Gems of Streaming

Was it mentioned if Delves provide trophies? Is this also scaled with difficulty?

I interpret her statements to be that both the new guild guardians and the epic tasks will not be available until the start of the next game week (i.e Monday) after the update lands.

She does make your point as well. So, there is a contradiction in her clarification.

@Saltypatra, which is correct, that the new guild guardians will be added to guild chests at the forced update point in time, or at the start of the next event week?

51:50 in the stream is when trophy talk starts. I dont remember delves being specifically mentioned but they said anything except test pvp fights I believe.

It does scale with difficulty in both challenges and explore. not sure about challenges but explore are 1 for 1-4, 2 for 5-8, and 3 for 9-12.

Just want to make sure that we all understand the 27/30 clarification and there is no confusion.

Highest score at end of day will win and any changes will count towards weekly total, but wont effect who won that day.

The top 27 scores is a threshold basically. Top 27 scores for the day are counted, anything less is ignored and will only work towards the total score for end of week.

So if you only have 10 people do their fights on Tuesday, and then the other 20 people do their Tuesday fights on say Saturday cause they are working and cant game during the week, that means that when the 30 fights are complete, the bottom 3 scores for that day will be ignored.

OR

Is it that the bottom 3 scores that are played on that day are ignored.

Follow up question:

For those that fall into the bottom 3 of a day, will their scores still show as their total score on the Roster page in GW, or will it not add those scores to their totals?

1 Like

My datamining suggests that there is only one task for Writing Writs, at Ultra-Rare.

1 Like

Didn’t remember it being spoken about on the stream.
Don’t see it in the beta patch notes.

Did some quick testing on beta, it’s a flat 1 trophy regardless of difficulty level. :frowning:

Interesting, if that holds up in the final release. I guess if that is the case, the number is just for consistency purposes with other tasks on the AB :man_shrugging:

Not at all? Or will it just be done correctly and reflect the actual damage done?

Thanks for the summary, Lyrian! Excellent, as always :heart:

2 Likes

For example, during green day, the top 27 scores played that day are compared with the other team to determine a winner for that day.

However, say player X didn’t play green day. So, he had a bottom 3 score of 0. On Saturday, he plays and gets a high score. Now, his score is updated for green day and someone elses score is thrown out.

In other words, when it comes to the end of the week score, the lowest 3 scores constantly updates as players scores come in. So, a guild isn’t penalized if players play matches later in the week (as it concerns 27/30 changes)

7 Likes

When (okay if) the patch launches within the next 48 hours then the update should be forced within the next 7 days.
Am I understanding correctly that GW and Guild Guardian changes won’t take effect until Invasions week then?
Can the update be forced a few days after release like they did with 4.6.5?

Thats how I understood it, just wanted to make sure, cause has been plenty of times that we have thought something worked 1 way to find out it worked a different way lol

1 Like

It is an important info to your good post:
If someone now farms on 20 and thinks now he can do the same on 50 AND maximise his rewon in his (now) Underworld Farm, he will lose the x1 multiplier.

The more an more i read, i like 4.7, because i never was a fan of LTs (without the 8 gem keys everything ist useless for me). 2000 Seals, GW 27 Update, Trophies everywhere are good. Epic Tasks are ok, but a little bit more guild managment to prior them.

I didnt really get the “Pet Gnome Bait”:
Is he only buyable or can i get him also in other game modes (like other gnomes except the pet gnome who is pvp exclusive)?

You can only get the bait via the purchase in the guild shop.

The 1st PvP fight after that with no active pet, will force a pet gnome to appear for a pet the same as a normal 1, but will be unable to run away

Thanks, so also this gnome doesnt solve the pet bottleneck :sleepy:

4 Likes

Yeah, I wonder if the baited gnome could be coded so that the pet it triggers is one the player doesn’t have at mythic. That way there is a greater incentive to buy these packs for yourself.

4 Likes

Writs are likely to be craftable in a future update.

I hear they’ll call it the scrollforge.

4 Likes

With a weapon like Rope Dart, the target’s armor is stripped and then the direct damage component of the weapon triggers the reflect damage.

2 Likes

Not a bad idea but I don’t know who would pay $20 for a pet rescue even if it was one they still don’t have at mythic. Basically you would be paying $20 for 1-2 copies of a pet you need. You can buy copies in the pet rescue shop for approx 100 gems each.

Kinda confirms it’s a “we’re forcibly slowing down your resource gains” change, so at least we get that answer, I guess.

Sucks to have tokens/badges gated behind Explores when the stupid amount of extra clicks makes you not want to play the mode to begin with.

Another Key nerf? Only half serious, don’t worry! But, the perk to these purchases was always the guild-wide benefit and “15 gifts” only gives something to half of the guild. Not going to count the random pet as a guild-wide perk because those can be triggered for free within the game already.

Pet Gnome Bait should be craftable in the Soulforge. It would be an interesting option for those of us with Diamond surpluses.

With that out of the way…I can actually say nice things too when they’re earned!

This is nice and will let players build up more seals if an orb is used before hitting the seal cap.

Since winning the bracket means moving to another bracket, this shouldn’t be able to be abused, so a tentative thumbs-up here too for sweetening the pot for winning a bit.

2 Likes

You would be paying $20 for the chance to spend gems getting that pet to mythic. The 1+ copies you get for free are irrelevant compared to the ability to finally buy the 10 copies of Mini-Maw you needed.

Correct me if I’m wrong please.
But I believe prior to 4.7
A guild that finishes in 10th place gets the same rewards as the guild that finishes in 11th place during Guild Wars.
As of 4.7 11th place will receive 50 more gems than 10th place.
That seems incredibly odd.
Is that intended or an “Umm we didn’t think about that”?
@Saltypatra