Gems of Streaming

Hypothetically speaking, a “top guild” could blow itself up after a ToD event, and lose half its player base. This “Hypothetical Guild” (or HG for short), would finish 10th, and drop only one bracket. Most losers drop 2, but let’s not punish HG too much. The next war, still out matched, HG finishes 20, then 40, then 60. Their Gem rewards under the old system would be 200, 125, 125, and 100. HG’s total for coming in last in 4 wars is 550 gems.

Now take my Guild, winners of Bracket 24, 38, 47, 59, 76, and 84. (we finished 2nd in 88). 50 gems x2, 25 x 5 (including the 2nd place finish. 225 gems in 7 wars compared to HG’s 550 in 4, despite the fact we have 30 participants and they, well, not so much. Hypothetically speaking.

The 10th place team receives the same rewards as 11-19. They do not receive a WIN bonus. They would have to win in order to receive that. Hopefully the 10th place team does not self-destruct as the HG in my example. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

And if the GW Brackets are similar on PC/Mobile, the top 6 guilds rarely change, and the 9th and 10th guilds will be back the following wars after finishing 11/12 in the next one. After this new, requested 27/30 participation, if a guild fails, it is their own fault. No more excuses. For the Horde.

6 Likes