Gaining new kingdoms' commons and rares

Would it break our already possible fragile economy if we could use souls to make troops?

Ha, which would then need to be leveled after ascending them? :slight_smile:

I would love if they replaced disenchanting with a new resource that could buy any troop in the game like Hearthstone and other similar games. It would be pretty hard to balance though given the current accumulation methods of the game.

You would need the souls to craft the initial unit then use the souls to level it up but you can only craft units you do not yet have. There for you can craft a rare or a common with souls but then their max level is that of their base rarity to prevent ascension but decrease the grinding for searching new troops and power leveling them. The only problem with this method i can ascertain is what would the soul costs be and should we incorporate higher than rare.

Probably, yes…

My favoured suggestion on this is having a mechanism to buy random keys with souls… with a severely diminishing rate of return…

Another plan would be guild tasks payable with souls…

1 Like

Completely different than Rock worm - they have no board control, so they won’t loop at all. On the other hand they have Empowered trait and AoE spell, so 4 of them fully traited is enough to finish off most challenges without even touching the board.

1 Like

Well, that sort of takes away from Tacet’s idea since he wants to get enough commons to ascend them all the way to mythic, while you’re just saying to be able to craft the initial one that you don’t have (if I understand that correctly).

But my response was more tongue in cheek in that souls themselves are in short supply (yes, you can grind via Valkyrie, I know) so though you spend some to get a troop, you need them to level up said troop which just leads to more grinding.

For most players… some of us have more First Krystara problems…

This is an absurd statement. A solution like this benefits everyone, and with continued pay eventually everyone becomes “late game”.

Like the purpose of the original post? Getting enough commons of the new kingdoms? :wink:

And also, lower the drop rate of the MAJOR traitstones!

3 Likes

It’s not when you think about opportunity costs. Would you rather they develop a new system that benefits a very small percentage of resource-rich players, or one that expands the game and benefits all players? The vast majority of people have no need for this system. We have tons of troops that we need to max out so focusing specifically on the latest kingdom isn’t necessary.

Agreed. I’ve got over 500 of each of the major traitstones and I’m short on every other traitstone… :frowning:

You’re just flat out wrong on this. Many of the players want to play with the “collection” aspect of the game also, gotta catch em all you know. Being able to pay glory to get those hard to obtain troops and what’s more get them easy enough to ascend them a few times benefits everyone.

I sense some disdain from you towards long time players which makes me sad. If you can look past that you will see how much this benefits everyone.

you understabd me correctly. I wanted to make sure you could not abuse crafting though.[quote=“Jainus, post:25, topic:5413”]
Another plan would be guild tasks payable with souls…
[/quote]

there are guild tasks that give souls.[quote=“Machiknight, post:34, topic:5413”]
much this benefits everyone
[/quote]

If everyone has access to a particular system then it should be able to benefit everyone. The dust idea is good but it would add yet another system that might effect the fragile economy where as with the souls thing they can be gotten with glory, guild task, some troops can generate them, arena, disenchanting troops. I would think that troop creation would be abused at that rate so limiting it to either a certain rarity which would benefit everyone (but benefit those who can grind souls faster) or limit it to crafting only a certain amount of it (1-4) to prevent abuse of those who wish to try and get ahead of themselves.

Also trait stone crafting please oh god please.

I didn’t mean the dust system, I meant op’s original idea of glory packs.

oh my mistake.

To be clear, I’m a non-end-game player that’s saying I don’t want it b/c it’s not useful. I am already resource constrained and something like this doesn’t help me in any way. My Gold goes to Kingdom levels. My Glory goes to Glory Chests and/or weekly troops. My Souls go to leveling troops. I don’t need this system, nor do the vast majority of players.

What you’re asking is to make it easier for end-game players to get the Common and Rare troops from a new kindgom so they don’t have to deal with duplicates. First, the game needs to retain long-term players and making it easier to get troops doesn’t help that goal. Second, the most abundant resource in the game for end-game players is Gold. The solution is simple: Spend a little less on Guild Tasks and buy some Gold Chests for a week or two. Or save the mounds of free Gold Keys you get from playing + tributes. It’s not something that’s broken and needs fixing. Especially when addressing something to make it easier for end-game players necessarily means something else doesn’t get addressed (i.e., opportunity costs).

And, no, I have no animosity toward end-game players. I’m trying to be the voice of non-end-game players when the forums are full of mostly end-game players who often argue for their benefits to the disservice of the majority of players. There’s no disdain. I simply have little sympathy for resource-rich end-game players who are requesting a way to make it easier for them to spend their abundance of resources.

1 Like

I am not an end game player either, neither am I drowning in resources. I want this.

Why? Is there a specific new troop that you don’t have but want so bad that you’re willing to forgo new features/content in order to be able to get it at an unfavorable cost relative to other options?