Goblageddon (quite scary)

they added traits to the challenges so you can experience them when you are over level 50

We’re fighting one’s DEFEINSIVE team. So if certain team on defense becomes a menace it could be cured by some negative effects that hoses defense position instead of general nerf that nukes the player’s investment and mood.

Like easiest fix to webspinned, orb and other problems would have been a simple list of ‘banned for defense’ stuff.

Who said that? I fought at least one.

Easy fix, maybe, but banning a troop for use even in only part of the game seems counter to the whole idea. Here’s this great troop, only you’re not allowed to use it… I would much rather see a work in progress type so.ution than a quick ban hammer solution, cause that is a very slippery slope.

2 Likes

Agree, sorry @Pasa but I never want to see any troop etc banned in any part of the game - get it right, ideally globally and by introducing enough other cool stuff… banning things is like saying both ‘yeah we f%*ed it up’ and ‘we can’t think how to fix it’… okay so it’s iterative, but it’s cool that it evolves and steadily improves… even if it sometimes doesn’t feel that way…

Bad way of thinking to just discard options – you supposed to evaluate alternatives against each other. Banning is bad, yeah, but not necessarily the worst option. Also it need not be permanent, may go for just a week or 2 until a better thing gets designed and tested out.

The recent orbkilling is a good example, it could have been banned from defense just until the 1.08 ships. Instead now it will stay crippled forever.

Guess what annoys players more? Or what annoys more people? Esp. when having a strong defense team is not top priority, many options exist for player to compensate.

The game is not symmetric until real PvP is introduced, I see no reason then to pretend it is.

1 Like

i assumed it was not being used by no one mentioning it and no one i fought using it or defense or in revenge other than myself running a team centered around those traits.

We will agree to disagree on this… don’t see anything ever needing to be banned, when a thought-through fix should do the job…

You guys…seriously…You want to think outside the box do you just put yourself In another box.

Banning is an option, not a very good one, but still an option. It does however go in the right direction.

“Marauder team bonus” + whatever when used to invade.

It even fits thematically.

Plenty of bonuses like thus could be interesting.

Templar - + whatever when defending

Ah, this I like much better. This is quite opposite of a ban - it rewards you for using a troop in a particular way rather than banning it from use at all. I would be behind this all the way.

Good thinking. It can be easy to stay in a narrow track of thought, you’re right.

That’s a real neat way to think about it! I love the idea of Marauder bonus only triggering when invading.

I like to design card games as a hobby, one of the things you run into a lot in game design is having to take something that might work really well for what you want to do, remove it from the equation, and think about something different to try.

Just ran into this (even more scary) bunch - alarming in particular that this could be obtained so easily and so soon after the patch, when no one will be getting many traits onto the decent epic or legendary troops…

I spotted also they ran the green+2 banner. With the first goblin’s third trait (Nature Link) active - it charges in ONE green 3 match. Then deals 10 damage AND gets an extra turn, for only the six mana. That’s getting nuts.

Still tracking about 40%-50% of my battles hit goblin defence teams.

Suffice to say, I beat the greenskin sods - even though a lucky skull match meant that first goblin one-shotted my Anointed One early doors (23 Attack and double attack damage to humans from its trait meant it killed my 45HP first guy in one attack).

Here’s a screenshot just before the skull match that gave me the win:

That was a long battle and rather tough - which is fine, and was kinda fun - but it’s arduous when half my matches are that hard, and I suggest many players in the mid-range would struggle, and again it’s getting boring and annoying… Refer my above post for some ideas on improving the meta, including re-costing any spells with an extra turn, minor nerfs to gobbos, and sorting out the blanket stat gains from ascending, and above all getting more varied troops to make more viable teams of other types…

1 Like

I just played against that person.
Alt+F4ed out.
Maybe I should start scouting. But meh. easier to just play a different game entirely.

2 Likes

I’ve vsed that guy a few times since the patch. He keeps invading me back…

I know the name - think it’s an old guildmate of mine from Tigerclaw…[quote=“melkathi, post:34, topic:2129”]
easier to just play a different game entirely
[/quote]

That’s exactly what we don’t want to be hearing… if Imp/Gem-obsessed @melkathi can alt out and stop playing, what will less dedicated players do…

Not quite understanding concerns about goblins, specifically.

I have hit some fully-traited teams with interesting combinations that crushed my invasion–not a goblin in sight. I realize that I have fewer traits and will need to up my crafting to start handing them their backsides.

Interesting that some of the teams were using common and previously useless cards to great effect. This is just my two cents. Certainly your experience may vary.

^^ made my day :joy:

1 Like

Last 2 battles against evolved gob teams they sent me packing. Must say I had really bad luck with board while AI had a head start. (one of them was a lvl 1000 player. And shaman’s curse trait was really hurting ;).

I won 2 other such battles earlier, then I had a better start. All the other teams I met wire either less evolved or non-gob.

Let me guess, that Charl guy right? They’ve come in busting down my kingdoms doors a good 6-7 times these past few days. You can tell they’ve been playing a lot as of late.

If it didn’t cost a measly 50 gold for a 50/50 chance or so of winning over 2k gold I would’ve skipped those revenges. Lucky for them they’re worth so darn much. :moneybag::yum::moneybag:

1 Like