TL;DR - You need a way to make your entire player base feel engaged by Guild Wars.
I'll start with my perspective. I just left a Top 5 Guild after 1.5 years due to GW burnout. I've been thinking about this for more than two weeks so the Guild could stay Top 5. I've seen our guild lose many long term guildmates to the excessive time constraints GW, as well as members on vacations and business travel forcing themselves to log in every day for their GW matches.
Immediate Actions you should consider:
1. Current rotation of Guild War Exclusive Troops should be announced immediately to go into Guild Chests. Hopefully in the chests by next week. This gives you the ability to capture some of the revenue lost to GWs through Guild Seal purchases and helps guilds rebuild their feeling of community. They should be available even if Guild Guardians are not 4x Mythic.
INTERNALLY, decide if GWs should be held until the Unity port is complete, released. and the AIs match. You're like Nazi Germany getting an option to close the Eastern Front. Keep it closed until you're ready to reopen it. Right now GWs is costing you time and resources needed to get the game stable. Since you've taken the chance to step back from a two front war, TAKE IT. Move all your resources over to a successful port. Get the game stable and balance where you want it, then relaunch.
(I do not think this happens YET!!) Schedule time to look at Guild Alliances sandbagging in daily matches within a bracket in their daily matches verses allied guilds. The way the scoring system works right now, if I could get 5(?) Guilds in Bracket 1 to collude, we could permanently lock ourselves into the top 5 slots, and guarantee keeping bracket 1. We might not know who is going to take 1st in bracket 1 every week, but we could make sure we aren't leaving bracket 1. If we had 8 guilds in bracket 1 in agreement, we lock the bracket down and just have two guilds that can bounce from 2-1-2-1.
Player/Guild Centric Suggestions:
1. Players need a way to choose what days to play their matches on. While you may want another feature to encourage daily play, add some carrot to have a player play their match on they day, but allow all GW matches for a week to be played starting on the first day of the week.
- Guild Leaders and players have been asking for a way to take a vacation from Guild Wars for a week or more without hurting the Guild. I don't see anyway to let this happen, and be fair to guilds running a full 30 players. The only thing I can think of, and it becomes a mess for you to code, is to allow a player, to set themselves as on Vacation for the week, up to five in a guild. Their matches would then be assigned to a wild card pool for the guild. Where any member can play up to two of the wild card matches any time during the week in place of a loss. The caveat here is I don't know if there would be a way for top guilds to game sitting a player out for a week to have those wild card matches.
Guild War Suggestions:
1. Guild Wars doesn't feel connected or epic. It just feels like five matches a day with extra weight. Being in Bracket 1, felt like being one of the few nuclear powers on the planet. None of the other guilds matter in the least, and they don't feel any competition or connection with us. Look into blocking, RANDOMLY, multiple guilds across brackets into Alliances for a week. Have bonus weekly (Monthly) rewards based on the total performance of the Alliance. This way, some rank 200 guild can be thrilled to be paired with Anonymous or Dragon's Peak for the month. They can root them on, and feel that their contributions to the war matters. Add some fun graphical appearance, and not just raw numbers, for these alliances. In my mind, some type of seeing territories on a map changing colors. Something where every alliance won't just know they are number 1, but can see the ebb and flow of wins and losses. More on alliance breakdown down to follow in point 2.
- Rework Brackets, and if possible, not just all the same size. You have a huge number of players of dramatically different amounts of play. You should be able to find some type of jenks or other natural breaks in the manner of play. Something like, mirroring GW ranks, Bracket 1 is top 10, Bracket 2 is 11-30, Bracket 3 is 31-70, Bracket 4 is 71-150, etc. This would allow much more variety in opponents faced. It would also allow the Alliance idea from point 1, to draw a Paragon Guild from Bracket 1, 2 Champion Guilds from Bracket 2, 4 Heralds from Bracket 3, 8 Vanguards from Bracket 4, then fill with soldiers.
I'm sure I have more ideas, but I'm out of time for now....