An idea about GW defenses

What if you had to set one team per day for GW and that’s the team you had to use on offense and defense? It would force defenses to then use all four colors to maximize their GW points, therefore doing away with the exact same meta teams time after time. It would force creativity because one team would have to deal with all types of defenses. It would keep it challenging and I believe bring the fun back to GW. It would even help the famine issue as he would not be able to be fielded with the perfect team every time.

You could take it further and only actually allow troops of that color to be used that day.

What do you guys think? I feel this is a good way to address complaints about famine and others without having to nerf him. Everyone is happy.

2 Likes

I’d agree that you would probably see Famine 50% less, but it also narrows down the choice of troops to use each day.

There will be a thread asking what teams to use on defence each day, this would become the new general defence with no originality.

Personally I don’t have any issues with Famine, but I know others do. One of those issues is that not everyone has a single copy to look at.

They are separate issues however, if people want to nerf Famine further it should just be about the troop itself. Famine should have nothing to do with people’s concerns with losses/wins in guild wars.

I still think it’s better than the same exact defense teams every day, plus, since they have to be used to attack too it would force a little bit of difference. Anything is better than it is now, in my opinion.

I don’t think it’s necessary to use the same team for offense and defense, but if defense had to follow the 4 color rule it would certainly change things up a bit.

The only issue with that is there would then be a meta defense for each color. It’s still better than it is now, but making them actually attack with the team as well forces a little more variety. They bump the stats of the defending teams as it is so it’s still going to be hard,

I see your point, but I still disagree. Mostly, I suppose, because personally I really don’t want to use the same team for both. Most teams that I have found effective offensively really suck when played by the AI because they require a mind behind them to make the work properly. To each his own.

4 Likes

@RiverSong i agree with you, i choose my invasion team depending of the opponent team so i don’t think it’s a good idea to force people using a team for both