GoW DB: Domain moving to gowdb.com

Hi everyone,

When I started the GoW Database, it was a side project that I had thrown together in my spare time to replace the (now deleted) Gems of War Troops list, that at the time was very much out of date. The initial version of the site was a couple of static HTML pages that I’d created with a small C# app and uploaded to my playground/sandbox website, ashtender.com, in a subfolder. As interest grew and I dove further into the files, the site grew and grew, and at this point it has eclipsed my other side projects on ashtender.com to the point where I feel it’s time to give it a domain of its own.

The Gems of War Database can now be found at http://gowdb.com.

All URLs that start with Gems of War Database will redirect to the new site, and will for the foreseeable future, but you will want to update your bookmarks in order to avoid the server redirection.

Hopefully this will make linking to the site less cumbersome, as the URL is shorter. I’ve also made it possible to make shortened URLs to various pages; the top folders “t”, “k”, “c”, and “w” redirect to “troops”, “kingdoms”, “classes”, and “weapons”, respectively. I’ve also made the by-name URLs more resilient to punctuation and whitespace. So for instance, it’s now possible to link to Gard’s Avatar via gowdb.com/t/gardsavatar and to Maugrim Woods via Maugrim Woods - Kingdoms - Gems of War Database.

(Of course it’s still possible to link to gowdb.com/troops/gard-s-avatar or Gaard's Avatar - Troops - Gems of War Database if you prefer.)

I think I’ve put the new site through its paces, but there’s always a possibility that I screwed something up, so if you notice something’s not working, please let me know!

Lyya

P.S. One small milestone: The site hit the 3,000 registered user mark a couple days ago. That’s way more interest than I had ever expected. I’m glad so many of you have found it to be useful, if only for an afternoon or two :slight_smile:

39 Likes

Awesome job like always @Lyya!

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but is there anyway to exclude the hero classes in the traitstone calculator on the right in my collection?

You’re so humble. You’ve made one of the most valuable resources out there. I can’t thank you enough.

This site is AMAZING, a MUST-BOOKMARK for any active Gems player keeping track of their collection.

I’ll be updating my bookmarks now, thank you so much for putting this together and maintaining it!

There is. Using the dropdown under the “Kingdoms” filter, select:

1. All Kingdoms,” if you want all troops, including Apocalypse, Primal, and Guardians; or
  2. True Kingdoms,” if you want to filter out the aforementioned kingdoms, if you’re after troops that affect power progression.

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

9 Likes

For some reason I can’t see Ser Cygnea in my collection (I’m on PS4).

Just checked myself and I too cannot see her, well spotted sir :+1:

That’s it? I really thought it would be a LOT higher, I really really like it, super useful!

1 Like

I have access to her update utility from when I was keeping the console collection up to date (while we were catching up), but Ser Cygnea doesn’t even show up as an option for me to activate.

I did update the new weapons while I was in there, but only Lyya can fix whatever is up with Ser Cygnea.

2 Likes

As far as I can tell, Ser Cygnea was changed to be released in 2030. Is anyone without the troop able to see it in the “unowned” list?

I’m still not sure what’s wrong, but I’ve patched things as best as possible. Ser Cygnea and Sol’Zara should be back in the DB. Thanks for the report.

3 Likes

Shocktopus missing now?

Yeah. Not sure why this keeps happening. I’ll take a look today, sorry about this.

@Saltypatra

I mentioned to a Dev abit ago that this site should replace the wiki (or be added) to the support buttons in game! Just a follow up/reminder.

I don’t think that’ll ever happen, but thank you for the kind words. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Shocktopus is fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you for hooking up to Xbox One accounts, @Lyya! So helpful and wonderful. I don’t know when this functionality was added, but I’m sure glad you did!

One suggestion, if I might be so bold… When I click on your name here on the forum, a summary screen pops up with some information of yours. It contains the address of the prior site (ashtender.com), so I’m wondering if you might want to consider updating that.

Again, thanks for all the GREAT work! -EG

4 Likes

Ah, heh. Good call. Will fix!

1 Like

It’s Not very important, but I think there is a minor error with the Colum “Traits per Troop (Owned)” in the Ascension Leaderboard. I continually leave 1-2 Troops un-traited to finish Daily Tasks as they rotate in.

It normally always reads 2.98 or 2.99. But I’m at 3.00 and still have one left un-traited on purpose. I don’t know but it might be a sign of something else like a new troop not in the DB…

Thanks.