Gifts (12 days)

Maybe they’ll give us trait-stones or keys on the following days.

The upcoming troops are sure to be useful for many players in early game.
3 Deckhands, hmmm, the devs mind work in mysterious ways, but we already knew that :grinning:
Four what I wonder???

1 Like

Penguins?
Why not have gw troops?

1 Like

“Four crimson bats” has the right meter :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, you did get a troop with wings at least…

A perennial fan favorite with a one-shot spell that is worse than many spells without the restriction :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Well, there’s a common. I heard people wanted commons right?

3 Likes

It’s the psychology of it. You receive a gift with hopeful anticipation of something cool, then you find out it’s something you can’t really use. Suppose someone you knew gave you 12 gifts before Christmas. You open them only to find out that each was a penny or a nickel. Sure, you now have an extra few cents, but why go through all that trouble and anticipation only to be disappointed? While you now have more than you started with, the negative feelings associated with it are worse than the benefit of increasing your pocket change. Worse still is that these gifts are digital- they don’t cost them anything whatsoever (other than a small amount of labor to set it up). The thought is nice, but when there are already lots of complaints about metas and ui changes, you would think they could be a tad more generous.

7 Likes

Then take it in the spirit it’s obviously intended which is to mostly benefit newer, lower activity, and lower level players. Instead of complaining about or making fun of the gifts to cheapen them for those who can appreciate them, how about not say anything at all? If people are truly unhappy or disappointed by them, the silence will speak to the devs as much as the the jibes, but without the side affect of bringing down others.

Do you really honestly think the devs think mid to high level players would be ecstatic about these??? Besides, there are still 8 more to come…

@Veritas1967 I’m not singling you out here, you were just the last person to post and easiest to respond to. This is meant to be a blanket statement.

12 Likes

Agreed. A reasonable person would conclude that the gifts would get better, the closer the date approaches Christmas.

It would be somewhat silly to think that the best gifts would be sent out before the Christmas event event starts. But, I guess, the “12 days (before) Christmas” had to start before the actual event to make it thematically fit, even if the gifts have been a bit lackluster so far.

4 Likes

Well I am an end game player and I am having fun with it. I like gifts. :gift:.
Tis the season to be jolly, fa, la, la, la la, la la :christmas_tree:

10 Likes

As an Endgame player, I welcome this marketing attempt aimed at new players.

3 Likes

4 Brawling Birds!! I love it! :laughing:

1 Like

These gifts are no use to me but will be helpful to newer players and people that haven’t ascended them yet.

I was happy with the Dragon Turtles though

1 Like

Played captain skullbeard, scylla, hammerhead and the mighty deckhand this morning and managed to beat a few meta teams and complete the dungeons. So I thought I would chip in with this nugget!

3 Likes

No offence taken, you’re just expressing your opinion! I was only trying to answer the question of why someone might complain… I do understand that lower level players are more likely to benefit, but honestly- 3 deckhands and 4 rocs? If you play the game for more than an hour you already have better troops. The dragon turtle was reasonable, for sure, though I am unlikely to use it.

I am not upset about anything, it’s just that I try to look at things in a practical way. If I were in charge of the gifts, I would want the majority of players to be happy with them. Why not throw in a glory or gem key with each one, so at least all levels will have a chance at something useful? Like I said, it doesn’t really cost them anything and it would generate more excitement for all players, which is good for all involved.

Of course there are many days left, so we shall see what comes…

6 Likes

While it may not cost them anything, it can through out the entire economy of the game, which is why things like the gems being removed from LT tasks, and task rewards in general, have been changed. Randomly giving everyone even 1 gem key a day for 12 days, is a lot of free gems worth of stuff.

Keeping it to a lower level cards minimises that, helps people collect cards to mythic them if they still need to, and gives out free things to people.

They could give out 1 common card a day, and id be fine with it. Its Christmas, and as i teach my kids, its the fact that you got a gift that counts, not what it contains. Focus on that, rather than the contents.

4 Likes

As a few people have already mentioned in this thread, the 12 days of Christmas are not just aimed at end-game players. (Though we thought you’d be happily surprised with an additional Mongo!)

We did have a lot of fun putting together the 12 days of Christmas gifts, so we hope you enjoy the upcoming troops. Also, we are aware that these aren’t the correct 12 days of Christmas, but hey, we wanted to do a giveaway with a sick jingle in the lead up to Christmas. :ghost::alien::robot::poop::heart_eyes:

8 Likes

@salty free troop is nice but free keys are also nice, just saying :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

What do you all think the next gift will be???

5x paesants is my guess

1 Like