Guild Wars Bracket System - Has it been addressed in 3.3?

Hey everyone, I’m going to try to address some of your concerns:

First of all, just so everyone has context I want to explain our thoughts on climbing the Guild Wars brackets prior to the 3.3 update:

The current Guild Bracket system, as you know, ranks Guilds in a bracket, based on their point score. This point score is tied to a bracket since, as an extreme example, 200,000 points in bracket 1 is a lot harder to attain than 200,000 points in bracket 100. For this reason, we decided to err on the side of caution with movement of guilds through brackets, not allowing a guild to jump up (or down) more than 2 brackets in a single week. We may change that in future, to allow more movement, but at the moment we don’t have anything to announce.

Your guild’s initial placement in the brackets would have taken your guild’s level and current placement in the guild-trophy leaderboard when you first registered for guild wars. As a newer guild, that will certainly mean starting some way from the top, but given the 1-3 years most top guilds took to establish themselves, we feel that 6-10 months to rise up the brackets for a new guild is not unreasonable.

Fast forward to now and we have Guild Wars every 3 weeks and we agree with you, we don’t believe it’s fair that it should take 3 times as long to reach a challenging bracket.

However, as you can see from the great discussion you’ve all been having here, the solution isn’t as simple as tripling the number of brackets a Guild can climb or drop. That’s not to say we won’t do that - however what we do need is more data to come up with a decent solution for every guild, whether you’re one of these fast climbing Guilds, a Guild in bracket 1, or a Guild with 10 players who wants to play Guild Wars anyway.

Basically, it boils down to this:
We’re listening to you, we agree with you and once 3.3 has been running for long enough for us to have more data, we will be making a decision about Guild Wars brackets. I know that you want the solution now, but this sort of change is going to take time to get it right, please know that while things aren’t changing as fast as you might be hoping, we will be doing something about it.

19 Likes