Guild Wars - Sneak Peek VI

You dont have to reach tier 1 in pvp every week either. Or complete guild tasks. But guess what, if its an option we want to try it. I know we wont be at a major disadvantage for having 4 life more or less. But knowing that i can buy it and i didnt just because its too expensive in the long run, makes me feel bad.

1 Like

The gold payout feels weird. Maybe I’m not understanding this chart correctly, it’s for the 10 best placed guilds, right? I don’t suppose 50k gold is anything they’ll even notice, especially after paying 60k gold to max the sentinels. Any chance there’s at least one zero missing here?

2 Likes

I was going to say that, actually … And gold is also the easiest resource to get.

Yeah - top guilds need souls…
wait, gold,
wait, glory,
wait, minor red traitstones ,
wait, New content/troops, yeah, that’s it!

Oh wait, that’s whats on offer for in game resources. New stuff!

what happens to rank ~300?

does it go to same bucket with lets say rank ~2000?

about all the weekly stat upgrade costs - i keep a light of hope in the thought that they are completely not mandatory in order to max out guild war ranking points, regardless to how hard it will be - can still win without them, right :slight_smile:

@ogunther
I would like to wholeheartedly agree with your statements As someone who is in a semi-casual guild that also happens to be 75th in the league rankings.We have players from level 65 to 779.This proposed setup and I hope that it is only a proposal, would be impossible for many of our guild mates.Such a thing would lead to our abandonment of participation due to the unfair advantage of hard core guilds or a revamp of the guild rules. This would lead to the slitting up of many guilds.The end as ogunther said to the middle ground guilds and an important part of the play style availability.

1 Like

Let’s see how it goes. I’m sure the devs will tweak the rewards and costs once we really get into it.

Release the Krak… Errrmmmmm… Update!

Please explain to me how this is not like a pyramid scheme? Does the "general, chief, head-honcho glean a little more then all his underlings from this process? I want a revolution/coup button option.

4 Likes

I would very much like to know this as well @Sirrian please

It would make a huge difference in perception

2 Likes

So if I understand well, the max bonus for a Paragon of each guild is:

• +5 attack/magic, +10 life/armor → coming from him
  • +15 attack/magic, +29 life/armor → coming from 29 guildmembers

I think you believe that players are going to buy gems for dollars, but are we really doing to do that when 75% of the bonus is coming from our guildmates?

Now as a guildmaster how I have to manage that? Do I have to kick members who contribute not enough to this new system?

I undestand now why Bone Dragon has to be nerfed ;-).

2 Likes

One of the lamest additions to Gems of War so far. Just another round of stat increases that introduce no new gameplay.
Uninspiring and not as hard to implement as you make it out to be.

Just sad.

2 Likes

Worth noting that the “head” in this case is not the head of the guild, it’s most likely the higher ranks of defenders:

So the head honcho will possibly change each week, based on results.

2 Likes

All in one big bracket, like PvP, for now. We might adjust the way that works later though if it’s a problem.

That 1500 Gems EACH as a reward, not divided between players

No those numbers are incorrect… guildmates won’t contribute anywhere near that much

Aww… maybe we should have brought you in to write the code! :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

@Sirrian could we see a whole “ranking rewards” temporary table ?

i want to know will this be just competition for top 50 guilds or can the ~300 skim anything and how will it look like in general for all the guilds…

maybe in another sneak peak if not a comment? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hehe, the way you answer, it sounds like you correct me, while I in fact said exactly the same as you (when reading everything in context, i.e. the sentence before and after) :slight_smile:

Sorry, @Sirrian but I’m out. We’re a top 25 guild (top 10 in trophies) and you’re telling me you’ve based GW rewards off the very, very, very broken PvP weekly ranking system?

No, just no. I can’t believe how you thought this would be ok? That’s bordering on the ludicrous.

I love GoW but if that’s how it’s going to be, you’re definitely heading in the wrong direction; hell you’re running in the wrong direction right towards a giant cliff.

Very disappointed.

5 Likes

i also hate pvp ranking rewards not scaling with population growth :slight_frown: (and the idea that guild wars would go the same way)

2 Likes

I’m cautiously optimistic. A couple of counter-points to the @ogunther’s of the world:

Don’t most guilds sorta know how competitive they are and thus know whether or not they should be contributing Gems? I don’t see why a guild that knows it has no shot of getting Top 10 would require its members to donate 340 gems. Wouldn’t you reasonable assume if your guild is likely to land in the Top 30 then you should buy upgrades to the point where you’re more or less breaking even? Why wouldn’t you just buy to level 3 or 4, where the cost is 40-140 Gems? If you do that, you’re actually coming out ahead. It seems to me that any reasonable guild will min-max its contributions vs its rewards.

Also, aren’t you sort of exchanging Gems for both Gems and new troop cards? If these troops are supposed to be Guardian-level in strength, then think about how long it takes to get one of those to Ultra-Rare or Epic, or think about how many gems you spend chasing a Legendary. With these rewards, you’re spending something like 100 Gems for what equates to a Legendary-tier cards. That seems pretty reasonable.

I’d love to just get more Gems across the board, but I can see why that doesn’t make sense from their perspective. If they just give us more Gems overall then that hurts them. If there are other ideas for how they can make money from this then I’m sure they’re interested!

3 Likes

@ogunther Well… let’s offer up some alternatives and discuss then… we’ve been very open in making some design changes based upon suggestions here.

There’s always room for improvement… but the way that PvP system has retained players has been magnificent for the game. So I think “broken” is too strong a word. I can understand if it’s not to someone’s taste though… that’s a matter of personal preference.

Regarding the current iteration of Guild Wars… I personally like the system… I look at it and see extra free stuff for everyone who participates… with top groups of participants earning LOTS of free stuff.

If your objection is that other players who work harder and coordinate better than your guild will out-earn you… that’s a legitimate position to have. I don’t think we can ever STOP that in a competitive game, but we can look to soften it.

If you can make top 10 in trophies, you can make top 10 in Guild Wars… at 10th slot, if all of your members buy 4 levels of guardians, they all profit 160 Gems + Cards + Gold for effectively doing what they did anyway. I can’t really see the downside here

5 Likes

Sorry I think this is a terrible idea that is just bad for everyone. With every guild in the game competing against each other a lot of guild leaders with make upgrades a requirement but there is going to be a lot of people that don’t want to pay for upgrades and those people will get kicked. There is going to be a lot of guilds that only want top players and will kick more casual players. There is going to be a lot of people wanting in the top guilds and then the lower guilds miss out.

1 Like