Guildmate got banned mistakenly?

How did you know? Are you doing QA for them in real life?

Thanks Kafka for explanation re:cheating. Though I can also see that using unbranded gadgets made in China can be categorized as “unfair advantage”. The ban is for the “unfair advantage”, but people continue to explain about cheating.

Thanks for the explanation
For your last point:

I understand it by “If the auto-detection thinks someone cheats, and both two reviewers also think it is cheating, then the player will get banned”. I wonder what if both anti-cheat and manual review go wrong. Otherwise, the bans will be 100% accurate

FYI, let me use @Saltypatra’s explanation in a related topic

“quite rare” = banning someone by mistake is rare, but it happens. Do I understand correctly?

yes it happens

Of course, they can be wrong too.

I think the general law in life is to never say never about anything.

Since we implemented all those factors though, we haven’t had to unban anyone due to a mistake:

We have auto hack detection in addition to every ban going past at least 2 staff members, as well as strict banning guidelines AND if there is any doubt as to whether someone is cheating or not - we don’t ban

3 Likes

I’m a little confused here. This player was banned and then unbanned. So based on your earlier explanation, it is either: A) Dev banned her by mistake and had to un-ban her due to mistake, or B) she cheated but Dev think 20k trophies a week wasn’t severe cheating. There doesn’t seem to be another way to interpret it.

@Lily there could be any number of reasons factoring into this.
Just because 20K trophies were earnt in a week doesn’t mean they were all gotten through cheating for example. I cannot discuss any individual cases, and we don’t detail cheating at all as we don’t want anyone trying to game the system more than they already are by cheating at all.

2 Likes

can we get the ‘‘explanation’’ of what is a ‘‘unfair advantage’’ cause this just sound a like a way of saying i dont give an f im just doing my job and give give you an answer or show you the proof

1 Like

I thought Kafka was pretty clear that they do not go into details about instances that happened both for privacy concerns and to avoid people gaming the system. If people know the exact details it only makes it easier to avoid detection measures or gain an edge in other ways. They do not have to give any answers or show proof on the subject. I guess they have measures in place and they are pretty confident if you trigger one and end up with a temporary or permanent ban it was rightfully earned but that’s about all they probably should or will ever tell us.

6 Likes

If you have 4 hoard mimic troops and put that as your Def can you get banned for showing off. Asking for a friend. :joy::joy::joy:

you clearly didnt read the conversation

even if its gem of war their a summited to nintendo rules wich is to be fair to everyone and i think its normal for us to know to know what an ‘‘unfair adventage’’
its just a bourgeois way to say cheeter or its really an unfair afventage so what is the definition ? you played too much, you had alt account and sended gems with curse gnomes to your main account ?

So according to what was said in the conversation which I read but maybe you skipped through. Exact details of what constitutes cheating will not be explained in any detail and if you have gotten a ban it was for cheating so probably you are correct in thinking unfair advantage means cheating as that is what their statements imply as they got a ban for an unfair advantage and cheating is the reason they hand out bans. (though they may also ban for severe abuse of community guidelines)

So basically what my last response said except also with the relevant parts of the conversation showing that is their stance. Keep in mind IP2 is a private corporation. Although you may play on it invest into an account both time and money the platform is still theirs to mandate and control as they see fit and they retain all ownership rights to your account. So long as they do not break any laws as to selling things to customers the rest is theirs to deal with as they wish. Handing out bans is to be done at their discretion. What information they give to players is their discretion so long as it doesn’t break consumer laws.
They have auto hack detection bans are passed by at least 2 actual people and they never ban if they are not certain and that is as much as they have or will tell us because of the policy of them not detailing cheating.

1 Like

“modification to the game or gameplay that is not available as part of the default game”

ahhh finally a clear answer. so basicaly just a fancy way to say you cheated

also thanks for all the details on the website. i didnt even knew some of those hacks were even a thing

thats all i wanted to know