Hey devs, I have a million dollar idea that I will sell you for 2 million. Hear me out and look inside

It’s a delve +. It’s a weekly event, that you can have 3 tries in. You pick whichever delve you would like to try. Once teams are set, it’s done. No potions. Just your best team, vs them. You complete them like a regular delve, however, your team stats roll room to room with you, no healing after fight. How deep and how long you survive is totally on you. The rooms would be progressively harder like tower of doom. Thank you and come again. I’ll take my oversized check on the way out.

2 Likes

I assume when you say “no healing after fight,” that the inverse is also true; if you gain stats during a fight, those increased stats also remain? This does sound like a fun game mode, sort of like an “ironman” challenge in old roguelikes where once you enter the dungeon you can’t return to town until you win or die. A fun twist for teambuilding also, and some strategic choices for which rooms to fight or pass on (deathmark or other instant-kill mechanics could be quite a bother). You’d have to do something different with the affixes granted by each room though (or maybe not!) having a dozen cedric boosts by level 500 all stacked up would be quite entertaining :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Devouring troops would have a party.

1 Like

We were talking about something like this awhile back. A mode similar to Slay the Spire.

This is far too creative for their talents though and more than one person would like it so…

Even this Halloween event… I’ve played several games where they had community events like raid boss. Only the entire player base would fight battles and that damage was calculated and pooled. The rewards were set in tiers according to the cumulative damage done. A nice way to get the players together. They could have had that weapon as the top tier prize. Earn it together.

This game desperately needs a new creative director. Even these world events, which “they moved to, to allow more creativity” are boring and stagnant.

1 Like

I think they need to fix the existing delves first, they need to help the players to buy potion outside of the regular Faction Assault.

This idea has come up a few times over the years. I think the first time someone suggested this was before delves even came out.

1 Like

Another delve? $0