[Fix Incoming] Frozen opponent can keep turn after 4 match including Heroic Gems

Platform, device version and operating system:
Steam/PC Win11

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Expect if there is any troop frozen on purple and only a purple 4-match is acquired, the turn is NOT retained.

How often does this happen?
sample size is low. about 50% at 2 out of 4 attempts. could have been lucky, needs more data.

When did it begin happening?
:man_shrugging:

Steps to make it happen again
see videos

Thanks to Grand Master @Luceo for helping to reproduce this issue with video evidence!

12 Likes

Same with spirit gem, freeze gem and possibly other matchable heroic gems.

Funny thing is the bug isn’t consistent. Sometimes you keep your extra turn, sometimes you don’t.

Can happen on both sides btw

3 Likes

I had the same thing happen to me in GW today and I lost the game.

Watching the videos, it seems to me that the code which allows special gems (eg: Web gems) to be matched with regular colour gems (eg: Purple gems) is not recognising the 4-match as a match of the colour (eg: Purple).

In these examples, a 4-match of mixed Purple and Web gems is not recognised as a Purple match, so being frozen on Purple does not come into play.

I would like to see an example where the 4-match is a Web gem, then three Purples next to each other; or a 5-match where the lone Web gem is right at the far end.

That’s what I would be testing, if I were a developer or tester for I+2.

2 Likes

Added videos for Lycanthropy and Spirit Gems to the original post, captured by @Luceo

5 Likes

Hello :slight_smile:

@HugeOgre
Thank you for all the testing videos!

I’ve since reported this issue to the development team and there should be a fix incoming for the next patches.

Thank you for your patience.

5 Likes