ANNOUNCE: Kingdom Power Checklist

Confused by Kingdom Power? Struggling to keep track of your progress?

The new Kingdom Power Checklist can help!

Track the number of pets you have from each Kingdom. Track the number of troops with three traits in each Kingdom. Track how many weapons you’ve upgraded for each Kingdom.

Okay, so there’s a lot of tracking.

Visit my Gems of War page to download the checklist, in Word or PDF format:
paulius.50webs.com/gemsofwar.html

The Kingdom Power Checklist is a table where you can mark your progress towards each Kingdom’s Power Level objectives. Included is a colour-coded table of what those objectives are.

I recommend using the table from the point where all Kingdoms are level 10 and you’ve collected most non-Mythic troops. The game doesn’t do a great job of letting you know where you’re at on Power Levels; at best, you have to open each kingdom in turn. If you keep this checklist roughly up-to-date, you should have a better idea of which Kingdoms might be ready for advancement.

This version includes the Sin of Maraj. I intend to add any new Kingdoms within a couple of days of release.

I’m also planning to put together some reference tables – as I’ve done for other games – to help answer those burning, in-game questions: What’s the best banner for this team? How many Souls do I need to level my new Hero Class? How close am I to Hero Level 100 with this Class?

Hopefully I can produce something before too long.

Note: If you find this useful, I’d love to hear from you. If you can think of ways to make it better, I’d love to hear from you. If you don’t get it and can’t see why anyone would use this stupid checklist, keep your mouth shut – I didn’t make this for you.

Enjoy!

11 Likes

Nice. I wish it was in game. It takes me like 10 minutes to poke around to figure out where I have quests or challenges left, let alone what I have to do to level them.

2 Likes

Make sure you are registered

1. Go to my collection under your name
  2. To the right of troop table, click on kingdoms
  3. Shows all your kingdoms and what is needed to level each one
4 Likes

Nice one, GoW-DB. I would ask if it’s printable, but I guess my version is, so we got that covered between us. :slight_smile:

Someone pointed out the text isn’t searchable on the forums. Let’s try this:

Tasks to Raise Kingdom Power

Power Task 1 Task 2 Task 3 Bonus
1 2 troops 1 troop to L5 Complete Quests +100 Gold per day
2 4 troops 3 troops to L10 Kingdom Level 5 Double Tribute reward
3 1 weapon 3 Traits on 4 troops 2 Epic troops +200 Gold per day
4 8 troops 5 troops to L15 Kingdom Level 10 Double Tribute chance
5 1 weapon maxed 3 Traits on 7 troops Legendary troop +1 Kingdom skill bonus
6 12 troops 9 troops to L18 7 challenges at 5☆ +400 Gold per day
7 3 weapons 3 Traits on 11 troops 2 Legendary troops Triple Tribute reward
8 16 troops 14 troops to L19 2 weapons maxed +600 Gold per day
9 Class 3 Traits on 16 troops 1 pet Triple Tribute chance
10 20 troops 18 troops to L20 Mythic troop +2 Kingdom skill bonus
11 20 troops to L20 Class to L20 1 pet to L10 ×3.25 Tribute reward
12 3 Traits on 21 troops Champion L20 4 weapons ×3.25 Tribute chance
13 22 troops to L20 3 Traits on class 1 pet to L20 ×3.5 Tribute reward
14 3 Traits on 23 troops Champion L30 3 weapons maxed ×3.5 Tribute chance
15 24 troops to L20 Champion L40 2 pets +1,000 Gold per day
16 3 Traits on 25 troops Champion L50 4 weapons maxed ×3.75 Tribute reward
17 26 troops to L20 Champion L60 2 pets to L20 ×3.75 Tribute chance
18 3 Traits on 27 troops Champion L70 6 weapons maxed ×4 Tribute reward
19 28 troops to L20 Champion L80 3 pets ×4 Tribute chance
20 3 Traits on 29 troops Champion L100 8 weapons maxed +3 Kingdom skill bonus
9 Likes

Should it say Hero class or just class vs Champion?

Technically the hero class level is separate, defines stats as per troops, and is leveled with souls to a max of 20. Champion level is separate, unlocks talents, and is leveled via combat using the class to a max of 100.

Agreed. ‘Hero Class’ would read better than just ‘Class’.
Lyya explained Champion level vs Hero Class level.

Is there the list of the maximum power of kingdoms can be raised now?

This spreadsheet has all of the information that you are looking for.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hvL6AijrIk4B2HHAh0A9yh3J7jVHlN2DV54fINvRkV8/edit?usp=sharing

2 Likes

Yep, it’s on the Kingdoms tab in Cindy’s link.

I’m going to suggest that gowdb.com integrate it with their “My Collection” feature, but feel free to beat me to it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s sort of there right now. What scenario specifically do you have in mind? I’m all for optimizing the player experience in My Collection, but I’d need to know what we’re trying to improve.

…total kingdom level leaderboard? :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey Lyya.

Your reply sure does make this easier! :slight_smile: Let’s see what other people think, too.

Here’s what I was thinking: My checklist is essentially designed to help track progress towards Kingdom Power stars. But to be honest, it’s a pain to keep up to date. I often upgrade troops while I’m in bed on the iPad, and getting up to tick off the checklist is too hard to bother.

Still, the questions that the checklist is meant to answer are still important questions. Essentially, I want to know what is (and will be) holding me back from more Power Stars across my kingdoms, and which (and how many) resources do I need to advance most efficiently.

For example, right now half my Kingdoms are at 5 stars, and a bunch are at 6, with a few higher still. When I go traitstone farming, I’d like to know which Kingdoms are closest to another star, and which resources I need to get them up. At the moment, I have to click on each kingdom, in turn, to find out that two need 2 more troops fully traited, two need 3 more troops fully traited, and one needs 4 more troops fully traited. I can then click through to discover both of the 9/11 kingdoms need lots of Arcanes I don’t have, but one of the 8/11 is only 4 Arcanes short. I also need to notice that Sin of Maraj can’t go any higher, so there’s no point doing the Challenges there.

What I would like to be able to do is log in to gowdb and see a table with the following information: kingdoms listed alphabetically, Power level, max Power level, Skill bonus type, Arcane Traitstone colours, then what I need to do to raise each Kingdom by 1, 2 and 3 stars, including the minimum resource costs of doing so and how much of those resources I already have. Finally, if I click on any task, it will give me precise information about which troops I can opt to improve, and the cost of each.

For example, for one Kingdom at Power level 4, gaining one star might say that I have 0/1 weapons maxed and 6/7 troops fully traited, and that it would cost me at least 15/54 Legendary Ingots to get the weapon and for the troop, 18/153 Minor Green, 4/200 Major Green and 1/0 Arcane Green/Green traitstones. If I click on the traiting, it would show all the troops I don’t have fully traited in the kingdom, and show the cost of fully traiting each (including, again, how many of each traitstone I already have). Mousing over an Arcane traitstone would then show which kingdom I need to farm.

For the second star, it would say I have 10/35 Challenges completed, and 8/9 troops to L18, with just 800/* Souls required (*=more than 100K). Clicking on the troops would list the levellable troops and how much each would cost to get to L18.

For the third star, it would say it’s impossible because only 2/3 weapons are available for this kingdom, and that I also have 6/11 troops fully traited (perhaps without the detail, since an earlier star is the limiting factor, or perhaps a common display for both stars, after clicking). And while I have the 2 available weapons, only one is maxed.

Effectively, we would have all the info we need to see how far each Kingdom is away from getting a Power star, and compare between kingdoms, plus being able to dig down to decide exactly which resources to farm for exactly which troops/items.

Behind the scenes, the code would need to fetch our collection (done) including stats for each card (done?), and our inventory and current Kingdom power levels (can be inferred). It would need to calculate the max possible level for each kingdom (recalculated globally only when new items are added to the game). It would need to determine what’s missing for Power stars in each kingdom, identify all candidates for fixing that (for each missing task), and sort each list of candidates by “ease of completing”. Finally, build all that information into the summary table and expanded “on click” information (which might be a drop-down iframe, or something).

Admittedly, this is heaps of work! But it could be done in smaller steps. The first useful step would be, I think, presenting the current, in-game information about just the next star in a single table covering all kingdoms on one page. Step 2 might be identifying the list of candidates to gain that star (without analysing the resources required or ranking the candidates). Step 3 might be to expand to 2 and 3 stars. Step 4, adding the cost analysis (perhaps leaving traitstones until last).

So that’s my proposal. Two questions:

1. Lyya, is this too much work to even begin?

2. Everyone else, how much would you like to see this tool?

I see. Currently there is a kingdom checklist that should be showing you some of this information. Here is a snippet of mine, for example:

There’s a lock icon over any currently unattainable criterion, and you can also filter these out entirely from the list if you want. The rest show progress, and if you click on a kingdom (like I have in this example) then the filter on the left is set so you can see exactly what you haven’t leveled or obtained to meet the criterion.

Is it possible this functionality is just not exposed well?

+1 to this idea @Lyya. :grinning:

Isn’t that just going to be a massive tie for first place?

1 Like

Maybe. But it might be like factions where it’s more divided than people think.
Maybe you could combine the two and make Renown part of it to split up any ties.
So Lem would have to have all the Kingdoms max power and the highest renown to get first place?

Sorry for the late reply.

Yep, that’s almost exactly what I was talking about – except…

Before the “except”, I want to say that what you’ve done there is fantastic! Much of the behind-the-scenes work I referred to is already done, and it’s already a great tool, as it is. To bring it closer to my vision would mostly be a matter of constructing a new table format (in addition to what you have).

I actually found it myself the next day. I would agree that this functionality is not easy to find, for at least two reasons: 1) that part of the page does not appear at all if the browser window is too narrow (I rarely use it full-screen – usually about 1000px wide); 2) because the “Resources” and “Kingdoms” links are not actually explained. Nor is the “Resources” column in the table explained.

So apart from anything else, I think it would be very useful to make some adjustments for people with narrower window widths; and also to provide (for example) mouse-over pop-ups explaining what those three things mean.

The second thing that differs from my suggestion is that each piece of information is on its own line. This makes it hard to compare Kingdoms.

Third, you’re focussing on the current tasks, same as the game itself. My thought it to rearrange the data so it focusses on the types of tasks, and when each type will be needed to advance.

Finally, while clicking on the Kingdom name shows all the resources needed for a card upgrade, there’s no summary of minimum resources needed for the kingdom to advance, nor any highlighting or sorting/prioritising of the options.

I think it would be great if you could add a new table between “My Collection” and “Sign Out” featuring information for each Kingdom that can easily be compared between Kingdoms, plus some extra sorting/prioritising features for the table that comes up when clicking on the Kingdom name (both tables could easily appear on the same page, one below the other).

Feel free to message me if you’d like to discuss this further. :slight_smile:

Hopefully, what I’ve been relatively clear as to my intended purpose for the new table (in both long posts).

Update Notice
I’ve updated the Kingdom Power Star Checklist to v1.4, and included the new Hero Classes predicted out to August (in grey, so you can write over them easily if they change). Thanks for your patience.

I’ve also updated the online Quick Reference Tables up to Sentinel class, and the printable tables to Dark Pits (new Faction, due 8th March).

Base link for all this content is The Starlite Lemming's Super-Lab -- Gems of War

As always, I’m happy to hear any suggestions for improvements. :slight_smile:

4 Likes