[Investigating] No Defense score added to GW

I am also joining the petition of freezing the bracket and reimbursing the resources. Some of us devote a great amount of time to Guild War. For many of us, it’s the most important mode in the entire game. This has been so disappointing and frustrating, but you have an opportunity to make things right. I really hope the team will do the right thing here. I am a GM, and I play in B1/B2. I play TWO accounts so that I can continue to run my guild while participating in high bracket war. The last thing we need is unfair war and more valuable players leaving the game due to all the bugs. Please make this situation right for us.

10 Likes

what i can’t understand are the posts of the B1 or close players, where they are emotionaly demands to refund their gems spent on sentinels
guys, most of you have these 340 max gems in 2 days by just getting tributes easily, it’s one 4+ tier in any event shop
can’t you ask for more valuable compensation for your nerves?

The worst part is that the new content should have had absolutely no impact on Guild Wars. None whatsoever, and especially not defense scores. Yet this random bug pops up anyway. It’s not even the usual lack of QA testing (because there are bugs aplenty in the new content). It’s shoddy broken coding that allows changes in one area to flow into some completely unrelated place.

This is happening more and more. I’m sick of coming in here every freaking week because of encountering YET ANOTHER stupid avoidable sloppy bug only to see the devs are “investigating” - and the bugs from the previous weeks & months are still there.

It’s so disappointing and disheartening. I’ve never seen it this bad and frankly the developers doing a terrible job communicating to the players only makes it worse. And now it’s screwing Guild Wars, the one thing many high-level and high-paying players care about.

What a complete s**t show.

4 Likes

It wasn’t a bad suggestion at all.
On my phone I saw the 0/0 even before the day started, on pc I haven’t seen it but still got bugged and lost the def bonus.

Since you were lazy again, and of course reused GW code in journey and counting actions instead of turns (text still not fixed as I know) it is obvious that journey is the culprit.
I suspect the defense bonus calculation is switched of after the first GW battle, and due to code reuse after the first journey battle as well.

2 Likes

Same happened to me - I am playing on iOS

This may just be a waste of time but…
I have not gotten the bug (yet). I also have’nt seen the 0/0, but that has already been ruled out.
However, I also did not change my defense teams from last GW. I DID have to make sure each day matched the appropraite defense, but I did not go into the teams themselves & change anything. So my question is:
Those of you who got the bug, did you change troops in your defense teams, even if it was only one team???

This makes a lot of sense. I would suggest anyone testing for a workaround focus on this as well - basically, the suggestion is to avoid doing the Journey event until after you have played your GW battles daily. This might be the key.

i tried sending in a support ticket in on this bug showing red day and green day both days i got hit with the bug so far lost 2k points on both days but support ticket would not allow me to add screenshots of the bug days so i’m doing it here

plus one day i did see the 0/0 show up then i played red day got the bug did my yellow day no bug and on green day 0//0 did not show up but still got hit with the bug . plus i have not changed my defense teams from day to day , they are same 24 unique troops i put in place on Monday, now i see this in my score

I didn’t change anythIng on defense other than moving the days around and got the bug. 7k score on a very good 5-0 day. Spent a while trying to figure out what I did wrong before seeing other people complaining about the same thing.

@ HounganAtLarge No I used the same teams as last time. I did what you did and just changed them to the proper color of the day, but didn’t go into or edit any team, and I have the bug.

@ OneWorld I haven’t done Journey Event since Monday morning when it was 1st released and I have the Guild War bug.

I play on pc, but can try playing on Android phone tomorrow and see what happens. Don’t really think it’ll make a difference, but I’ll try.

Thanks for the update. It was worth a shot. :+1:

1 Like

OK. thanks for the replies guys. I did’nt think that was it, but what the hell, I thought I’d give it a shot.

1 Like

Oh, come on, its just game bug, not an armageddon. Less overwhelming anger from players will be a great thing.

And, surely, more attention and responsibility from devs is needed too. You provide a product for thousands of players. GW is an essential part of the game, and theres a critical bug in it, and it has been known from the tuesday. And no reaction for many days, and then holding it over cause of weekend - its nonproffecional. Its like to install a pipe on monday, in tuesday this pipe succesfully flowed, than no call answers till the end of the working week and than this one “we will discuss it on monday”. Where the duty programmer that could solve such a thing in an hours or a couple of days at least? Strange attitude.

2 Likes

I played 3 days in a row today. (Red to Green)
First 2 days no bug, last day bugged.
Didn’t do anything on main menu etc. other than changing medals between battles.
Also did not play any Journey or anything that triggers Battlecrasher etc. before starting GWs
No 0/0 on results page.

I haven’t started any journey battles at all, didn’t alter my defence teams just moved them to the correct day and I have the bug on my main account. I’ve done the exact same with my alt and I’m yet to encounter the bug there.

First time I have been affected.
Played the same as every other day (using same menus etc)
Windows 10 PC
GoW v6.0.0r30932

Huge problems here also!
Another day, another F-up!

1 Like

We are trying to figure out why almost all of our top GW players are affected by this bug except our GM. So far the only difference we have noticed is, that she only bought two shop tiers for the journey and has played the event less than others… Most likely that has nothing to do with this, but no other difference have been found yet…

In my guild we all bought minimum tier 4 and have used the sigils so it can’t be related to that. Half of my guild has had the defense score bug, the rest aren’t affected… yet…

1 Like