GoW Team Build Compendium

Hey if you don’t mind, where do you go when experimenting with teams? PvP punishes you for not having anything but your best team, do you throw these teams at explore/challenge matches and fiddle around with the difficulty rating?

Indeed he does! :joy: And he loves them very much (even though they have to live in a desert empire, poor animals)!:stuck_out_tongue: Khorvash Penguin Squad is still my most successful PVP team.

By the way, if you can get it going quickly, Titania + 3x Ogryn is… something. Got lucky here and found a 4x red enemy team, no one Faerie-fired yet…

1 Like

I test on PVP. It takes time to beat the meta, because your damage output is usually low depending of what you are using.

But the key for this team is Florian. We currently have a “Big Mana Meta” which Florian and Nyx takes full advantage draining and generating gems for your team. Aurai is better used against punctal threats like Infernus, Draakulis and Famine. Rowanne and Fey Cap/Pixie aren’t as good obviously but if i can still manage some victories against the meta i believe it could work for beginners to beat at least the two trophies battles withou much trouble. At least during this week event.

Miss “I gonna kiss you” (Nyx) is extremely powerful in this sense as she feeds Mab that is currently one of the few options to stop enemies from filling their mana and casting on the same round.

So I’m starting to turn my gaze to Psion because my TDS/Worldbreaker team is losing steam, but another option may be better.

On one hand, I have the traits for a Khorvash/?/Kraken/Mab team, but lack good insight into that 2nd slot troop. A troll? Some other generator?

On the other hand, I don’t know much about what makes a “good” Psion team. I know it wants a generator for its colors, but what else?

You wouldn’t need a mana generator for Psion as it can steals mana on skull damage, and Ragnagord works fine filling mana to the entire team usually. This is a classic Meta Team on defense we see constantly in the endgame. Death could be used instead of Famine.

There are a couple different options. The first and most common build is Psion
Rag (as FAST generator)
Famine (For Control)
??? (Favorite troop, Mab/Spirit Fox tend to lead the pack)

But I think that Psion is fun ontop of a skull spam team too!
Consider something like
Psion
Apothecary
Valk
Keeper of Souls

It’s certainly an older style build, but it can be fun. Maybe do a Courage build allowing Psion to get stronger and hit harder…

Be creative and have fun! It is just a game after all… :wink:

Yeah, I’m going to have to stick to non Famine/Death builds right now. If that’s required maybe I’ll hold up on Psion for a while, but the one with Apothecary/Valk seems like it might be worth a try.

A team I used for quite awhile was

Crimson Bat
Psion
Valkyrie
Bone Dragon

With sometimes Psion in front depending on enemy team make up or double bats.

1 Like

Hi, possible replacements for Psion? I will love to use my Bone Dragon and Crimson Bat in the same team.

Another Crimson Bat or Draakulis works well.

Current best team is 4x Divines. Mercy/Diviner/Infernus/Divine Ishbaala. Frozen Banner. 95% win rate even at 1000+ battles.

What about this?

Crimson bat
Bone dragon
Valkyrie
Shocktopus

What’s your level? You will probably do fine with one of the basic teams people suggested in your thread. At lower levels just focus on levelling & starring kingdoms and getting a fast explore team. Just try out some of the combinations with your best troops and it’ll be just fine.

I personally think there’s no need for mercy on that team. I lose 1 battle every 50 with Diviner/Infernus/Ishbaala/Firebomb with abyssal banner. Second-turn infernus, go from there, make alignments for ishbaala with diviner. It’s so fast I don’t even change teams for dungeons anymore.

I tried it with Fire Bomb and lost the first 2 battles, so it doesn’t work for everybody. Mercy makes it a lot more versatile.

I’m lvl 130 or so. For explore I have sunbird rowanne fire bombx2. Its quite fast.

What means starring kingdoms?

Good start.

under ‘Power’ you should find the information you need.

You should focus on getting the extra skill bonus at 5 stars.

1 Like

I put together this team and it is very strong

Dark Troll
Flame Troll
Elemaugrim
Elemaugrim

Well:

Loss included.

2 Likes

I understand your point, but it’s not for me. If you face an Infernus, and he gets the red skyfall he needs, you’re dead in 2-3 casts. I would prefer the safer, more flexible option.