Unfair GW bracket shift

While it is difficult to judge movements between two independent brackets, to say nobody gets treated unfairly is not necessarily a true statement. It appears that the max a guild can drop is two brackets. So while winners in lower brackets may jump more than one or two brackets by a yet undetermined system, a dead guild can clog up advancement for second and or third place finishers.

By looking at the rankings of guilds in the brackets above and below in the current war, I can see a second place guild that failed to advance into our bracket because there were three bracket winners placed in the same bracket above it. I say “placed” because it seems this is another attempt to impede player progression in another phase of the game.

The previous 2 wars, our guild has also faced two bracket winners, while the brackets above and below had no winners 3 times and only 1 winner the fourth. This could be an attempt by Developers to ensure all guilds get a fair shake at winning every now and again. Or it could just be random mathematical bracketology.

What I find unfair is the fact that dead/dying guilds are able to linger near the top and reap rewards despite having 15, 6, or even sometimes only 3 members. Why should a second place guild ever fail to advance at least one bracket? If need be, drop a dead guild more than two…

As for the rewards of the GW Bracket system, all one need do is look at the following Hypothetical Guild to determine if anything is “unfair”. Thank you for your time:

1 Like