[HELP] Troop Questions and More

Maybe, but don’t be afraid to give it a try. You don’t lose anything except your time if you don’t win.

Well, Warlord IV doesn’t even unlock for me until I’ve reached a certain level. I’m playing at the highest level I can, literally, with Warlord I.

@UKresistance almost advised my Original Blue team;

Shadow-Hunter
Behemoth
Valkyrie
Druid

Now I know you don’t have these Troops but there is a certain team-building philosophy here that is worth mentioning.

When you use a transformer that uses 2 colors and makes a different third color, you try and fill the other three spots with the transformed colour and one of the remaining unused colors.

The third position is also statistically the “safest” and is where you should place your key Troop, like a mana transformer/generator

1 Like

Do you have replacement suggestions for Shadow Hunter and Behemoth? Because, right now, all I have working for me is:

Abhorath
Valkyrie
Giant Spider
Tyri

It’s not ideal.

Tyri has one of the highest Attacks so she CAN be used up front, but that wastes her support role of mana denial, so she’s what I call a “contradictory Troop” and use her strictly to farm Maps.

As for replacements… I’ll check my book, give me a little bit. Which Legendaries do you have?

1 Like

Thank you for doing this for me!

Legendaries:

Abhorath – lv 12, no stats
Carnex – lv 1, no stats
Crimson Bat – lv 8, no stats
Gar’Nok – lv 1, no stats
Gorgotha – lv 5, no stats
The Dragon Soul – lv 1, no stats
The Silent One – lv 1, no stats

Do you have Astral Spirit or Wolf Knight? You can build a decent True Damage team around Crimson Bat.

Abhorath
Valkyrie
Crimson Bat
Wolf Knight
Lion Banner (Blue +2/Yellow, Green-1) recommended, but Sword Banner (Yellow/Blue) or Banner of Progress (Red/Yellow) can work

Abhorath tanks, Valkyrie fills Abhorath (to keep self-healing and increasing Attack) and Crimson Bat (True Damage to all) and Wolf Knight “snipes” the weakened Troops (once Crimson Bat fires Wolf Knight’s bonus damage applies to all enemies).

2 Likes

I’ve got both Astral Spirit and Wolf Knight (neither leveled or statted). Which line-up do you suggest, since I have both of the ones you asked about?

1 Like

Astral Spirit is Yellow/Blue so I decided she would wouldn’t fill often, or at all. Wolf Knight has his Brown Mana unblocked so he can still fill from a cascade if you aren’t matching it yourself.

Abhorath
Valkyrie
Crimson Bat
Wolf Knight

Is the lineup I’d use. You do not utilize Green, so make that your first color to look at for transforming and only fire Abhorath off if he needs to heal so you don’t block Blue from Crimson Bat unnecessarily

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll try this line-up! :smile:

Update:

Abhorath isn’t tanking so well. :expressionless: I’m trying to work on a quest line in Khetar, but it’s a bit of an uphill slog, so far. He’s getting his butt whupped!

Also note that you can do normal difficulty explores (using valkyrie) without finishing the challenges. That and Arena are the most logical spots to grind for souls to level your main team(s) right now.

I fully agree with Talia’s suggested team.

For the longer run, if/once you have Gorgotha fully traited, you have the best tank in the game. For that reason I would focus your explores in Drifting Sands, when you do them.

Your gold should go to levelling Karakoth, Darkstone, Blighted Lands and Zhul’kari to ten, for the extra Magic stat. And I would advise continuing till you have at least all the attack and life kingdoms levelled to ten as well.

1 Like

This is super helpful! I’ll follow your advice. Thank you! :blush:

If you are this early in the game and finding you are losing on Warlord IV you simply have to ditch it. Even if you do win you are being slowed down. Go with Hard and win twice or trice as quick.

Now you don’t need a tank; an easy to acquire troop (broken spire questline) that you can put up top is Luther. Add in Druid and all you need then is a skull generator but you can make do without.

1 Like

I can’t play on Warlord IV until I’m much higher in level. I can only play on Warlord I and it’s a bit of a struggle, but it’s not impossible. The returns might be better? Numbers aren’t my friends–which is why I’m asking for help. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the advice! I’ll certainly take it into account!

Personally I think you should go with the hard difficulty. You even said Warlord I is a little bit of a struggle; if you are farming you want to be going into a kingdom questline to pillage.

Luther (1 trait)
Valkyrie (3 traits)
Druid (3 traits)

All those characters and traits are easy to obtain.

2 Likes

for farming i would say easy or hard mode,
-the faster you do one game the more traitstones u will get per time spent and that is also a worthy factor, not the souls alone (while the souls per time you should also reconsider)
id only try to do harder difficulties while unlocking the chellenges of high stars the first time for the extra souls to be scaled better (but that is worth to unlock with a proper armor)

2 Likes

How’s everything lately @Vriska?

Remember, always come to us for advice. More than happy to assist.

Best low-level team by far, at least IMO, is Valkyrie / Alchemist / Banshee / Boar Rider. All easy troops to get, and assuming the enemy doesn’t get a lucky turn and kills one, you can just transform over and over. Boar rider comes in handy to set up the next transform if you don’t have any available. The other team usually doesn’t even get a turn after the first one or two.

Plus you get extra gold from Alchemist (especially if you can buy his first trait) and of course souls from Valkyrie.

Infinite turns will beat any difficulty and troop combo*. That team got me through a good chunk of the early game.

*aside from obnoxious combo breakers like fully traited Bone Dragon or Gloom Leaf

Were they long and boring matches?

Of course. But winning one long and boring match is better than losing ten quick matches.