Gemologica: evolved progress tracking for GoW

I love the side.

I have a question: The Task-Analyzer shows the names of Kingdoms, Troops and so on in the language I select on the gowdb-side.
It is possible to change the language on Gemologica (for example with a parameter in the URL or a setting on the side)?

Absolutely love the site, been fantastic to figure out what stuff I can work on next to upgrade my kingdoms.

One question: is there a way to see where you still have troops left to trait up (ignoring future kingdom power upgrades) quickly & easily, ignoring if you have enough traitstones? (as in, so I can target farm the stones)

@Bee2020 Support for other languages is on my to do list. Thanks for voicing your interest!
@dank-o There is no easy way to see this right now, you can only check the tooltips on “Trait X troops” tasks in the preview. I’m planning to add the columns “Troops at level 20” and “Troops traited” to the kingdom section, which should help with this. Thanks for the suggestion!

4 Likes

Absolutely brilliant work @ElDuderino! Thank you so much for your hard work and… genius! :smiley:

2 Likes

Update!

• There is now a more compact, “vertical” task preview (shown as a tooltip on the new “preview” column). The old, horizontal layout is also still available. (Thanks @TheIdleOne for the idea)
  • All previews show the actual power level the tasks are for
  • Added columns showing the totals and complete lists (in the tooltip) of troops at level 20, fully traited troops and medaled troops for each kingdom (thanks @dank-o) for the suggestion)

As always, any feedback is appreciated.

11 Likes

Wonderful work!!!

1 Like

Fantastic update @ElDuderino! Loving the new columns & preview!
Cheers!

1 Like

Great site! Just switched over from the Firefox addon. One issue I’m having is I noticed that both the Gemologica site and the addon don’t seem to refresh my Souls count. I had about 20,000 Souls, spent a bunch and dropped to about 1,000 ~15 minutes ago, but both the addon and Gemologica are still telling me I have the ~2400 Souls required to power it up. I’ve tried refreshing the site and opening/closing the game but it still tells me I have enough. This is for PC/Mobile (iOS).

I don’t remember this issue previously on my main account (xbox)

Edit: also as a feature request, would it be possible to get a new column under Kingdom that shows how many mythics we have for the kingdom? Like 0/2 or something.

@Elduderino, would it be possible to add tracking for the current week trophies? That would be useful for guilds competing on the leader board with high weekly trophy requirements.

Thanks for the feedback, guys!
@dawgpwnd Your current number of souls is not visible to either GowDB (AFAIK) or Gemologica because it’s not accessible with just your invite code. This is why I just show a “semi-green” cell for leveling tasks - I can’t say if you have enough souls. If I ever add support for game password logins, this will be solved.
Regarding a Mythics column - I’ll consider it.
@Bhaya If I ever add something like a “profile” page, I’ll definitely add this. Right now there isn’t really a place for a stat like that.

2 Likes

A subscriber to my channel told me about this and i will check it out! Sounds good and if i like it i will probably be sending thousands of people your way :wink:

1 Like

You are right. And I hope that at one point you will be able to make a “profile” page because whatever you touch turns into gold. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve just tried to check some Kingdom stats, but got a 503 error :frowning:

I’ve tried clearing cache and refreshing, but it just says “Loading Data”, sits there for a while, then says “Unexpected error: 503”

I’ve tried using both Firefox and Chrome on PC.

2 Likes

I wanted to echo others’ feedback here: this app kicks ass!

Minor quibble: at the moment, the page is giving me a 503 error in Firefox and Chrome on Windows 10 and Android 8.

Thanks!

2 Likes

The site is working again, there was an issue with the latest troop data. Thanks for letting me know!

4 Likes

@ElDuderino Ive been having an issue with the site thinking I have more traitstones than I do. I made sure the “infinite” buttons were off. It’s telling me I have enough Green/Yellow arcanes to finish traiting 2 troops and power up a kingdom, but I have 0 in my inventory. I tried re-linking to no avail

@dawgpwnd Please send me your invite code and the exact details of the issue (e.g. a screenshot), I’ll take a look.
EDIT: fixed the issue, thanks for the hint!

1 Like

Thanks for a super useful tool.

The “infinite traitstones” buttons seem to be not working for me any more? most of them make no difference to the number of “can trait” troops. Weirdest of all, setting Celestials to infinite actually drops my “can trait” count in Broken Spire from 4 to 0; clicking infinite back off makes no difference, remains at 0. Chrome 87 on Windows FWIW, but I see the same thing in Firefox too.

Also, a minor feature req: I can never remember which arcanes are which colors. It would be handy if hovering over the icons in the Kindom / Stone column popped up a tooltip with the name of the stone? Maybe similarly for the Kingdom / Deed column; like, I can remember that red=Fire and blue=Ice, but the rest of the colors oof I dunno.

I think this is one of the best ones yet…I wish the color pallets could be more visually apparent.

On tasks I’ve completed, I’d prefer the cell(s) shaded green (darker green text) - to make it visually apparent it’s completed.

On tasks I have not completed, but are technically possible - yellow background / dark yellow text

On tasks that are not technically possible - red background / dark red text (this could also remove the, now, superfluous lock icon)

Similar for pets; if its level 20 (green), <20 (yellow), unobtained (red) - it was hard to see “hairy hoarder” initially - as I do not have that one yet at all.

@Maisie The unlimited traitstone sim was actually broken after a recent change, thanks for letting me know! It is fixed now. Also added the tooltips!

@Lorien1973 Thanks a lot for your suggestions, I will experiment with the colors a bit more.

3 Likes