GOOD NEWS: Removal of Gold Costs for Battles!

You should build a pool so you can go swimming in it!

Hm. Not bad. I’ve never personally cared either way, but I could see this as “more accessible” from a newcomers perspective. Newer guilds also won’t have as painful downtime.

Plus now I can barrel roll out of any fight bound for an asteroid collision without concern of my payment for the fuel!

This such good news in so many ways that I am just thrilled to hear this!..hmmmmm, more gold for guild, more gold to get extra troops for ascension, just fun to have more to use so that I feel I am moving along in the game more (less of a grind feel). Thanks a lot, awesome!

Great news for the newcomers.
@Sirrian: it will be great to continue on this way and remove the gold required to buy a new kingdom. The amount is ridiculous for an high level player but a newcomer needs to save a lot of money and it is a little bit painful for nothing… Maybe an unlock according to the player level or as soon as you finish the quests of one kingdom you unlock a new (random?) kingdom could be more player-friendly.

Just some stats to explain the difference between before and after this commit:
before the final bonus was: Bonus (the one written on the map) - 0.5
now: Bonus * 0.85
Here, you can find a graph of the difference according to the Bonus value:

For example, without any bonus, you must receive +35% golds. With all bonus (dragon armor, Warlord 4 and VIP 10), it will be a -10%.

My main concern is the gap between the difficulty rewards: it was already difficult to justify to play on an higher difficulty than hard but now it seems to me that this gap was increased…
The main issue to give some stats is to estimate the amount of supplementary time needed to do an higher difficulty… But let’s assume that this supplementary time is proportional to the AI stats bonus. In this case, 3 fights in Normal = 1 fight in Warlord 4, 1.5 fights in Normal = 1 fight in Warlord 2, etc. And, you can see how the “gap” evolves with this change according to the bonus:

For example, with no other bonus (no armor, vip 0 → bonus = 1), you will “loose” 85% more golds by doing W4 instead of Normal after this update. Other example, someone with Dragon Amor and VIP 6 (bonus=2.5) will “loose” 15% more gold by doing W2 instead of Normal after this update.
Is there something planned to correct this gap?

After reading this news i no longer feel like playing this game. It is great news sure but now i don’t want to play because the cost will be to high. I will probable play again at turnover and beyond but just not now. less than 20 hours remain. I can not wait till free battles. Also i hope there will not be any bugs. Also does this make maps better or worse? Like do maps become more useful for getting money into the guild now that you no longer need it to fund battles when you spend too much on guild tasks. Also i always thought that the money you spent to battle was the cost to go to a place with all the supplies but now that it will be free idk seems a little story shy to me.

I guess you could always donate the old Battle Costs to your guild and imagine that now THEY are funding your travel and supplies :sunglasses:

1 Like

Your hero is an omnipresent God.

Story wise that now sounds amazing. Going from an adventurer to a god that helps people and that is not all powerful cause he can be defeated. I like that. And then buying kingdoms is like a god paying to build a new kingdom in stead of unlocking it.

And the change is live - we pushed it out a little early. Enjoy!

1 Like

omg thank you updating now.

No, are you?:sleeping:

So what’s the exact formule now when i am using Alchemist trait combined with Dragon Armor / VIP?

Number shown * 0.85 * (Dragon Armor / VIP bonus + Alchemist trait)

or

Number shown(already decreased) * (Dragon Armor / VIP bonus + Alchemist trait)

or something else?

1 Like

As far as i know, the alchemist trait (like necromancy) still only applies to gold obtain during the match (so 4- and 5-matches and alchi skill).

Therefore the formula should be
[Number shown (already decreased) + Ingame Gold (buffed by alchi trait)]*Goldmultiplicator (by Armor, VIP, Difficulty)

:grinning: very good news

That’s not fair! I worked hard for those 5 trillion gold!
You clearly prefer the newbies!

2 Likes

Great news, just one tiny nitpick. What’s the benefit of scouting now? I mean, technically you could just enter a battle for free and retreat at no cost if you don’t like it, right? Please don’t regard this as a greedy request for yet more freebies, it just feels… inconsistent.

You can see the enemy team and pick your most appropriate one to counter it, surely…

Or pick a Skeleton/GreenSlime team every time and steam-roller anything you meet… (unless their Skeleton casts first) :wink:

Wow you are like REALLY down on skeletons. What would be your solution for them?

Someone else (sorry, forget who) suggested recently that the self buff should be to Armour not Attack… that would help, and feel more flavour/lore-correct too…

Need to think what its intended job is in teams - support player making skulls, or hyper attacker? At the moment it is both… it also has an extra turn, which is (1) not right for me in flavour (speedy skeletons? eh?) and also (2) very OP when you just made skulls…

It now does far too much in one very synergistic little spell, and for far too low a cost… but it’s a common so the cost can’t really go up more… So I would either:

• make it a support player - change buff to be Armour, also drop skulls made by 1-2
    or
  • make it an attacker - take off the extra turn, also drop skulls made by 1
    or
  • combination of both of those.

That may p(s& off lots of players, but that response is short-sighted in my view… Just work up a more intelligent strategy (and more varied ones) rather than depending on the most broken card to win (or having to depend on it to stay competitive, as every second pvp defence team has one). So there…

At leas one old outstanding problem addressed by this: defensive wins are no longer better than losses. Guess shortly everyone will post strong and/or annoying teams on defense.

Who wants to bet on the number of new ‘can’t win an invade’ threads by start of February? :imp: