Guild Wars - Sneak Peek VI

Heh. You’re probably right about the higher level side … another thing is that the matchmaking will end up placing guilds more likely to have those buffs predominantly against other such guilds… so it shouldn’t make as big a difference as implied.

2 Likes

@HKdirewolf, oops - sorry missed your question.

These numbers are NOT final, just the current ones we’re working with. I don’t expect them to change MUCH, but you never know…

Rank 1 = 1,500 Gems, 100 Guild Wars Troop Cards, 50,000 Gold
Rank 2 = 1,000 Gems, 70 Guild Wars Troop Cards, 40,000 Gold
Rank 3 = 500 Gems, 50 Guild Wars Troop Cards, 30,000 Gold
Rank 4-6 = 400 Gems, 41 Guild Wars Troop Cards, 25,000 Gold
Rank 7-10 = 300 Gems, 32 Guild Wars Troop Cards, 20,000 Gold

13 Likes

Ah okay see my mind is already at ease from those numbers. (even though ballpark)

Thank you very much!

I’m sure that will help others to see as well.

4 Likes

Is Guild Wars going to be released at the same time between both console and PC/Mobile as the first jointly released update, or is console pushed back further? I think it was mentioned this update was initially planned to be released for both at once.

To be honest, I’m not a fan. The prices are too high and it increases the gap between top/bottom players.

What I’ll do is probably say “we’ll join it, you donate/play if you want/can (SAVE YOUR GEMS FOR CHESTS, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD), if we get anything out of it, then great, otherwise let’s just not bother too much with this – it’s not for us only in the top 1k”.

Also, will these bonuses last for 7 days like the ones from maxing a task color, or only for the current week? The latter would force players to contribute asap, which is not nice for guilds with people who play more intensively during weekends.

I’m a bit sad now =(

1 Like

Console will always be a couple of weeks behind, just due to the nature of the Microsoft/Sony certification process, but updates from now on should be MUCH closer together than they’ve been in the past.

1 Like

Wait now I’m really confused. I thought we were only fighting against 6 guilds each week. How are there all these ranks?! How big of a bracket are guilds in?

1 Like

I’m guessing that’s from the overall leaderboards at the end of the week.

1 Like

I can see a lot of us not doing this now.

1 Like

This is probably a stupid question. Is this like the PvP leaderboard where there can only be one guild in the game that gets the rank 1 rewards or will guilds be bunched together and be multiple leaderboards?

2 Likes

Are you sure those are all the ranks? If 10th place is the lowest you can get each week, then I agree that’s not too bad (but I still think it will create problems) but if, instead, 100th place is the lowest, it doesn’t look so good.

Also, I’m assuming those rewards are per member and not the total amount split among the guild?

Edit: and @HKdirewolf deleted his comment so now I just look like (even more of) a crazy person talking to the wind.

3 Likes

He does that… :wink:

4 Likes

That’s exactly why I deleted it. :laughing: I wasn’t sure of the placement.

It’s too easy to get wrapped up in the comments and then you’ll be on a path you never wanted to end up at. In other words, confusion.

I read the OP, Sirrian’s comments, then everyone else’s, and i’m not sure of anything anymore.

I don’t want to put out a comment saying, “hey i’m cool with everything guys, it all sounds great!” Then turn out to be a bigger fool than usual.

I don’t know about the placement brackets, and we need to know. Is it only your group that counts, or is there a separate bracket with the “winners” from every group?

I’m assuming the rewards are per individual as well, but I don’t know that 100% either.

What do I know? -shrugs- Not much it turns out.

3 Likes

haha, this made me laugh. :smiley:

Guild Wars is looking a little more complex than I first thought. Then my brain tries to make it look as simple as possible, then it all get in a soup or lost in a forest or something. Back and forth, never ending…but at least it looks interesting and it makes me curious.

4 Likes

3 Likes

@Sirrian,

What exactly do the SENTINELS bring to the Guild Wars? What prementioned requirements from Sneak Peak I do they solve? I look at them and the only thing i see are thieves looking to steal some resources.

2 Likes

And people wondered why I saved 100k glory. Strategy payed off. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Based on what is said earlier, it is per member for sure.

If you divide 1,500 Gems on 30 members in a guild, it is only 50 Gems per member. And since it might cost up to 340 Gems per member to max the Sentinels, it would become a loss of 290 Gems.

But Sirrian said:

So for it to be a “nice profit” and not a loss, it has to be per member.

1 Like

Those prices for gems are way too high.
5 gems for level 3, 10 gems for level 4, 15 gems for level 5 would result in 120 gems weekly per player. Even that seems high but i might think about buying it. With the current prices i dont even consider maxing them out.

This changes in economy havent been thought through. We get a resource drain, but we dont get more resources. And before you start thinking rank 1 guild gets 1500 gems per player, thats only 1 guild. And only guilds rank 1-3 actually have positive outcome from GW. In real life, if payments of 100 people would get 3 times higher then they are now, prices on the market wouldnt increase. They would increase if however everyone would get double the payments, because manufacturers would need to ask for higher prices to be able to earn the same. Here we have 3 guilds getting more, and others getting less? Thats not right.

Now if you guys planed to double the rewards from guild tasks, and forgot to tell us, now is the time.

6 Likes

It is not necessary to max out all bonuses every week. If a guild makes it a requirement and then doesn’t turn a profit based on final ranking, I suspect the guild members will have a very heated discussion about said requirements.

2 Likes