Guild Wars - Sneak Peek VI

How about just not have the bonuses and put everybody on a level playing field?

Oh wait, that’s actually the OPPOSITE of what they’ve turned this game into.

1 Like

Yeah, honestly, if a guild pulls off a rank 1 in a week…the dev team can keep their 50k gold. That’s literally a drop in the bucket. I’d rather get 1 gem than 50k gold.

3 Likes

More than 15 hours a week. I play more than 15 hours a week and usually don’t finish in the top 5000.

4 Likes

Lots of assumptions that the top guild will ALWAYS win. Its possible that a mid tier guild of 30 active players can get the most points. If battle award points are structured that way.

Do we know the exact formula for points gained when a ‘lower’ player attacks a ‘higher’ value one in a battle. Sorry if this was already covered, Too many threads to review… is there a post battle Guild wars point handicap/multiplier system?

1 Like

50k gold across 30 members is 1.5M gold. You take the 1 gem, I’ll take the 1.5 legendary tasks.

5 Likes

I’d be pretty unhappy if you could bring some extra chess pieces to a chess match by paying an extra fee, sort of spoils the competitiveness. I’d rather see that prohibitive fee put to some other use, like increasing the total prize pool and the share you are going to get.

1 Like

If you’re wanting to find out objectively who the best chess player is, let’s let one side buy some extra moves and see how it plays out?

I’m not worried about the cost so much as I see it as just another way to throw a bucket of bonuses into the match. The power CREEP in this game has become a tidal wave of attribute spam.

True, I was basing it off quick math. We had a guild member just about hit top 50 and at a rate of 1 trophy per minute (which could be done faster) and assuming no explores or treasure maps or anything but PVP is played…that’s almost 28 hours in a week for top 50. Almost enough to get full time benefits from Gems of War :wink:

Generally the gap between 100 and 5000 is a lot smaller than 100 and 10.

1 Like

When I play 15 hours a week I’m usually in the top 15,000 - 20,000.

2 Likes

So 30 minor earth, 2 event keys, and 6 gem keys for the top ranking guild, who invariably put in 9000 gems+ for bonuses? :wink: I’m just saying…50k doesn’t sound like a lot once you’ve been around the block a while. Let alone for maximum effort out of literally any guild in the game.

1 Like

@Sirrian, instead of Gold as a reward would the team consider putting another currency instead? I know we will get some seals in GW’s battles, but maybe some entirely new currency would spice things a bit. Yes i understand that we are close and there is hardly enough time to come up with new stuff in this sense, but you guys might consider it please?

Ethical gaming and sportmanship is hurt only when people resort to exploit and cheats. Aside from that the rules are set and if followed it’s up to everyone to pull their own weight in the game.

Anyone who can’t drag their own sorry butts shouldn’t expect to be the princess of the ball everyweek.

Subjective, it demoralizes the ones who can’t or aren’t willing to put the effort.

People didn’t wanted a competitive PVP before, they don’t want a goddamnit competitive GW, they want to feel slightly less miserable with themselves making everyone around them just as miserable or worse.

The door is clearly open for you to leave.

I can understand that, but the developers need to put some more… incentives… for the players to use and need gems in the game. It might seem counterintuitive but increasing the ways to spend the gems makes them more valuable. It might not have the expected result in the short term because we can still earn a lot of free gems by just playing the game. As players if our needs for gems increase, then there is a chance to have some people spending some dollars on it to keep the game running.

You could at least put some funny pictures while walking the absurd path…

I believe the devs could take numerous paths to make more unique bonuses in this fashion, but they opted out for the most easy to implement because of the time table they have. Also facing stronger troops is hardly a challenge at all sometimes. Yes the competition won’t be perfect, i’m not expecting this, i’m just not willing to see another dumbed down feature because of “Muh feelings of entitlement not being corresponded by the results obtained in the model proposed…”

Not really an assumption, just common sense, history from the league ranking tables, and the devs stated intentions that the top guilds would outperform lower level guilds assuming the same effort.

1 Like

The highest I ever got was 17th. That week I played 8+ hours A DAY.

3 Likes

You evidently don’t pay attention then. Some of the top players have openly admitted that there are 2 or more people using their accounts. There is no weight to pull for a single, legitimate, above-board player. It’s impossible to compete with accounts that don’t need to eat, sleep, or do anything else but play. You keep talking about other people’s effort and it’s pretty obvious you’re just plain clueless.

2 Likes

@Sirrian,

Regarding Guild Wars as a monetization scheme, let me re-iterate what we discussed a few weeks ago.

Right now, I am using 100% of my gems AND 100% of my real $$$ to target that handful of mythics I still don’t have. Since there’s no reliable way to target those mythics with gems outside of Kingdom weeks (I won’t even talk about Apocalypse at this point), I won’t be spending any gems on anything else.

And since there’s no way at all to reliably target those mythics with real $$$, I’ll be saving that too.

If you want me (and I can only speak for me) to spend money on gems for Sentinels, you MUST provide me a way to reliably target mythics first. I’m simply not going to spend anything I’ve earned, in-game or otherwise, until an avenue exists.

4 Likes

No, i’m just plain irked that you’ve been moaning about it over and over… It’s the new “Buff Dokkalfar” “Nerf Bonedragon”, but at least someday, we hope, Dokkalfar will be buffed and Bone Dragon will be nerfed. But on your issue: can you HONESTLY name of single action the devs could take against the said players? There is no rule preventing me from letting someone play a game on my phone/computer/console… It’s not an ideal situation, i’ll give you that, but honestly i won’t lose any hair being worried about it.

What’s been propposed in GW is a set number of fights, so at least this issue of sharing accounts/gameplay won’t be a decisive part of it.

1 Like

Thanks.
So you saying the point system is just overly complex nothingness? If the is no point multiplier based on team strength and 1 win is 1 win, why not just keep score: like ‘Sparked Pony’ has 14 Wins?
https://community.gemsofwar.com/uploads/short-url/8O5HYuSBtomdYNDvctbJgTXR84H.jpg

Here’s an action they can take:

1. Admit that there’s nothing they can do about it and be honest with us.
  2. Don’t setup new game modes using the same exploitable framework.
  3. Ask us to spend money on said new game mode when they know exploits are happening.

The problem is not that account sharers can exploit Guild Wars through playing time because as you said, the amount of fights are fixed. They can, however, use the MASSIVE amounts of free resources they’ve racked up, for themselves and from their guilds, to outspend everybody else in the game on Sentinels. It’s garbage. The whole justification for the new Guild Task system was to stop the exploitation and it hasn’t stopped.

I’m not losing any hair, nor am I worried about it. Disappointed? Sure, this game looks nothing like it did when I first started playing. It looks a lot more like Bubble Witch Saga and every other F2P game out there, which to me at least, is a shame. It’s definitely NOT Puzzle Quest or Warlords, and as a lifelong Steve Fawkner fan, that’s disheartening.

Outside of that, I’m going to keep offering up suggestions that will make the game better and/or prevent it from going any further down the rathole it’s currently in. I love the game, I love the developers and just quitting without any explanation as to why wouldn’t be fair to me, or to them.

3 Likes

Just to further get some clarity, you have to be among the top 10 guilds in the entire game to get these rewards? I know you said there are other rewards too, just want to get it straight.[quote=“Sirrian, post:82, topic:21506”]
If you can make top 10 in trophies, you can make top 10 in Guild Wars… at 10th slot, if all of your members buy 4 levels of guardians, they all profit 160 Gems + Cards + Gold for effectively doing what they did anyway. I can’t really see the downside here
[/quote]

Eh maybe this answers that.

1 Like

@Sirrian if X guild has ALL Guild Wars bonus and Y guild has only half the bonus will Y guild get more points for beating that team? Hope you understand what I’m trying to ask lol. A little incentive to maybe not level every sentinel if it means your guild could end up ranked higher than the one who upgraded every bonus :smile:

8 Likes