How to constantly get 1500 gold opponents in PvP?

Hi there, I left my guild and joined some super casual guild. During that time I had weak defence team (single Elspeth). Guess what? I was being spammed with 1500+ base gold opponents and even more! 2000+ base gold opponents! 65 PvP points! Awesome!

I had pretty much good time fighting those teams, which encouraged me to return to game (I dropped the game before). But when I joined my old guild this suddenly stopped! The game again spams me with weak 800-1000 base gold options! Wtf?
I tried to change my team to even more weaker team, tried resorting to stronger teams - no effect. Very rare 1500 teams and 2000 teams are no more present.
Seriously I’m tired of these weak teams. Feels like no challenge.

If there is a question in there, then answer to getting 60+ PvP points and 1,500+ Gold per match is in your post… unfortunately it is the only option available at present.

The developers have indicated that they will be reexamining the PvP point system sometime after Guild Wars.

3 Likes

Basically, being in any guild will boost your masteries (and possibly some troop stats). The increased masteries then figure into your teamscore and thus the difference between the top-end teams and your team in score reduces.
And that difference determines both gold earned and pvp points earned.
Some guilds will boost those masteries and stats more than others.

Perhaps the increase to teamscore from masteries shouldn’t be linear, as the difference between a 50% and 60% chance on a surge is less than between 10% and 20%, and masteries don’t convert to chance in a linear way anyways.

3 Likes

Gold per match isn’t really relevant. With the attribute and mastery bonuses you can do two 800 gold matches in the same it might take to do one 1500 gold match.

1 Like

I had the opposite was running a one troop defense and only getting 8-900g a battle switched to a high team power around 9400 and now 3 trophy battle is always between 1000-1500g

I almost always have a 2000+ gold / >60pt as the 3 trophy option in pvp. I’m a level 700, but in a small guild. I would guess the bonuses you achieve in one of the bigger more active guilds will give much greater rewards than the extra gold I get per match. But if you want to try it out, you’re all welcome to join Chocoholics Unite and see for yourself!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are correct. The highest I ever get is 1300 and most of the time it’s 800-900. And I take in well over a million gold a week

1 Like