GW defence set but not 1 fight

Hi. Just a quick thought on guild wars defences. Monday, we plan and set our teams and Tuesday it’s game on. Clearly, the rankings within the wars framework (soldier up to paragon) are a major factor when considering the number of times your opponent is likely to face your team. However, in my opinion your defence should be tested every day with an even balance. Yesterday my soldier had 8 fights and yet today he hasn’t had one. As it happens, I’ve set one of my strongest defences to face a rival guild and it’s all seeming slightly pointless. There are 14 soldiers so each of us should be having 2 defence fights randomly selected with the remaining 2 being randomly allocated. The same applies to higher ranks. If I knew I was going to have 2 fights then my defence choice would be justified but currently the allocation of battles means there is no true reflection of the guild defence strategy in real terms. It wouldn’t be difficult to implement such an algorithm that creates greater overall guild defence selection whilst providing of course much needed feedback on how you fared. I have delayed my battles all day because I need to change class for my attack but it seems I needn’t have bothered. Every defence should be tested twice or maybe 3 times per day for soldier and even distribution should follow in the higher ranks also to give a fair reflection of overall guild performance. Any thoughts?

In 2 days my defs got a grand total of 0 fights too, being a lowly soldier is a tough life hehe (today even had the so loved DE team too ._.).

Exactly. My eye was ready to rock. But Nada. Feels such a waste.

Maybe your opponent guild was taking it slow and saved up fights for the rest of the week?

Last GW I had 0 defence battles on days 4, 5 and 6!

It’s random, and like everything else random in this game is extremely streaky. But yeah, it should try to even out defense so soldiers have at least one defense daily.

No I check our and enemy progress on the attack screen regularly. It’s not that the opponent was playing late. They just so happened not to draw me as their opponent. RNG should be for the extra 2 fights; not the entire shebang.