guaranteed mythic but not anymore.

1 Like

Devs just can’t give away good stuff when they are expecting you to purchase it from all the new pay to get money tabs.

We’ll if you say so it has to be true lol

We always have these topics.

I don’t think I’ve ever had to spend as much as I did this time, but other people with similar levels and collections didn’t have the same trouble.

It surely feels easier to get something when you’re brand new but I’m not sure if that isn’t bias.

If you have 20 troops in total, getting new things from keys is more likely than if you have 1000. So you may not notice it as much if you don’t get the new mythic because there’s other exciting stuff in there.

3 Likes

This ^

If you feel things are rigged, do some data collection. Use results from a bunch of different people over time. Confirmation bias is real.

This is not at all “general knowledge,” nor is there substantial evidence of the claim being true. We are all allowed our own opinions, of course, but be careful claiming something is “general knowledge” when in fact there is no conclusive data behind it aside what you’ve heard.

This applies to the real world too. We (myself included) tend to accept what people in our circles say as fact. Verifying information is incredibly important :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

This. This. And one more time this.
Feeling without numbers is just a feeling and feelings are fickle.

For example, I only open keys for new mythic releases
Yup, looks lucky so far, undoubtedly the day will come when it takes a lot more than expected average (especially, as I’m 2000+ with a VIP levels that, according to some generally known facts, means things come particularly expensive for people like me).

Maybe because new players don’t own many, if at all, mythics yet and almost anything they pull is a new troop?
Simple common sense says that somebody who owns 1/100 troops is more likely to pull an unowned, compared to somebody who owns 99/100 troops. People with 100/100 owned could open keys until cows come home and - guess what? - no new troops will drop for them.

For entertainment’s sake, unless one can show data comparing range of below-1300/above-1300 players owning the exact same number of mythics before key opening…I’d rather not say the word as I already got a forum warning for calling things (in a roundabout manner) by their name.

5 Likes

Great data! I haven’t bothered to track my pulls, so it’s neat to see some actual numbers.

Also worth noting that newer player are more likely to notice/care when they get a Mythic and let their buddies know about it as opposed to a more experienced player. And that more experienced players are more likely to spend a bunch of keys trying to target a specific Mythic, noticing when it’s taking longer than usual, as opposed to a newer player who either doesn’t target specific Mythics or doesn’t spend a lot of keys in one go.

Basically, lots of factors that can affect perception of drop rates other than there actually being a coded difference.

2 Likes

Do you mean that if you are on a higher VIP level then you are automatically expected to spend more?

Also what are the points in your chart?

its probably 1 for glory chest, 10 (or 11 i forget) for gem chests etc.since you can see the drop rates of the chest in game they probably assigned .01% = 1 point

1 Like

I pulled 3 copies of this new mythic using an embarrassingly small amount of keys. Sorry for hogging the good luck! Meanwhile that stupid Virago mythic cost me an obscene amount of keys.

My consistent experience the entire time I have been playing GoW has been …I occasionally have to spend a crazy amount of keys to get the new mythic, I occasionally get it stupid cheap (my record low price has been 50 glory keys), many times I have to spend a significantly high but not crazy amount of keys, and many times I get them relatively (but not stupid) cheap. Random gonna random. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I have an alt account, level 1418, and just got her for 200 glory keys.

2 Likes

Now THAT was some good luck, you beat a statistically 2% chance.

1 Like

On the same account, some months back, I got the new mythic for 2 VIP keys.

It’s rare but sometimes there are really lucky pulls.

1 Like