Gems of Streaming

She threatened me with a dusty stick! (support joke)

Unfortunately we can’t learn Chinese, but perhaps we can look into Subtitles for the stream

@Saltypatra @Cyrup Hi all, new member of the forum here, just signed up to ask you something. I live in a time zone where you stream while I sleep, so I can’t catch any codes. Why is there the maximum use limit even if codes are one-use-only for players? Please make them last 24 hours from stream, so everybody in the world can use them and not getting the “sorry maximum uses reached” annoyng thing.

Thanks for listening and sorry if you already answered question like this one.

2 Likes

Hello @Mozza, unfortunately, we have no plans to make the codes redeemable for a time period. They are limited use and will likely stay that way. Our codes are made to benefit our stream viewrs. However, @Tacet streams at different times and also releases codes.

1 Like

thats A pretty solution.:grin:

@Saltypatra I don’t want to seem rude but you are saying that giving codes only to stream watchers is a benefit only for players that live in a certain part of the world. Basically streaming at that hour, you lose all europe players more or less and we european players lose all the codes. I wouldn’t be so bothered if you hide some game functions behind a pay wall, I agree absolutely with the freemium play style of mobile games, but thinks like this should not be restricted to a part of playerbase.

Basically you are saying: sorry if you live in another part of the world, to compensate this, players that live in the right part gets a bonus (even if small).

You also can give the chance to other players to get the codes even if they are expired like make them paying some small amount of resources, like 1-5 gems or 100 glory once a week, if you want to mantain this “right-timezone-benefit”.

1 Like

Unfortunately, we cannot change our streaming schedule at this point in time. I know many European players that get a guild mate living in another timezone to redeem the codes for them, which is a neat work around. We also have many players who watch early in the morning, or work night shifts in Europe and are therefore awake to redeem the codes.

As I said earlier, our codes are a thank you to those that are participating in our stream live. We aren’t obliged to give them out, but they are a nice way to say thank you to those who watch us. As these codes are a way to say thank you, I do not believe that they are gated content. If we start to stream more often at different times, there will be different players redeeming our codes. This may happen in the future, as I am currently looking at my streaming schedule in the hopes of doing 2 or even 3 a week! However, if we consistently get the most viewers in one timeslot over another, we will likely move to that time exclusively.

5 Likes

Is Steve Fawkner (I hope I spelled this name correctly) still with you?

Probably. I feel like we’d have heard something if not.

2 Likes

He’s the CEO.

@Saltypatra so you are telling me that codes are only a bonus for watching streams but I can have a mate redeem it for me even if I don’t watch streams. Seems like a bit of a contraddiction. This is a really good game, but you are not seeing some problems, like some very very VERY overpowered troops, the current inability to get weapons for players that joined late, no extra freebies for people such unfortunate that can’t watch streams (but hey, if you have a buddy who gets codes for you, this doesn’t count champ!)

Please try to see what community is telling you. Instead of teasing gif of new map (that everyone will see when the game gets updated), reconsider the power level of some troops, let us have the possibility to get older weapons. Explain us some choiche you’ve made (like the 50g for changing class that is a bit ridiculous when there is class event and inv-raid events).

Thanks for reading, have a great day.

1 Like

I have an avatar of a ferret made out of felt, therefore i’m 125% innocent of everything. Only Handsome Joe could top that:

Seems like i’m unable to watch the live streams with my current connection, which is odd… I’ll try to figure out this issue.

1 Like

Not a big fan of the carrot-spoiler to attract new viewers.
I don’t really understand what kind of viewers you expect to have with this kind of method :thinking:.

17 Likes

Exactly, im not watching streams anymore.

3 Likes

Carrots are normally always good because they are associated with bunnies on a common basis, but in this case I have to agree.:wink::rabbit:

New people will come to a stream because there’s something that interests them. In this case, an announced spoiler. And if they like the stream, it’s likely they will come back. Now, the stream is an hour long and it’s possible that new people at first come JUST for the spoiler, find the stream super-fun and become regulars. That’s how it should be in the ideal case and how it is most times (with new mythic troop previews, for example - I checked in the Salty-Stream for the first time back then because there was an announcement of a troop preview I wanted to see).

But attracting people with something like a spoiler and then not showing it leads to disappointment. People who work often have maybe 2-3 hours of time in the evening, also depending on if they have kids, a significant other and so on. For some people - quite a lot, I would say - making a whole hour of time is difficult. Especially depending on the timezone. So let’s say they make the time just to watch the stream and then don’t see what they want to see because of a condition they have no control over (which viewer numbers are - I have no control over how many people watch besides bringing myself). One hour wasted. And even if the stream is fun, why would they come back if they don’t get to see what they came for in the first place? If someone baits you to try a new food product by announcing free samples, you come over and they suddenly say “Yeah, sorry, not enough people wanted to try it so you don’t get any”… I would deem it unlikely that people will think of that product neutrally or positively since their first contact with it was them being disappointed. I’d say they rather buy a new product they had not been promised samples of then because there’s no hard feelings attached to a completely blank slate.

In my opinion, don’t tease people like that. Announce things you will preview for sure. And if you want to link spoilers to viewer numbers for some reason, then do that without announcement as a surprise for people in the stream if the number is reached as a bonus.

7 Likes

Exactly this.

I can’t really express how much I dislike the spoiler dangling carrot. It’s extremely disappointing to take time out of your day to sit down for an hour long stream to see a spoiler and then have that spoiler not appear because of something you can’t control. To make matters worse, this happened two weeks in a row.

14 Likes

Teasing us spoilers for viewers is lame. It’s not fun and just makes people mad.

4 Likes

Favorite this coment so Salty can realese the spoiler!

Nope, sorry. Not until it gets 250 likes, 150 replies, and at least 14 threads built around it. Only then are we allowed to see a static image that we will never truly explore.

2 Likes

Will you PLEASSSSSSEEEEEE stop being so PUNING!!!

4 Likes