Give us a chance to get Older Weapons

You should give us a chance to get the older weapons for the players who don’t have them. That would be amazing

28 Likes

I like it, too…but they already said they not gonna do it!

When was that? Last I heard they were still working on it but they won’t be available for gems again.

In some qna stream a while ago…yeah they still possible to get via real money, but sadly not free and I thought you meant “free”

1 Like

There is like 50 odd posts for this but every single one gets my support until we see that day, money or not 🖒

1 Like

This is the new dumbest aspect of the game. It’s completely unfair to newbies and honestly while it’s set up as it is I don’t recommend people start Gems of War.

15 Likes

Same.

“Oh so delves are neat how do you do them?”

“Do you have Earth’s Fury?”

“No.”

“Yasmine’s Pride?”

“No.”

“… Mang?”

“N-”

“Quit.”

20 Likes

This is very disheartening to see, especially from two vets that I respect. But, after taking a hiatus from the game… I can’t help but feel that the opinions are not without merit.
There is a steep… I can’t say learning curve, lets call it a collection curve and if there are pieces of that collection that are simply NOT available, then yes… this is a game that seems far too “daunting” to BEGIN now.

I hope the devs do listen to the vets on the boards and consider implementing some of these changes.

After all, if your most entrenched, devoted player base like @Slypenslyde and @Shimrra are not ENCOURAGING new players… perhaps that says something…

Something… REALLY important…

:man_shrugging:

Just sayin’

9 Likes

The weapons are the only insurmountable hurdle.

The troops are burdensome to get, but I think it’s always been true if you don’t plan on playing GoW for more than 6 months it’s better not to start anyway. That part’s actually kind of good, I feel most F2P games only expect to hold you 2-3 months so I see it as a selling point that GoW tries to entice people to have anniversaries.

But the weapons are practically impossible to get. There is no set rotation. It’s completely random. There are at least half a dozen meta-relevant weapons, but only one per week is available in Soulforge and only one per week is on sale for $4.99. I know enthusiastic newbies that are constantly frustrated because the answer to, “How can I improve my event team?” always involves weapons that there’s no guarantee they’ll ever get.

That makes the game a no-buy in my opinion, I don’t understand why it’s stuck around so long. Divine Protector was the first problem and they used a band-aid to hush the players. Now there are at least five problems. Solving these problems means I believe a new player can be competitive (given enough time). Without it, GoW is a game for veterans only.

(Soulforge and a rotation aren’t the only problems. If events offer “functional reprints” of old weapons that sort of counts. It won’t make current players happy, though. I don’t really care what the solution is so long as I feel like I can tell a new player if they invest a year wisely they can compete.)

12 Likes

I think its pretty important for a collection game that it actually be possible to collect everything. That should go without saying … People don’t want to ask how to get something and be told “you can’t.”

14 Likes

There’s also the utterly oppressive paywall to consider in this special case. If the old event weapons follow the Divine Protector approach they are going to cost five bucks each, and there are dozens of them by now. “Sorry, F2P players only get access to troops, collecting event weapons to make your hero more viable will cost you a few hundred bucks” doesn’t tend to go down well. If I had known the game would take this direction back when I started I wouldn’t even have touched the install button.

7 Likes

I agree there should be a way to either forge or unlock these weapons (or both). Especially the weapons like Rope Dart and Sky Hero that were only available during specific events. The soulforge barely has any options for weapons. Why not just make all these old weapons craftable? Gives us each something to strive for to strengthen our unique strategies. On top of that, why not have players unlock the weapons at specific gem masteries similar to Mang so that leveling feels a little more rewarding? I still feel as if 100 mastery of every color should yield some specific weapon.

4 Likes

Nooooo! Don’t do it devs! I need something to feel special about, and what’s more special than having shiny things that others don’t have and can’t get? I mean dawnbringer and xathenos are so last year now that everyone is getting them… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

This has been requested many times before:

1. Old Event weapons in the Soulforge
  2. New Player's Rant: Give Us a Way to Get Those Weapons
  3. Bring back the Old weapons
  4. Soulforge Needs to be Updated

The common idea in these threads is to:

• Put them in the soul forge
  • Sell every kingdom’s weapon for $4.99 each time it rolls around. This would reduce it from a 70 week cycle to get flammifer to a 35 week cycle.
  • Create a “weapon shop” and have various weapons sold there.

A good solution would involve something that is fair to F2P players, those wanting to spend some money to support the game, and takes into account veteran’s emotions of being with the game for so long (which has often been cited as a reason these weapons are so hard to come by).

I have made various community managers aware of our pleas for access to the weapons, even asked it in several dev Q&A twitch streams, and they have claimed that they’re working on a solution.
I’ve yet to see an actual response to this in any of these threads, though. Until then, I guess we continue to make these posts to let them know how important this issue is to us, and a solution is desperately wanted sooner rather than later.

Until this is solved, many newer players who have found this game are often feeling like they can never catch up and are oppressed by veterans with access to these really powerful weapons. This could cost the game potential paying customers because they feel even if they spend money, they’ll still not have the ability to obtain these key weapons.

18 Likes

I think so this does need to happen because i personally think it’s ridiculous that certain weapons only can be purchased with actual money instead of hard earned gems and somehow be rewarded too through hard works and efforts we put into them.

1 Like

Even for the players willing to pay $5 the cycle is far more than 70 weeks now. We now have 140~ legendary weapons and 60~ epic weapons (yes the weekly offered $5 weapon include the epic ones).

I think the best solution would be: put all weapons of one kingdom a week in the Soulforge for F2P players (a 35~ weeks cycle), and make a weapon shop with all event weapons for others.

6 Likes

You had your chance but you blew it. Sorry I had to.

Hopefully the devs will listen soon and address this, it’s currently the #1 reason preventing newer players from being competitive at the events…

Yes, I also discourage new players from starting the game for 2 reasons:

• No way to get so many good weapons;
  • No catch up mechanism for newer players while the things to do just pile up.

I played the game for almost 2 years and I miss a bunch of weapons that I’ll probably never get, miss most of the mythic troops and I barely have 4 or 5 kingdoms to max stars. And I started in a period where delves were not a thing so it was easier to focus on kingdoms only.

A newer player will be overwhelmed by the things he needs to do. He’ll never catch up with the current veterans and this is a bad thing in a game. You want the period it takes to reach end-game to be sort of constant in time regardless of how much content you’re adding. Each new mythic added exponentially increases the time it takes to collect all mythic troops, for example. And we get one each month.

So from my point of view this is a game for veterans and new players are better to stay away from it otherwise it will be quite frustrating.

1 Like

What i don’t understand is that there is an appetite for these weapons yet devs take no action.

Even the F2P players in our guilds have shown intentions of spending cash to purchase the weapons if they came to the shop.

Please can we give some serious thoughts on this and soon?

2tk4xr

6 Likes