Guild Wars (delayed) & New Event System (incoming)

Yeah that’s exactly what we need, as if they themselves don’t make it sound like rocket science, let’s start sending similar signals from the community.

It’s NOT complicated. You pull stats of which levels still buy what for real money, you make a judgement call for a cut-off point (i.e. lvl200 for example), and that’s where the first tier of increased rewards kicks in. Do another one at lvl500 → DONE. From the game-economy point of view it’s not even an issue, as long as the rewards don’t go above what pvp offers (and in my original suggestion they didn’t). To me it just sounds like a classic quasi-corporate waste of time because a simple decision has to be bounced back and forth between X departments and XY people and no one knows WHO will make the final decision.

That said I really do appreciate the fact that Sirrian didn’t give up on it and keeps us updated (that it does in fact move forward, albeit slowly).

1 Like

Coding is very simple for something like this…

Modifier = 1;
if (player.level>500) { Modifier = 3; }
elseif (player.level>200) { Modifier = 2; }

Thats super simple 3 level modifier.

Based on actual level…

Modifier = 1;
if (player.level>100) { Modifier = floor(player.level/100); }

Rewards *= Modifier;

That is way easier than using command blocks in minecraft.

command blocks are freaking hard to use… real coding way way easier :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You should try self modifying machine laungage. It’s bizarre yet elegant.

Or, they could simply introduce a tiered approach to Arena. Similar to how difficulty settings were introduced, you unlock the higher tiers of Arena rewards/difficulty through leveling your character. If we wanted to approach it through a Arena-centric method, why not unlock another tier of Arena through Arena wins? A player who either wins 50 games in 10 matches, or gets a “perfect” 8 win run, would unlock the highest setting, or the next setting one.

I haven’t ponied up any real $$$ for a while. The Event system seems to be worth a good $40 to me - This game has been desperately needing something like this!

DAILY QUESTS (in confrontation to kingdom quests)

1 Like

Its a spaghetti meme.

No one is poking fun at the victims of 9/11. No one is poking fun at their families. At the very most it’s making fun of the “Never Forget” line and comparing the situation of loss to the loss of guild wars.

I’m sorry but I don’t understand how someone could find this offensive, specially having no connection to the incident themselves.

1 Like

from my point of wiev it was belittling and making fun of nuclear bomb explosion (in general) which should never be belittled like this. children should not think its fun.

the forgetti word play part was cool, not the nuke-spaghetti picture in it

ps. that kind of pictures is precisely what u need to use so that children learn its not a big deal and have more potential to grow into adults who will most likely use one of those bombs, u use such methods to grow more mercilless soldier

edit: to reply @en9nhcet

never? but the picture looked totally like a nuke or power plant catastrophe to me xD could never guess relevance to a plane crash/wtc unless someone told me to look for it
but whatever event it relates to - the message it reads is: “never forget (that) the event is fun!”

1 Like

umm…in what reality were the towers nuked? lol…

back to the point,its been 2 weeks and still no preview!

1 Like

Yeah what’s the ETA on the event system? I have to admit PVP is starting to get really stale. There’s just too few viable troops. Arena is fun for a little bit but it’s too random.

Would love to see some kind of level playing field similar to arena where you could choose from any troop. Maybe even just have a mode like PVP without traits. That might be fun.

2 Likes

Yes, @Sirrian said 26 days ago (3.7 weeks):

Where it is? :slight_smile:

The ultimate troll would be red majors :stuck_out_tongue:

Guys you are now discover this game’s unique interpretation of the word ‘soon’…

3 Likes

No kidding… @turintuor 26 days? You haven’t even started the waiting period yet compared to other platforms.

To be fair I don’t think Soon™ is unique to GoW, it’s seen a lot in other games as well.

1 Like

No. It would just be a big troll. The ultimate troll would be yellow majors… :wink:
Or pretty much any yellow to be honest. We just got 6 Arcanes from a Legendary task. I don’t believe anyone in the guild was particularly happy :frowning:

1 Like

Legendary task this week was 6 Arcane Spirit! LOL!