Gaining new kingdoms' commons and rares

There is not a specific troop at the moment, however there are many of the new troops I haven’t been able to ascend very high, so I would like a tool in place that gives all players the ability to purchase the lower end troops for ascension and collection.

It’s also a pretty huge leap to assume that such an instrument would mean forgoing new features. The tools exist already for such sales in the glory packs that already exist, Just make more for the lower rarity troops. It doesn’t seem like such a huge slap I the face as it feels like you think it would be to implement this.

I’m not sure I’m following, so let me see if I’ve got this…

You’re acquiring such a large amount of higher rarity troops because of the frequent amount of gems and glory keys you acquire thanks to guild tasks, but have a lesser amount of commons/rares because you’re spending the gold necessary to get them on guild tasks instead.

This isn’t even 1st Krystara problems. This is Elite Krystara problems. XD
We’re not even talking 1% of players here, it’s more like 0.1%, maybe. Making riches so quick that you miss the crummy apartment life you started in, or wishing you could try one of those poor peoples hotdog vendors but can’t because you’ve got an image to uphold.

I’m in a top 10 guild and even I don’t have the issue being discussed here!
I can honestly only think of one fitting response to sum up my feelings to this whole topic right now:

I say keep going, I want to see what this leads to.

2 Likes

I can’t say i agree. It is like seeing someone make just enough to pay for their apartment every month but have just barely enough to get the food they need to stay healthy so because parts of their body is not getting nutrition properly their body starts storing up energy and begins getting fat. Being fat used to be a sign of over eating because you could afford food but now it is a sign of being poor because you can’t get the right food to eat.

Anyone saying that this is just a problem for the top 1% or less is missing the point of the thread. It is to allow anyone to focus any troop that they like. Event keys cover ultra rare to legendary, but completely miss commons and rares. If the lesser two rarities were offered for glory, or any means really, then all players have the opportunity to focus a troop. For example, there are a lot of people on the lower end that don’t have a Dust Devil yet, or only have it at rare or ultra rare. If they want or really like the troop, they could spend something like glory to get more of them during a Drifting Sand event instead of spending $15 to do so. The $15 dollar option would still be viable as my pre-proposed statement of 250 glory for 5 rares is high enough that someone at the lower end can only buy it once. This one time will allow them to actually have the card if they had 0, or to get it to ultra rare so it scales with their already existing troops.

Keep in mind that a lower player right now only has troops at ultra rare and epic rarity. By the time this next kingdom comes, their troops are going to start to be further spread apart. Aside from having the problem of just obtaining cards, they will have the problem of newer cards being inherently weaker than their other cards due to no resources to raise them properly, including number of cards to ascend. Without an option to obtain any rarity directly through a focused method (currently only event keys do that), there is no way for anyone to focus on anything that they want properly.

Take Rock Worm for example. Everyone knows how viable having multiple of those can be, especially in early game. What if a newer player wants a bunch of them? Well, the amount of gold it would cost to just get one would be around 30k-100k gold. The amount to start ascending it would start to increase multiplicitly. Even if they want to buy it with cash they won’t be able to due to shop items only reaching as low as rare. If there was a common and rare glory option every event for the lesser two rarities, it would give lower players the opportunity to map farm glory to buy these smaller packs for the purpose of getting a troop that they want.

7 Likes

I’m having a real hard time trying to understand why people think this benefits only the higher end player.

You spend a key and have a 1 in 10 chance of getting the card you want, then more cities come out, and your chance to get the card or cards you need goes down each time. Soon it’s 1 in 20, then 1 in 30, with the numbers getting worse with every new kingdom.

Soon all those low level players have nothing but un-ascended troops, and even just holes in their collection because the odd are so SO low and there is no other tool to help.

I get that the top players have lots of resources to get the troops they want, but even at that end I had to spend something like 1500 glory keys and 90k gold to get a dust devil to mythic simply because of the amount of troops there are!

If the higher end players are having to put that considerable amount of resources in, what chance do lower level players have of getting the common and rare troops to fill their collection or ascend?

3 Likes

As a low(ish) level player, the answer is “getting common troops to mythic is not on my to-do list”.

I’m not opposed to bundles & tools that benefit niche players. But the idea that lower level players who are filling out their decks would be thinking, “Gosh golly gee if only I had an easier way to get one hundred copies of this one low level troop!” is ridiculous.

3 Likes

i volunteer for devils advocate. I am going to hell but i have to agree and disagree. New tool to fill out empty holes in someones deck is nice but on the other hand i think it scales too much for higher end playes do to those in higher guilds not those with higher levels.

I’m sure there are level 50-200 players that wish they had a fully mythic goblin team. :stuck_out_tongue:

I didn’t mean it to all the way mythic though. Even one rarity more like having a legend instead of an epic can make a big difference when everyone around you is using epic rarity or less. It will allow lower leveled players to super focus an area instead of being forced to evenly distribute everywhere. Since most lower players can only afford the souls for a few solid teams, being able to focus cards will help.

The other problem from the dev side is there is no way to profit off of it. Buying gold to buy gold keys in order to get multiple of a certain troop is not a viable option at all. They have one for rares, but not commons. There are a lot of good commons in this game like Goblin, Golem, Ogre, Serpent, Skeleton, Rock Worm, and others.

2 Likes

Well, I’m level 150 & I have no commons anymore. Maybe one or two? Almost all of my formerly-common cards are ultra-rare.

What’s more, I don’t really fuss about getting additional copies of those cards because i’m more worried about cards that I don’t have. I’m still missing a handful of epics. I am still missing most of the legendaries.

Even wanting 25 copies of this or that common doesn’t quite ping my radar. Do I wish I had a few more copies of Valkyrie? Yep, sure do. But she’s fine as an ultra-rare. And I suspect that by the time I really care about whether she’s level 17 or 18, I’ll probably have her at 18.

***edited to add: I suspect this rate of card acquisition is a sign that things are working as intended.

1 Like

@Personette I had a similar mindset when I was around level 150 as you, “I get them when I get them” mentality. Unfortunately as things stand now, it will drastically change for ya when you reach level 200. You will often times face teams that are 3-5 times higher in level than you. I remember vividly that it was hard for me to compete against teams with mostly Mythic troops with my Ultra-rares and Epics.

Maybe–but even then, will I be thinking that the best way to improve my stats is to focus on ascending cards with a base rarity of common?

And even if the answer is ‘yes’, in order to convince me that I’ll be scrabbling for extra commons, you have to set my level at 200. Whereas the debate here is about whether or not this would be a useful feature for low-level players.

I tend to think ‘more is more’ and if some people would like a feature, and none would be hurt by it, eh, go for it. Add more bundles! Sure! But, no, it’s not going to be super useful for low-level players.

1 Like

Devils advocate here, i am confused are we talking about adding bundles for glory or adding a mechanic that allows people to buy troops directly? If it is a bundle that can be bought for glory then low end players should be able to make use of it adequately yes? However if it is a feature to be implemented in order to create/craft then i would be against it unless there is a limit to how much can be bought/created. We already have a way to target individual troops of common to ultra rare in the form of arena with x number of wins so another system in place would probable hinder that but if we talk bundles for glory then of course i would like to see that implemented. (hi tyri)

we have been talking about glory packs this whole time.

Mr @Tacet
Would be nice if they would thin out the GOLD, and half of the Minor and Major Traitstones in gold key drops

Well I’m level 300 and I still have the same mentality as @Personette.

I’ll get them when I get them. All the new cards I have made ultra rare. Anything older (except my gaps) are epic or better.
The only mythic I have is Bunni’Nog.
Getting a common that I am not using to mythic is not even on my to-do list.
I can’t even level them up yet because it costs tens of thousands of souls. I’m months away from needing it, and who knows what I get in that time.

I get how frustrating it must be for the rich, though. You’ve got a perfect mythic collection and then a new city comes out and bam. You can only get this one to epic.
Well, I am lucky to get it to blue. Still not a priority.

2 Likes

That’s one reason why I bought gold chests. ( after leveling all kingdoms up to 10, that was my main priority). Getting the commons/rares that I used to Mythic was part of it, but the other part of it was so I could trade the extras in for souls. This allowed me to level up my Epics and Legends faster.

B@Aaaaaaaaaaa
I cant keep up with dis- accenting the over flow

Like my previous post mentioned, I’m honestly just impressed.

Making me believe this is meant to help lower-end players as well would be a difficulty bluff to pull off. It’s pretty clear this topic was drawn up to quicken the 1%'s rate of ascension, you don’t need a Mythic Quasit, and you sure as well know you won’t use it, but the fact it’s not mythic is clearly bothering you.

Claim it’s not necessary to get it to mythic, you and I both know that if there was a selective option for it, you’d use it. Sure, there are useful common and rares, but the rate low-end players acquire them is far more even among all rarities than the numerous Epic and Legendary troops to possibly have a chance at within the first 200 levels.

This feature was thought up, devised, and agreed upon by high-level users, that’s everyone that’s liked a single post on the implementation of it. The mere thought of lower levels getting anything from it is a post-it note at best, just to cover all the bases.

Like I said before, I’m not mad. Just don’t pretend this is meant to help anything but the 1% and I would probably even agree it’s a feature worth considering.

3 Likes

It’s also a little silly that the real reason it’s being requested is bc Guild Tasks are broken at their level. They’re taking in insane amounts of Gems, Glory Keys, & Souls every week from their Gold contributions. I don’t even know how much, but I’d love if someone from Match Masters shared those numbers. So it’s essentially, “I can’t be bothered to buy Gold Chests bc this other thing is so beneficial”. It’s also worth mentioning that the other common complaint is not having enough Minor/Major Traitstones… Which come in abundance from Gold Chests.

I’d like to know one person that has that complaint, lol. :laughing:

7 Likes