Gems of Streaming

this bait package, does it give one bait to all guild members or only the buyer?

Only the buyer gets it.

With that $20 price tag attached it should at the very least allow the player to pick the pet to be rescued.

3 Likes

What happens if a pet rescue is already active? Bait is not consumed, player receives two white pet food?

1 Like

The way she states it is quite dangerously lacking one important fact. If you lose the pvp match when the bait is active, you lose the bait and you don’t get to trigger the pet rescue. (also demonstrated unintentionally on stream)

Otherwise it was said on stream:

If there is a pet rescue active, the bait won’t be used.
If another player triggers a pet rescue before you trigger yours, it won’t be used up.
Multiple Pet Gnome Baits can be held, even though the package can only be bought once a week.

2 Likes

In which way won’t it be used? Will the pet gnome show up? Will killing the pet gnome still award the two white pet food you currently get for killing pet gnomes while a pet rescue is active? If that’s the case, $20 will essentially grant players and infinite source of easily obtainable white pet food.

It wouldn’t be possible to have an infinite source of white food unless you really dislike your guildmates. Somebody’s pet gnome bait is getting used up since the Pet Gnome will only show up if there’s no active pet rescue. Pure speculation since they didnt actually show that interaction off on stream.

If you can coordinate multiple people to play with their pet gnome bait while someone else uses their bait, then kudos. They still made the guild bundle elite sale off of each you for essentially a few pieces of food at a time.

Trophies for Explore :eyes:
Ohhhh Baby yes. Really good change. :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:
had just lost the desire a little but this Update give me more Power to play again stronger.

So the bait doesn’t guarantee pet rescue, just a pet gnome? Meaning that if someone uses bait, takes a few minutes to finish the match, someone else finds and beats a random pet gnome in between, the bait will essentially be lost? And if two players both use bait to trigger pet gnomes, both will lose their bait, with the first one of them to finish their match activating the pet rescue?

I could see this working with bait directly activating a pet rescue whenever there isn’t one already running. A pet gnome getting added to the next battle, with all kinds of special rules attached? There’s either a huge opportunity for exploits or disappointment here, depending on how it got implemented.

If another player triggers a pet rescue before you trigger yours, it won’t be used up.

It being the pet gnome bait.

This really depends on what “triggers a pet rescue” means. Would this chain of events be possible?

1.) Use bait, start battle that now contains a guaranteed pet gnome.
2.) Wait for another guild member to stumble over a pet gnome and activate a pet rescue.
3.) Kill own gnome to receive two white pet food without using up bait.

If yes, that’s a lot of free pet food for anybody holding on to bait in a somewhat well organized guild.

Salty wanted to hear some positive feedback about 4.7. While it’s hard to give useful feedback about resource acquisition and management (more, good! less, bad!), I’ll bite:

• The new guild guardian release is being handled pretty well. Super jazzed about drops ending at mythic+4 for these (especially great that you are making this retroactive for the existing guardians). Troop acquisition is a big source of RNG annoyance, and cutting down on this is a good thing. That’s what made releasing new troops through factions such an improvement - you generally can target what you want, and minimize all the crap you have to sift through compared to opening overworld chests.

• The fact that the new guild guardians look like they might be usable is also a good thing. Of course, the current guild guardians were good once upon a time too, and I fear that the new ones could get nerfed into oblivion, but it’s good to have new troops that are usable. For four of the troop types, the guardians will be major additions, and I can’t count out the Naga and Urska ones joining them in being useful.

• The 27/30 GW change is a nice improvement, helping smooth out some of the luck swings that can happen. I also like the extra perk for winning a bracket, makes the placements for guilds outside of the top 10 more meaningful.

Honorable Mention: Adding the level 50 delve to be always be available. Having less ways for players to shoot themselves in the foot is a good thing.

While more transparency at the outset would’ve been better (particularly on the actual reasons behind the change, and the fact that community feedback was being solicited; the v3 post was a major step in the right direction), I do think the epic task fiasco was handled overall pretty well. Delivering bad news is not easy, and I like that steps were taken to give players maximum notice. And though it’s unfortunate that it took three rounds, telling players that it was about capturing tied up value in LTs showed laudable openness to the player base.

1 Like

Yes, but the guild that finished 10th came in last, while the other guild won their bracket. And for all the guilds not in the top bracket, this new system will at least give some reward for winning. 10th place can try winning bracket 2 next wars if they feel cheated.

As for all the dead guilds, they shouldn’t get the same rewards as those making the climb.

They finished last against the 9 best guild wars opponents in the game that month. While 11th placed competed against the 11th-20th best guild wars guilds in the game. Lesser opponents shouldn’t net you higher rewards.

Well when they drop to next bracket then they can get the 50 Gems from winning. The solution is stay in bracket 1 and top 3 or so spots is best.

Hypothetically speaking, a “top guild” could blow itself up after a ToD event, and lose half its player base. This “Hypothetical Guild” (or HG for short), would finish 10th, and drop only one bracket. Most losers drop 2, but let’s not punish HG too much. The next war, still out matched, HG finishes 20, then 40, then 60. Their Gem rewards under the old system would be 200, 125, 125, and 100. HG’s total for coming in last in 4 wars is 550 gems.

Now take my Guild, winners of Bracket 24, 38, 47, 59, 76, and 84. (we finished 2nd in 88). 50 gems x2, 25 x 5 (including the 2nd place finish. 225 gems in 7 wars compared to HG’s 550 in 4, despite the fact we have 30 participants and they, well, not so much. Hypothetically speaking.

The 10th place team receives the same rewards as 11-19. They do not receive a WIN bonus. They would have to win in order to receive that. Hopefully the 10th place team does not self-destruct as the HG in my example. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

And if the GW Brackets are similar on PC/Mobile, the top 6 guilds rarely change, and the 9th and 10th guilds will be back the following wars after finishing 11/12 in the next one. After this new, requested 27/30 participation, if a guild fails, it is their own fault. No more excuses. For the Horde.

6 Likes

Lol, that is all

3 Likes

Wait I think that actually did happen hypothetically of course. Anything referenced in the example that matches real life is purely a coincidence and was not intended. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Updated our streaming schedule for the next few weeks. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If possible, could someone please ask @saltypatra how brackets will be seeded under the new 27/30 scoring. I will be unable to attend the viewing party, but I would really like to know.

We moved up from 24 to 16, after scoring 1.21 million points (down from 1.31 the previous war). But our overall score would have beaten the top 3 guilds from brackets 23 thru 25. So, is it overall score, % of bracket, a bit of both?

We’ll have to earn our victory this time, as the Bracket 30 and 18 winners also are in b16. The b17 runner-up remains in b17 tho. I thought the 2nd place guild moves up 1. Were they on double secret probation?

One thing is for certain: All b16 participants will earn less gems than the HG in my previous example, as they possibly finish 80th. Thanks for adding the bracket win bonus to those guilds that earn it. I’m ok with it not being us. I just hope we get to vs the other 2 previous winners (1/3 chance we won’t). Gives us a chance, Precious.

Any information provided is greatly appreciated. Thank you.