Have pet gnomes been nerfed?

I have a question about queued gnomes. I assume it’s very unlikely but if there’s an active pet rescue and 2 people find pet gnomes, that means that either one person will miss out on an entire pet rescue due to having to stay in that battle, or they will just kill the gnome and hope to find another in the following hour. Is this the case or is it somehow possible to login elsewhere while you have an active battle?

While it is technically possible to open game on another device it will result in a loss on the first device - once you finish your battle, you’ll get ‘out of sync with server’ message and the game will fully reload.

A guildmate found it out the hard way by collecting tribute on mobile while in the middle of a GW match on a PC.

2 Likes

Until the most recent update, pets were a major issue for many in terms of progress. But now, the additional factors seem to surpass that. Imperial deeds seem now to be the roadblock and its very clear that the heavy players are being brought to a standstill by design.

I understand rng steaks and my incorrect perception of rates. However, I find it a curious coincidence that the forums contain a thread on my unsupported feeling that pet gnomes are either on vacation or socially distancing themselves recently.

Hope they return soon.

1 Like

Hi @blindnighto

Hopefully I can clear this up for you. This is how our Guild does it:

Riz defeats a pet gnome, he alerts the guilds to the pet rescue on discord
@GotO Tanglebush 59mins’
Everyone goes and rescues the pet
Riz returns to pvp after completing the 8 battles and looks for pet gnomes
Hawx returns to pvp after completing the 8 battles and looks for pet gnomes
Hawx gets a pet gnome, she alerts the guild in chat:
‘I have a pet gnome ready for when Tanglebush ends’
(Remember Hawx already rescued Tanglebush before coming back to pvp so she isnt missing out)
Tanglebush ends, a guildmate posts ‘Pet rescue ended, you can go now Hawx’
Hawx defeats the pet gnome and so the cycle continues.

Basically as soon as a pet rescue triggers, we all go rescue the pet and then return to pvp to gnome hunt so nobody ever misses out on a current pet rescue before heading back to pvp. Communication is the key here. It sounds a little complicated but i assure you its quite simple and effective

3 Likes

That’s how we do it in our guild. However, my question was (using your example) if both Hawx and Riz were to find a pet gnome at essentially the same time while a pet rescue is active, i.e. by the time Hawx mentions they found a pet gnome, Riz just started a battle that has yet another pet gnome. As they both completed the current run, they don’t miss anything. But either Riz would hold their pet gnome and miss out on the pet rescue triggered by Hawx’s gnome, or Riz would “sacrifice” their gnome, do Hawk’s triggered rescue and then head back to the hunt.

Again, it seems like an extremely unlikely situation, but was curious if anyone has encountered it.

Yes, it can happen. I’ve seen it a couple of times. No real solution that I know of.

@TheCuillin the devs have said a number of times that they don’t build for speed. Their vision seems to be one of slow, thoughtful play where even the top players never unlock 100% of the game. Personally I don’t really mind that: so long as I can get the important stuff (main frustration there being the elusive Rope Dart) I don’t care particularly about getting everything. But I think this game is not well suited to completionists as the devs will just keep releasing new stuff and making the top bar ever harder to reach.

We talked about it yesterday in my guild, that none if us meet any Pet Gnomes in pvp or arena. And we used to trigger at least a couple of Pet Rescues each day.

So something is definitely wrong. But I am also sure the devs will say all is working as intended :confused:

I agree with you. Endgame is an illusion but those who have the time and resources to contest this (hang on, none of these guys clearly do a day of work) continue to force the devs to produce stuff that they know is bad for the game. All day players have wrecked enjoyment for most of us. These guys need national service, a dog, or anything to bring their addiction into focus