Honour Trading Needs Attention

I personally think we could have the best of both those worlds, since I don’t think they’re really (that directly) related. Abuse etc. is moderated by the Reporting function (and Honor can bring you back from that, but that wouldn’t be an example of Honor preventing abuse, anyway).

Many people (not me, really, but from reading threads on honor) were unsure as to the benefits to be gained from the honor system. Devs stated it was to reward people who were helpful or had a positive influence in the community, etc. (there may be more) and as such they wanted honor to be given for the ‘right’ reasons.

‘Trading’ honor isn’t believed to be ‘right’ by many people, bringing doubt to the above response, and leading those people to question whether or not the Devs thought trading was, in fact, one of the ‘right’ behaviours.

Amidst this, one of the points brought up was a negative impact - flooding (perhaps exaggerated, although I think @Thevc is on Xbox, so I don’t know) of chat by people asking to trade honor - something people don’t think is in fact honorable or brings a positive change to the community.

If part of the positive impact has been brought into question, and there’s still a lingering negative, I can understand why some would have a negative view of the honor system.

I just think it needs a little love, personally, but has promise.

3 Likes

@Fleg. I agree with a designated trade channel. 69 sounds fair enough to me lol. I give honour to the monocolour teams who accelerate the PvP weekly event for green troops, but I will never trade. Share the love according to the opponents and battles you face. Don’t share honour by rimming each other.

1 Like

A simple report button without honor would have solved this issue. Now I never go to global because it’s just a swap meet or an area for people to panhandle. Having no rewards attached to honor would have helped the spam issue as well, but I guess you guys are happy with it.

A designated channel for recruitment posts would make much more sense but don’t think this will ever happen :frowning_face:

People can clutter up global chat Honour whoring forever if we ever got this.
I can dream :laughing: