Old Event weapons in the Soulforge

I’m not sure if I’m the only one, but I believed that the Crafting will include all the old Event weapons… But it’s not…

Why the old event weapons are not available for Crafting?

15 Likes

I thought it would have been a perfect place to reintroduce these, myself. Then again, crafting turned out to be a lot more limited than I had imagined it would be, so I’m not too surprised the weapons are not there.

Yep just missing Fire & Ice and Eggsplosion - would craft those in a second just to complete my collection.

1 Like

Anyone know when the last time this was in the shop? I have waited like crazy for this one…

1 Like

I don’t think it ever offered as a $4.99 bundle, same with the Egg. There was a brief period where the old weapons cost $15, I skipped those :wink:

2 Likes

I thought about these old Event weapons - the SoulForge could be used in the future to create upgraded Mythic versions. For example, let’s take Fire & Ice. If you craft F&I and also have Summer Fury and Winter Woe in your Inventory for the low cost of 500K Souls you can forge:

Heat and Snow Miser (20 Red/Blue/Green) - Deal [Magic + 2] damage to all enemies, boosted by enemies that have Freeze and/or Burn status effect in their spell or trait description. Freeze and Burn all enemies.

I’m super crappy at creating Lore but here goes:
There were these two Elemental DemiGod half-brothers who simply could not get along because they were opposites and whatnot. Their mother Yasmine was fed up and sent Ragnagord with some summer and winter imps to steal their respective weapons. Mission Accomplished, she took Summer Fury and Winters Woe to the lowest-bid RuneSmith and had Fire & Ice created. Hoping this set of blades would forge an alliance between the two brothers Yasmine presented this gift to them. They witnessed Fire & Ice and found it to be mediocre. She was like all “OK now what”! Then one of the imps who was a trickster at heart suggested “Take this junk to SparkGrinder, he can fix anything”! Thus after an explosion that took out half his lab, Heat & Snow Miser was forged!

The official answer is @Saltypatra doesn’t know but would ask.

I was expecting this too. also missing the egg myself

I always fancied staff of madness myself.

Is there anything new to this topic? [needs a push!]
I had a break for about 5 month missing some of the good weapons as Eath’s Fury, Divine Protector or Hope’s Crescent and their is no way to get them now. Soulforge seems to be the perfect place for it.
Maybe we can get 3 random weapons (as it is with mythic troops right now) per week so we get a chance to obtain thoose without waiting for the next event in the associated kingdoms and hoping it will be still available…
And please don’t say we have to buy it in the shop for 5 Euros or something like that as it was available for ingame recources earlier …

Please make this happen!

Thx a lot!

3 Likes

The divine protector is in shop this week. I don’t believe it will be in soulforge, at least soon. Because the people who brought it $5 will be sad and would ruine the enthusiasm of in-game purchase. I missed the DP as well. So I brought it without a thought.

Bumping this old thread because it is now much more relevant these days. There are so many event weapons that newer players cannot obtain.

A 4-Legendary weapon rotation similar to the 4 Legendary and 4 Mythic troops now would be perfect.

2 Likes

I’ve been saying that since the day I started playing. Even if they just increase the number that rotate through the store or forge I would be happy. There’s to many high caliber weapons that are unavailable to people who weren’t even playing when the weapons were available.

2 Likes

The last response I heard is that they are available occasionally on rotation in the Shop, and there are no plans to introduce them to the Soulforge. I’d been keen to have them available again in the Soulforge or similar, though - and I know some people have requested they be available in the Shop more frequently at the very least.

1 Like

Bumping more of this topic …

Could really use this system in place. For the collectors.

2 Likes

The devs’ stance on this was made rather clear on the last dev Q&A stream. One shot to buy each weapon with gems or craft with diamonds/jewels during that weapon’s launch week. After that, everything moves to the cash shop, where once in the shop is there permanently. Same logic applies to the original event weapons that originated in the cash shop.

There are a number of gameplay reasons for this, such as creating artificial weekly gem sinks and the future kingdom star roadblock that will hard wall off players if they aren’t buying the weekly weapon releases.

That said, the devs’ logic here is likely that eventually there will be more than enough weapons for each kingdom, given enough time and events. To play catch-up is going to require cash purchases, especially when the “right” kingdom finally hosts an event after multiple months of waiting and the needed backlog of weapons shows up for a single week in the cash shop.

Not sure that rotating weapons in the forge would prevent many players from buying the weapon tier in the event shop. In the event shop, you also get other goodies so the weapon itself is usually pretty cheap. If you don’t get it from the event shop, you’d probably pay more in the soulforge and could have a long wait to get the chance.

Old weapons only showing in the cash shop is too P2W for my taste. Imagine going without Yasmine’s Pride or Divine Protector.

1 Like

Regarding the rotation of the cash shop weapons that’s a very asinine approach, collectors who are willing to buy these weapons for U$ 4.99 should AT LEAST have them available at all times.

It’s not a promotional sale with a discount, the only thing the devs are achieving right now is not being able to earn money while also risking that people will lose the interest in using money for such weapons.

If they want to gate this content behing a paywall it’s 500% fine by me, it just feels very dumb to also put a “window of opportunitty” gate on such things because we only need to buy it once, they can’t drive us into a shopping frenzy for multiple copies like it’s done in other F2P games.

I only hope they rework the Shop Interface and put out all Weapon Bundles available as well as bundles for multiple purchases of troops and whatnot like i suggested before: In-game shop rework - #4 by Bobzilla34

4 Likes

That’s the exact logic that is driving the design decisions behind how weapons are handled currently. Buy those weapons now, else if those weapons become meta later, then it will cost cash to go back and obtain them at a later unknown date.

It’s the same logic as camping the glory shop weekly for specific traitstones, just substituting weapons instead.

4.3 is supposed to be a major patch. We’ll have to see what the fallout from that will be regarding the weapon and shop situation.

1 Like