Frozen doesn't apply

Platform, device version and operating system:
PC/Steam

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Ancient Horror made a purple 4 gem match and received an extra turn. This shouldn’t have happened because he was frozen as shown on the screenshot.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Several times and not only in GW and with the Ancient Horror. And I’ve noticed this since the last update. Although it doesn’t seem to be consistent and restricted to one troop.

3 Likes

I have noticed this bug numerous times recently. I have had it occur several times in the same fight with different troops and separate applications of the Frozen status. I don’t recall seeing it prior to the last update. However, post update, it has been very evident.

This is an old bug, probably since the dawn of Gems of War.
It was supposedly fixed, but I have seen it time and time again, so I don’t think that it was ever properly fixed or addressed.

I can only confirm this, but I am not sure if this is a general issue or an issue related to certain troops/order of troops on the enemy side, etc.

I may have run into it once in a blue moon previously and subsequently would have dismissed it as a random anomaly (as I do the vast host of other bugs I have seen over the years). However, this particular bug has been significantly more evident and pernicious over the past couple of weeks in my game. I cannot recall having a “one off” bug like this occur multiple times in the same match as I have recently with this one - let alone multiple times across multiple matches. Sadly, it is just another negative variable that creates and exacerbates player frustration. I have read about certain bugs plaguing players that I have never experienced, I have been plagued by different bugs not encountered by others.
A status effect bug like this is especially irritating as an entire team build and strategy may revolve around the status effect working properly.

Had this happen in the class trial today. Since I was half asleep I figured it got a Cascade or something and I missed it. But the first troop (could of been Ancient Horror) did a 4 skull match and kept it’s turn despite being frozen.

We’ve tested for this issue extensively but have been unable to reproduce it or find the issue in the code.

If you are getting it consistently if you could capture a video of the issue occurring it would be very helpful!